Thornton Decides Not to Appeal Suspension Further

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Thornton Decides Not to Appeal Suspension Further

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=440094

I'm surprised.  I thought that the union was pushing Thornton to appeal in the first place.  Disgusting that Neal the repeat offender is playing and racking up points while Thornton sits.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Thornton Decides Not to Appeal Suspension Further

Really surprised by this - I thought the union would have pressured him into an appeal to the arbitrator for sure, in order to test the process.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

You are either all in , or why bother with the first appeal.would have been good for the NHLPA to test the system and see how an independent arbitrator would have ruled.  Oh well..5 more games and the return of ST...can't wait :-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Mutant211's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=440094

I'm surprised.  I thought that the union was pushing Thornton to appeal in the first place.  Disgusting that Neal the repeat offender is playing and racking up points while Thornton sits.

[/QUOTE]

Neal kneed a guy in the head as he skated by him.

Thornton gave Orpik a slew foot and then punched him into a blackout.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

I agree with ST decision. Liked that he appeal/protested the 1st decision and left it at that.

He did knock a player down, punched him in the face and knocked him unconscious. I thought being his 1st suspension, 15 was harsh but regardless, the NHL is "cracking" down on this stuff.

If he went to arbitrator, imo, it would suggest that he did nothing wrong. ST did apologize and will now fulfill his punishment.

End of Story