Thornton v.????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Thornton v.????

So who is going to pretend to be the Nuck tough guy this afternoon?

My money is on Dale "Mr. Punchingbag" Weise.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/106007

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/107723

Has a fighing style only a mother could love.

Good luck Dale. You are going to need it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Thornton v.????

I think both teams are going to be focused on playing good defense and scoring goals.  This isn't as much of a bad blood game as it is a "Who is the better team this year" game.  Torres is gone.  Rome is out with a broken thumb.  The rest of the team is full of skilled players or jesters.  I can't imagine the B's getting involved with the jesters while letting the skilled plays take over.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

It could go that way NAS but I truly believe that since it is a regular season game and the first one these two teams have played since the SCF that emotions will boil over at points. It won't be like COL/DET a decade ago but Van has a lot to prove and the B's are no nonsense.

I actually can see the Nucks as the ones running around trying to look tough while the B's capitalizing on this to get a few early goals before Van settles down a bit.

Just my opinion though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

If I'm a Canuck fan, I'm totally unsatisfied unless somebody at least challenges Marchand to a fight.  But perhaps I am also used to being unsatisfied.

Otherwise, I don't see much incentive for Vancouver to play tough.  Burrows will probably clip Thomas a few times, Lapierre will pretend he wants to fight someone (beckon refs), but that will be about it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Gotta think someone talks to Marchand and Boychuk.  If they don't they should be moved to the KHL.  Van has been ripped in the media and across the hockey world as being soft.  I think they try to do what Buffalo did.  Unfortuntaley they have no one outside of Weise.  And he is not a Thornton type fighter.  I wonder if Bitz dresses as well. 

If Seguin and Bergie took what Raymond and Daniel Gazoo did you would think there would be payback.  Obviously Boychuk wasnt dirty but Van fans believe it was.

Van is praying this is a close game.  I'm going the other way.  Man would I love to be at this game

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Re: Thornton v.????:
    [QUOTE]If I'm a Canuck fan, I'm totally unsatisfied unless somebody at least challenges Marchand to a fight.  But perhaps I am also used to being unsatisfied. Otherwise, I don't see much incentive for Vancouver to play tough.  Burrows will probably clip Thomas a few times, Lapierre will pretend he wants to fight someone (beckon refs), but that will be about it.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Not sure Fletch. As you probably know, Van took A LOT of heat up here in Canada over their soft play and have bneen trying all year to erase that rep. This is really a meaningless regular season game outside of the percieved need to make a statement so I really do think Van is going to go for it as much as they can.

I could be wrong about this I admit but if it were the other way around I would want the B's to make a statement also.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Interesting article this morning on just this subject:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/01/06/murphy_bruins/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I expect the usual Canknuckelheads Burrows and LaPquierre to try n draw their usual Gionta style wack to Chara's leg when the ref isn't looking. I do expect Vancouver to come out with guns a blazin no matter how they've tried to down play this as a regular season game.

LaPquierre is the one I could see trying to get Marchand off the ice for 5 minutes and this word work into the Canknuckelheads advantage. Hopefully Brad does what he does so well calls LaPquierre "A girl" because that is what she is.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

My guess is Julien has warned the club to not get suckered into dumb penalties by the likes of Burrows and Lapierre/Louganis.  Pehaps he's even told Marchand to not use any Sedin heads as speedbags. 

We saw what happened against Gleason and the Canes earlier this season when the B's lost their cool and the Canuck PP is one of the very best in the league.  The Bruins can bring their physical element that make it difficult for Vancouver without the punchouts.  The person they have to beat most is Schneider.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

I agree with you RHO but I think you are misinterpreting my thought process here.

I do not forsee the B's losing their cool in this game or running around looking for a brawl. They will be playing their system as they have been for the last 2 and a half months. They have nothing to prove.

I see the Nucks as the ones with everything to prove and coming out losing their cool in an attempt to show they can play with the B's. They are the ones who are likely going to take the dumb penalties.

This is why the bruins are going to win today.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Typical Burrows and and LaPquierre get Lucic tossed along with an early 5 on 3 nice...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

How the heck did Lucic get 17 min? There were two players on Chara - all he did was pull off Bieksa.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Refs protecting the Canucks from the big, bad Bruins I guess.  I would love to see a Shanahan style video explaining those calls...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thewags. Show thewags's posts

HAHAHAHA what a nancy!!!! Thornton drops em, he backs off like nothing happened, ref not fooled. You gotta be kidding me. Team of rats. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Typical Burrows and and LaPquierre get Lucic tossed along with an early 5 on 3 nice...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Lucic gets the extra 2 when he grabs Bieksa who's 2 on 1 with another Bruin. Bieksa never let his gloves hit the ice during that scrum. He couldn't take the chance that 1 of the Bruins might think he was willing to fight since all 5 Bruins on the ice would've been willing. I'm sure he'll challenge Marchand or Seguin eventually though. I've never seen such a fake tough guy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thewags. Show thewags's posts

Thornton is a G. He's gunna pummel someone before the game is over.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

How embarrassing for Dale Weise.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Classic commentary from the Sportsnet crew.

"The ice is rough, in an afternoon game following a Celtics game last night. The Celtics lost, who cares, but the ice is bad."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I think both teams are going to be focused on playing good defense and scoring goals.  This isn't as much of a bad blood game as it is a "Who is the better team this year" game.  Torres is gone.  Rome is out with a broken thumb.  The rest of the team is full of skilled players or jesters.  I can't imagine the B's getting involved with the jesters while letting the skilled plays take over.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

wow the exact opposite

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Classic commentary from the Sportsnet crew. "The ice is rough, in an afternoon game following a Celtics game last night. The Celtics lost, who cares, but the ice is bad."
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

hey Red there are NESN feeds. I'de rather watch on my laptop than sportsnet

http://www.firstrow.tv/watch/100739/2/watch-vancouver-canucks-vs-boston-bruins.html

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]How embarrassing for Dale Weise.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]
    Yep. The ref saw what he did and called him for it. It was unsportsmanlike behavior. Kypreos was just calling Weise out for the wuss move on Sportsnet too.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thornton v.???? : Lucic gets the extra 2 when he grabs Bieksa who's 2 on 1 with another Bruin. Bieksa never let his gloves hit the ice during that scrum. He couldn't take the chance that 1 of the Bruins might think he was willing to fight since all 5 Bruins on the ice would've been willing. I'm sure he'll challenge Marchand or Seguin eventually though. I've never seen such a fake tough guy.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Karma Dez. Marchand goes around Bieksa like the pylon he is and scores to tie it up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from thewags. Show thewags's posts

[QUOTE]I think both teams are going to be focused on playing good defense and scoring goals.  This isn't as much of a bad blood game as it is a "Who is the better team this year" game.  Torres is gone.  Rome is out with a broken thumb.  The rest of the team is full of skilled players or jesters.  I can't imagine the B's getting involved with the jesters while letting the skilled plays take over.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Yeah if this were the case Luongo would be playing instead of voluntarily riding the bench. Clearly not about the best team this year, definitely proving to be a bloodmatch. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac221. Show mac221's posts

How is it that 5 Canucks are piled on top of Thornton and the Bruins still come out of that 2 men down?  Where is the instigator penalty on LaPierre for jumping in on that scrum especially when an linesman was already involved trying to separate Thornton and Burrows?  Total BS.