Thornton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlankStares. Show BlankStares's posts

Thornton

Is he still hurt? Seems he is a bit off. 4th line tending to play in there own zone lately. Will we see McDerid soon?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Thornton

I heard the trainers found a brain fragment lodged in his skull somewhere, he's going to wait for the off season to have it removed.  No one has any idea of how it got there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Badhab, I heard the same thing.

I think it got there when the team went out for dinner, about 3-4 weeks ago. They say he eat a whole fish - that might explain it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Shawn is a great person, great in the Dressing room, a very good engery guy and protected  his team mates to the best of his ability. But since his fight with Scott of the Sabres and his concussion he or his 4th line has not been the same.  He will try to go out and help his team with a big hit but he is not his churpy self and not dropping the gloves like he used to.

Because Shawn has not been his tougher self, he was scatched for the Bolts game and Jay Pandopho replaced him.

I don't think Shawn is quite done yet but he better get some of that toughness back because the Bruins need it or he will be replaced. The Bruins have played tougher lately as Adam Macquade has taken over as tough guy. Shawn wake up or retire.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to brunod's comment:

Shawn is a great person, great in the Dressing room, a very good engery guy and protected  his team mates to the best of his ability. But since his fight with Scott of the Sabres and his concussion he or his 4th line has not been the same.  He will try to go out and help his team with a big hit but he is not his churpy self and not dropping the gloves like he used to.

Because Shawn has not been his tougher self, he was scatched for the Bolts game and Jay Pandopho replaced him.

I don't think Shawn is quite done yet but he better get some of that toughness back because the Bruins need it or he will be replaced. The Bruins have played tougher lately as Adam Macquade has taken over as tough guy. Shawn wake up or retire.

Pandopho?

Macquade?

Really?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to BlankStares' comment:

Is he still hurt? Seems he is a bit off. 4th line tending to play in there own zone lately. Will we see McDerid soon?

Maybe Pandolfo should get a crack at riding RW tonight agst. Les Habs. Thornton needs a rest in the booth. Talking about the Habs, picking up Prust was one their best acquistion in the off season. That was the type of player the bruins needed for third line, I am personally disappointed Prust is not in a Bruins jersey. PC had an opportunity but ce la vie.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Right on BobO'. Time for Peter to address the bruins limitations. Pandolfo did play very well last night , particularly on the penalty kill, which is one of the skills lacking in Thorny. Replace Bourque, who, even with his one skill of speed, is not a good checking forward. Time to bring along Krug, or trade for one of Nashville's young D-men. Seids and Ference are smart, but fading as noticed last night once again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Right on BobO'. Time for Peter to address the bruins limitations. Pandolfo did play very well last night , particularly on the penalty kill, which is one of the skills lacking in Thorny. Replace Bourque, who, even with his one skill of speed, is not a good checking forward. Time to bring along Krug, or trade for one of Nashville's young D-men. Seids and Ference are smart, but fading as noticed last night once again.

Their biggest limitation right now is that fact that their motivation may be a bit down.  There is no one left to chase in the standings.  That's what happens when you're the top team in the conference!

C'mon Bogie.  You've always been one of my favorites here and often the voice of reason, but this is nuts. 

Seidenberg got burned on ONE play.  It happens.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I believe that Scott not only knocked Thornton out of the game, but knocked him right out of hockey.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Would be tough for anyone to get back into it after you've been KO'd and concussed by it. Hopefully he'll bounce back.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If Julien stays to his plan that he wants someone out on the 4th line that can go after players who run around taking cheap shots at Bruins then he should dress MacDermid. Yesterday I wanted MacDermid dressed because of watching Aulie and P00 P00 run around all game.

Why have MacDermid up if you are not going to play him ...

While Thornton is still recovering or trying to get out of his funk.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Pandopho?

Macquade?

Really?

