Thomas vs. Luongo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Thomas vs. Luongo

Goals should be at a premium tonight in a battle between the eventual Vezina finalists.I like Boston's chances if TT plays like he did in Calgary.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Thomas vs. Luongo

Should be good although I hava alway thought Luongo was somewhat overrated. I lost all respect for him a couple o years ago when he threatened retirement due to the NHL cracking down on the size of goalie equipment....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

1 game in 7-8 days has been a killer. Hopefully the B's are fired up for this one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas vs. Luongo:
    [QUOTE]Should be good although I hava alway thought Luongo was somewhat overrated. I lost all respect for him a couple o years ago when he threatened retirement due to the NHL cracking down on the size of goalie equipment....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]
    Since I'm Canadian,he won me back over with his play in international competition.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]1 game in 7-8 days has been a killer. Hopefully the B's are fired up for this one.
    Posted by SteveM[/QUOTE]

I  can see them being very lethargic out of the gate....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas vs. Luongo : Since I'm Canadian,he won me back over with his play in international competition.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Boooooooooooooo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Fair enough Dez. Just makes me angry, kind of like Giguere winning the Conn Smythe by dressing up as the "stay-puff marshmallow man."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Fair enough Dez. Just makes me angry, kind of like Giguere winning the Conn Smythe by dressing up as the "stay-puff marshmallow man."

Goalie equipment is a total joke.  I remember seeing an interview with Ryan Miller after a game, still in gear.  His arms must have been three feet in circumference.  They have extenders that they claim protect their thighs (isn't that what the pads in the pants do?) but they really just shut the five hole for the butterfly goalies.

The catching gloves could be used to catch Baffin Bay trout and the waffles could feed a small arm.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas vs. Luongo : Goalie equipment is a total joke.  I remember seeing an interview with Ryan Miller after a game, still in gear.  His arms must have been three feet in circumference.  They have extenders that they claim protect their thighs (isn't that what the pads in the pants do?) but they really just shut the five hole for the butterfly goalies. The catching gloves could be used to catch Baffin Bay trout and the waffles could feed a small arm.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Yeah,Luongo is scrawny with his gear off but on the ice he looks huge.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

It is one of my pet peeves. Although there is an argument to be made that if players can use composite sticks that can make the mosy average perosn shoot a puck at 100 miles per hour then it should be fair for goalies to be able to wear their armour. That being said, the adjustable shoulder pads that raise when a goalie goes down in the butterfly is beyond the pale in my opinion....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas vs. Luongo : Goalie equipment is a total joke.  I remember seeing an interview with Ryan Miller after a game, still in gear.  His arms must have been three feet in circumference.  They have extenders that they claim protect their thighs (isn't that what the pads in the pants do?) but they really just shut the five hole for the butterfly goalies. The catching gloves could be used to catch Baffin Bay trout and the waffles could feed a small arm.

I have noticed all 3 of of Buffalo's goalies (Miller, Lalime, Enroth) seem to have abnormally larger pads than every other goalie, at least using the eye test.    Especially the chest protector's.  I think there is some funny buisness going on Buffalo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]It is one of my pet peeves. Although there is an argument to be made that if players can use composite sticks that can make the mosy average perosn shoot a puck at 100 miles per hour then it should be fair for goalies to be able to wear their armour. That being said, the adjustable shoulder pads that raise when a goalie goes down in the butterfly is beyond the pale in my opinion....

Having the equipment to protect the goalie is one thing.  Having it to stop the puck is another.  Think back over the past...well...forever.  Can you recall any goaltender getting hurt by a shot the the chest?  Nope.

They really are Sta-Puft and they're  second only to Skating Clowns on what I hate with today's NHL.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Great game!Luongo played well.TT played better.Glad the D kept the Sedins relatively in check.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Can't really say much about Luongo, Miller etc... when we have a goalie who is 160 soaking wet (Rask). He looks like a paper Mario character he is so skinny.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas vs. Luongo : Having the equipment to protect the goalie is one thing.  Having it to stop the puck is another.  Think back over the past...well...forever.  Can you recall any goaltender getting hurt by a shot the the chest?  Nope. They really are Sta-Puft and they're  second only to Skating Clowns on what I hate with today's NHL.

Yeah, I agree. To make matters worse, I do not recall the NHL maintaining their "crackdown" on the size of goalie pads so it is likely they are the same jumbo size they were a few years ago...ugh!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

Thomas should win Vezina but both have done jack in the playoffs

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

True 40years but hockey is a team sport and perhaps their lack of success has less to do with their individual play and more to do with those around them?...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Thomas should win Vezina but both have done jack in the playoffs
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and those two Olympic medals are meaningless.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas vs. Luongo : Yeah, and those two Olympic medals are meaningless.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    Canada sure as hell didnt win gold because of Luongo

Tim Thomas wasnt the starter and only played about 17 minutes the whole tournament

Im not saying I agree with 40yrsnocup, but that was a weak argument red.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas vs. Luongo : Yeah, and those two Olympic medals are meaningless.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    Neither played, but anyways.  Thomas could be one of the most underrated goalies of all time while you could say the opposite for Luongo.  He's certainly good.  Just not the second coming.  Too much blame on both for not winning in the post season too.  Goalies in general!  Thomas didn't play in the playoffs until he was in his thirties as well.  He'll change this argument when we win the Cup this year anyways.  May have been a Lord Stanley preview last night.  We obviously match up much better with them than DET.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas vs. Luongo : Neither played, but anyways.  Thomas could be one of the most underrated goalies of all time while you could say the opposite for Luongo.  He's certainly good.  Just not the second coming.  Too much blame on both for not winning in the post season too.  Goalies in general!  Thomas didn't play in the playoffs until he was in his thirties as well.  He'll change this argument when we win the Cup this year anyways.  May have been a Lord Stanley preview last night.  We obviously match up much better with them than DET.
    Posted by CamOJonasink[/QUOTE]
    I thought Luongo played a fair amount in the last Olympics.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

I think they both played in one.  Obviously weren't memorable.  I'll have to check.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

I stand corrected.  While Thomas came in for one period, Luongo shared time with Brodeur.  Actually getting the starts in the big games.  Bad memory I guess.  I watched every US game too. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I stand corrected.  While Thomas came in for one period, Luongo shared time with Brodeur.  Actually getting the starts in the big games.  Bad memory I guess.  I watched every US game too. 
    Posted by CamOJonasink[/QUOTE]
    I'm sure it's hard to remember who played goal for Canada since it just seemed like a wall across the net......

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thomas vs. Luongo : I'm sure it's hard to remember who played goal for Canada since it just seemed like a wall across the net......
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    Worst olympic memory ever. Seeing Cindy score in overtime. I was crushed, especially after seeing Parise tie it up. I thought the U.S.was going to win. And that fruitcake did that to me.