Thornton?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

Thornton?

I feel like his physicality and presence on the boards could help the B's in this series.  Maybe alternate him and Paille.  Maybe Im wrong.  Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Re: Thornton?

You'll get many here who think he is nothing more than a pylon. I agree with you that a little more of a physical presence is a good idea. Paille hasn't done much scoring wise, so why not.

I really doubt CJ will make any changes to a winning line up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

Thanks for the input.  I agree with you, I dont anticipate any changes but just feel that he would help in this series.  Oh well, I have faith either way, they keep finding ways to get it done.  I also have a feeling we are gonna start seeing Looch pop up on the score sheet this series.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

I say no. Paille is one of the best skaters on the team. He can't shoot for toffee but he's a good defensive player.

Not saying Thornton is terrible. He can do a job if asked but at the moment there are better options.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Thornton?:
    [QUOTE]You'll get many here who think he is nothing more than a pylon. I agree with you that a little more of a physical presence is a good idea. Paille hasn't done much scoring wise, so why not. I really doubt CJ will make any changes to a winning line up.
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]
    Maybe because the PK will be even more important this series than last. Paille is a big part of the PK. Remind us all of what Thornton is a big part of again........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

Yeah the PK has been solid.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thornton? : Maybe because the PK will be even more important this series than last. Paille is a big part of the PK. Remind us all of what Thornton is a big part of again........
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Thorny is one of my favorite players but I dont think he has much business seeing the ice in this or the last series. He hasn't been able to throw a hit against either MTL or TB because he's to slow to catch anyone and many people say VAN is faster than either(debatable).

Paille on the other hand threw some great hits because of his skating ability and his importance on the PK cant be overlooked at all. That 4th line of Paille-Campbell-Peverley is IMO the best 4th line in the playoffs outside of DET's Helm-Holmstrom line.

I think the only way you bring in thorny is if Paille goes down if anyone on the 3rd line or higher goes down I'd like to see Caron or (gulp) Whitfield get the nod as both have superior skating to thorny.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thornton? : Thorny is one of my favorite players but I dont think he has much business seeing the ice in this or the last series. He hasn't been able to throw a hit against either MTL or TB because he's to slow to catch anyone and many people say VAN is faster than either(debatable). Paille on the other hand threw some great hits because of his skating ability and his importance on the PK cant be overlooked at all. That 4th line of Paille-Campbell-Peverley is IMO the best 4th line in the playoffs outside of DET's Helm-Holmstrom line. I think the only way you bring in thorny is if Paille goes down if anyone on the 3rd line or higher goes down I'd like to see Caron or (gulp) Whitfield get the nod as both have superior skating to thorny.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]
    ILH, I am of the exact same mind-set. I like Thornton but prefer he stays on the sidelines for this final round.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Thorn is best where he is too, do not feel bad for him he gets to take pregame skates with the team as Seg did.

Knowing Clod he will see that he gets a shift in the SCPO's.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Thorn is best where he is too, do not feel bad for him he gets to take pregame skates with the team as Seg did. Knowing Clod he will see that he gets a shift in the SCPO's.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

I disagree Clode has been great at limiting thorny's time even when he dressed. I doubt he'd risk taking a top notch PK'er and Skater out of the lineup to put Thorny back in.

From the pressbox is where Thorny watched ANA win it and its where he'll watch Boston win it. Getting you name on the cup 2x aint bad for a goon, even if you dont dress in the SCF. No1 can say he didnt have a positive influence on the team this season (well except nas).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

If you see Thornton in the playoffs, it will be due to an injury and there is no one that wants that. Paille brings a lot more to the ice than people give him credit for. Paille is one of the best PKers on the team and might be the best forechecker.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Thorny is a great cheerleader for the Bruins. He does not skate, hit, or handle the puck very well, so let him cheer loudly from the press box.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Thorny is a great cheerleader for the Bruins. He does not skate, hit, or handle the puck very well, so let him cheer loudly from the press box.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Ding Ding Ding- we have a winner.  Almost sounds as though I wrote that. 

