Re: Thornton Gone For 15
posted at 12/14/2013 6:23 PM EST
In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
1.Orpuke is a gutless coward and i wouldn't want him to ever play in Bruin Black and Gold,
2.not only did he cheap shot Loui
3.but he refused to drop the gloves to say he felt his play was a good one, that in itself is an admission of how cheap a shot it was. As for Neal; a multiple time offender getting away with an attempt to injure MMA knee, this just shows you how much of an idiot Shanny really is, 5 games for ramming a knee on a defenseless player versus, punching a guy who had it coming! I can't write on this site how I really feel but were I Boston's GM I would go find the guy in my system who will kick every member of the Penguins butt the next time they play and make it obvious so they all get the message.
1. I agree with you 100%- Orpik is now in Patrick Kaleta's category in my eyes!
2. I disagree. After my head has cooled down over this incident...I think it was at most an interference penalty. He made contact to Louie's head, but it was a North/South hit and it was Orpik's shoulder that made contact to the head not an elbow. Which the NHL has said shots to the head are going to happen when there's body checking involved. After looking at the video more times than I can count. Orpik played the play like Erikkson was going to have the puck. Erikkson didn't & now you have this incident. IF Louie gained possession & then Orpik hit on contact?...There would be no issue...I'd be labelled as a hockey play gone bad. I don't think Orpik could change his mind in the milliseconds it took to see if Erikkson was going to get the puck or not.
3. Total hogwash-- A player does not have to fight after what is deemed a hockey check! If that's the case Lucic would be fighting 6x a night! That's stupid---Body checking is ALLOWED & those that lay a clean hit are not obligated to fight everytime......BUUUUUUT! The history between these 2 teams is not a good one. Orpik IMHO has to fight in this situation! There's no if, or, and about it! Every Pen & every Bruin knows about the history. Every player needs to be prepared to back up every action! Brooks Orpik could've stopped a whole list of things that happened in this game.
Here's the chain of events that I heard this week from different people that have some connections to the NHL players & coaches.
1. Orpik hits Erikkson- Is challenged to fight by Dougie Hamilton. Orpik- refuses.
2. Shawn Thorton tries to engage Orpik- Orpik refuses again
3. Brad Marchand see's Crosby leaning forward on the bench; skates by & tries, but makes very little contact to Crosby's head with his elbow.
4. Crosby trips up Marchand & Neal knees Brad & skates to the bench. Thornton sees Marchand lying there & Neal is gone, then sees the scrum & skates down, slew foots Orpik & gives him 2 rabbit punches.