Thornton Gone For 15

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Thornton Gone For 15

Just announced.

Opportunity to some PBruins.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Re: Thornton Gone For 15

Sorry, Badhab, I was just a little bit late on you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

3 of us started the same thread at the same time

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

I vote for my Headline as the best.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I vote for employment opportunities for people in Providence.

This should be interesting.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

About right... I thought he might get 20.... Bruins knew that the hammer was coming down hard on this one...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Many said Neal's knee was just as bad... Shanny doesn't agree.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Yes great chance for Spooner and Fraser, not good for ST he'll never be able to rejoin the club upon his return, seats will be taken 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

When the "Wheel of Shanny" spins you never know where it will land, flavor of the day.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  Many in the game said the same....#starpreferentialtreatment...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Stanley - He'll return. I just hope Lucic doesn't have to take on any more 4th liners before he does.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Yikes! Shanny bringing the hammer! I guessed 10 games. I was only off by 50%.

I think 15 is a bit much but I understand that the league probably felt like there was a message that needed to be sent through this suspension.

Either way I know SJ will take it like a man. Probably feels like he deserves it and he's right.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

Stanley - He'll return. I just hope Lucic doesn't have to take on any more 4th liners before he does.

Good question.  If such were the case, advantage other team in the trade-off department.

My question becomes do the Bruins keep the roster as is employing someone from within to be used on the fourth line in the manner Julien deploys his fourth line or do they have to recruit a tough guy-type to fill that specific role?  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes great chance for Spooner and Fraser, not good for ST he'll never be able to rejoin the club upon his return, seats will be taken 

[/QUOTE]

Spooner and Fraser have been virtually invisible since being called up, especially Fraser.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Thorts is part of the puzzle, can,t wait for his return       HE DID THE RIGHT THING 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:[QUOTE] Yikes! Shanny bringing the hammer! I guessed 10 games. I was only off by 50%.

I think 15 is a bit much but I understand that the league probably felt like there was a message that needed to be sent through this suspension.

Either way I know SJ will take it like a man. Probably feels like he deserves it and he's right.  [/QUOTE]

Yep

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Way too much IMO.  This could be the beginning of the end of the enforcer role.  If Chara had done it, I bet he would have gotten 5, if that.  

I hope Orpik isn't off the hook for his hit on Loui.  I hope someone lays him out next game, this time legally. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Spooner and Fraser have been virtually invisible since being called up, especially Fraser.

[/QUOTE]

BRUINS are 3-0 with the kids in the line up .....PERIOD 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And they will star showing some numbers starting tonight ...energy line, speed and talend just need a little bit more ice time that they're getting and you'll be impressed

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Way too much IMO.  This could be the beginning of the end of the enforcer role.  If Chara had done it, I bet he would have gotten 5, if that.  

I hope Orpik isn't off the hook for his hit on Loui.  I hope someone lays him out next game, this time legally. 

[/QUOTE]

If Orpik hadn't been hurt there would be no suspension at all.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

15 is reasonable. No arguments here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

It's more the optics than anything, but 15 sounds pretty reasonable. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I'm surprised the league chose to mention the term "retribution".  It's almost an admission that there was at least some level of logic to his reaction.  They'd have been a lot smarter to just omit that.

It's miles away from my prediction, so I think it's excessive...terribly excessive, and keeping with the leagues mandate of being inconsistent.  I don't think a first liner would have got that.  Even one with a bit of a history.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Orpuke is a gutless coward and i wouldn't want him to ever play in Bruin Black and Gold, not only did he cheap  shot Loui but he refused to drop the gloves to say he felt his play was a good one, that in itself is an admission of how cheap a shot it was. As for Neal; a multiple time offender getting away with an attempt to injure MMA knee, this just shows you how much of an idiot Shanny really is, 5 games for ramming a knee on a defenseless player versus, punching a guy who had it coming! I can't write on this site how I really feel but were I Boston's GM I would go find the guy in my system who will kick every member of the Penguins butt the next time they play and make it obvious so they all get the message.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I dont have an issue with orpik.  I still love the physical aspect of the game.  I think that hit is fine.  If loui is right handed or playing his proper wing he sees it coming

ST getting 15 is about right.   I will say this again, if ST was gonna go after someone it should have been Neal.  Neals play is worse then ST imo.