Discipline will win us a Stanley Cup.  Our 4th line is very responsible and does a great job.  Paille doesnt need to hit the score sheet to make his mark.  He has delievered some big hits, adds speed and kills Pims.  Thorton can't do any of the aforementioned list.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gaaucoin. Show gaaucoin's posts

Not too much a CJ fan, but look where he is today. Thorny brings a great physical presence, but like CJ, I gotta go with what got me here. It's mighty tough to get off a winning horse and try a new mount just because he's there. Do you put Rask in? Not when Thomas still has the hot hand. Why put a guy in who may add one or two hits a game to the team total? Gotta go with the larger skill set. This is no knock on Thornton, he has the heart and desire, etc. I just gotta go with the winning combo.
    I've been watching the Bruins since Teddy Greene was a rookie. This is a joy, no matter which way it goes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Paille hasn't done much scoring wise, so why not."

Clueless as to what Paille does for this team. As long as Chiarelli is GM Pie yah in the Sky yah will be part of the Bruins. You cannot replace what he does on the PK and for what he does during his 9 minutes TOI a game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

I must say I'm surprised. Thornton is ranked 4th on the Bs for regular season hits. TOI is 2nd lowest at 10:04. Only Chuck had lower average TOI.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20112BOSSASAll&sort=hits&viewName=rtssPlayerStats

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thornton? : Ding Ding Ding- we have a winner.  Almost sounds as though I wrote that.  Discipline will win us a Stanley Cup.  Our 4th line is very responsible and does a great job.  Paille doesnt need to hit the score sheet to make his mark.  He has delievered some big hits, adds speed and kills Pims.  Thorton can't do any of the aforementioned list.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

2 ding dongs do not make a winner ! Thornton is required to balance out Torres !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thornton? : 2 ding dongs do not make a winner ! Thornton is required to balance out Torres !
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]
    Why is that? I think Horton,Lucic,Chara,McQuaid........heck even Boychuck can handle Torres just fine. Believe me, the threat of Shawn Thornton will mean nothing to Torres.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FanfromGWN. Show FanfromGWN's posts

I'd leave him out of game 1 and see how it goes - I don't think Thorton is as slow as many have noted and I have watched him many times retrieve the puck cleanly in his own end and move it up ice and a timely hit on someone like Bieksa might do them some good.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thornton? : 2 ding dongs do not make a winner ! Thornton is required to balance out Torres !
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]

Balance.  get a clue.  Thorton hasnt fought once in the playoffs.  He did nothing when Carcillo was face washing Savy after his return last year.
    Van hopes Thorton gets in.  Torres is not scared of Thorton.  If he ran Seabrook twice with Scott in the lineup you think Thorton scares him?

Torres made it to the league with one style.  He isnt changing his style.  He is a hard hitting fwd.  He plays on the edge sometimes.  Similar to guys we have. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Vancouver has a better PP than TB, so like game #7 the Bruins need to stay out of the penalty box. That means that Thorton sits.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Thornton is really good at:  Fighting

Number of fights in the upcoming games that can't be handled by Campbell:  0

Need for Thornton in the upcoming games:  Nil.

Leave the skating clown/cheerleader/Tony Robbins act-alike in the press box.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I must say I'm surprised. Thornton is ranked 4th on the Bs for regular season hits. TOI is 2nd lowest at 10:04. Only Chuck had lower average TOI. http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20112BOSSASAll&sort=hits&viewName=rtssPlayerStats
    Posted by Kurako[/QUOTE]

If any other player spent his time running out, and taking himself out of the play in order to throw a weak check, they'd be at the top also.

Have you ever seen Thornton throw a big check?  Not a check, but a Boychuk bone rattler? 

HE'S USELESS.  He should play in Providence next season. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thornton? : If any other player spent his time running out, and taking himself out of the play in order to throw a weak check, they'd be at the top also. Have you ever seen Thornton throw a big check?  Not a check, but a Boychuk bone rattler?  HE'S USELESS.  He should play in Providence next season. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

LOL! No not really. That's why I said I was surprised he had so many hits. Mind you, I've also seen Boychuk miss those bone rattlers and get stuck in the middle of nowhere.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thornton? : Balance.  get a clue.  Thorton hasnt fought once in the playoffs.  He did nothing when Carcillo was face washing Savy after his return last year. Van hopes Thorton gets in.  Torres is not scared of Thorton.  If he ran Seabrook twice with Scott in the lineup you think Thorton scares him? Torres made it to the league with one style.  He isnt changing his style.  He is a hard hitting fwd.  He plays on the edge sometimes.  Similar to guys we have. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Our 4th line isn't as effective without Thornton. Campbell and Paille/Peverley would play much bigger with Thornton by their side.  And besides, with Thornton in the lineup maybe,just maybe, the Bruins don't get out hit by a faster Vancouver team!