Thomas vs. Anderson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Thomas vs. Anderson

I put this out there in the spirit of the old "I was wrong" thread:

Anyone still want to defend the idea that the Bruins should have kept Craig Anderson and let Thomas walk after his Vezina year?

The urge arose from looking at the strength of the youth on that Avs roster when they signed Forsberg and returned when reading the e-Harmony Forsberg/Hedjuk thread.  Avs have some really solid young talent in Duchene, Stewart, Stastny, Shattenkirk, O'Reilly etc., but are struggling this year, partly because of a rash of injuries and partly because they've gotten no help from their goalies.  Craig Anderson's GAA is 3.19, his S% is .899.  He has 0 shutouts and a losing record.  Peter Budaj has outplayed him in every sense except S% - he's only .898.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Re: Thomas vs. Anderson

Once again, Tim Thomas has shown us all how dedication and plain old gumption can produce excellent results. When Chiarelli signed Tim to his new contract as a vezina winner, noone complained. With Tuuka on a "learning" curve everything was settling in place. Then Timmy started to look like Blane" 5 hole Lacher", and Tuuka ended up showing us some excellent skills. After the season we learned that Timmy  had a torn labrum hip injury. There were any number of bloggers who advocated trade Timmy. He tackled his rehab, but noone knew how he would perform. Well, now we know and should also recognize that Tuuka is back on the "learning" curve.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticBear68. Show CelticBear68's posts

Re: Thomas vs. Anderson

Ive never been a Thomas fan, but I gotta give this guys props.  Big ups for Timmy.  all the Bruins have done is bring in guys to take his job, and he's never bitched and always wins the starting job back, in the end.  One of PC's first moves when he got to Boston was to sign Manny Fernandez, he was PC's "guy".

Timmy has handed himself in every situation with class and grace, seems to be an awesome team guy, and always has a smile on his face.  He's also steadily improved his game over the years, working on his puck-handling, rebound control and positioning - and his careeer stats bear out that work on improving his craft.

At this point, I'd have to say Thomas is very likely UNDERpaid.  Kudo's to Timmy from a Tuukka fan.