Just read the post and agre or disagre. You fustrated englich teachrs are anoing. Reading this post must have you reching for your zanax.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

No fights since the Scott bout, McDermid comes up and gets in a few scraps,Thornton returns, I think too early, now yesterday he is a healthy scratch and the B's have two fights. Something tells me the next time Shawn Thornton dresses he will be looking for soemone to go with. I'd say count on it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Not sure about trading neither one of d men mention above, but maybe resting one them at time. Johnson or Krug will be OK now, cause March will be a long stretch of games for the Bruins. Players will need to rest. This month we have 3 gms. with the Leafs and 2 with Habs. This month will be the limitaion test, battle for the east div. will start.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I am such an old school - Don Cherry - from the "Specimens with proto-Neanderthal traits" type. I want an enforcer playing a regular shift. I want a Shawn Thorton type player out there, preferably the 3rd line, but 4th will do. If he gets 5 to 10 goals a year, I am happy as pig in manure. I do not know if ST is done for this year or his career, but if he can't do the job anymore, find someone else. 

I do not like staged fights. They are a waste of time, and in the end do not do anything for either team. They are rarely, if ever, entertaining cause that is what most are for. For the occasional time that they do "motivate"  a team, I can probably show you 10 times they don't. But I don't want Lucic, or Chara, or McQuaid fighting if there is a need to put an agitator back in line. Fights are going to happen, and until they outlaw them you might as well have the best player/ fighter type you can find, and I think ST does it as well as anyone. Give me Chris Neil and I'd be even happier.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

No fights since the Scott bout, McDermid comes up and gets in a few scraps,Thornton returns, I think too early, now yesterday he is a healthy scratch and the B's have two fights. Something tells me the next time Shawn Thornton dresses he will be looking for soemone to go with. I'd say count on it.

That was my thoughts too. I think perhaps TB was feeling a little emboldened perhaps with ST out of the lineup. Didn't matter much in the end. Hate to be Prust tonight as ST will be gunning for him to prove his worth...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

Pandopho?

Macquade?

Really?

Just read the post and agre or disagre. You fustrated englich teachrs are anoing. Reading this post must have you reching for your zanax.

Thanks for the rules update.  I think I can take it from here.

Hoping Charro, Sequin and Kreychi have strong games tonight against the Habs.  Any word if Bork is in or out?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Hoping Charro, Sequin and Kreychi have strong games tonight against the Habs.  Any work if Bork is in or out?

Flooto thinks so. Jooleyen hasn't said anything yet.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

I am such an old school - Don Cherry - from the "Specimens with proto-Neanderthal traits" type. I want an enforcer playing a regular shift. I want a Shawn Thorton type player out there, preferably the 3rd line, but 4th will do. If he gets 5 to 10 goals a year, I am happy as pig in manure. I do not know if ST is done for this year or his career, but if he can't do the job anymore, find someone else. 

I do not like staged fights. They are a waste of time, and in the end do not do anything for either team. They are rarely, if ever, entertaining cause that is what most are for. For the occasional time that they do "motivate"  a team, I can probably show you 10 times they don't. But I don't want Lucic, or Chara, or McQuaid fighting if there is a need to put an agitator back in line. Fights are going to happen, and until they outlaw them you might as well have the best player/ fighter type you can find, and I think ST does it as well as anyone. Give me Chris Neil and I'd be even happier.  

Enforcers don't exist anymore.  No one is afraid of anyone. 

You either have hockey players that will fight, or you have skating clowns.

A skating clown wont engage a hockey player unless the hockey player agrees.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Maybe Thornton's next fight looks like this.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nhl/articles/msn/not_a_single_punch_thrown_in_worst_hockey_fight_ive_ever_seen_from_a_goon_league/13033528

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

lol.......wow, that was....um, riveting? Can fans sue for waste of their time?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Pitiful.  At the end, one clown complains to the other.  Dude, he was right there.  Why didn't you grab him?  LANH is also known as the SCHL (Skating Clown Hockey League).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm hankering for a one game spelling bee involving Brunod and Tuuka-Fall.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

NAS, I'm not advocating trading Seidenberg yet, because his experience is needed to help Hamilton grow. However, Both he and Ference [ moreso] are starting to show the wear and tear that eventually comes, and it's time to have a younger, faster replacement close by with all of the upcoming games. According to the writeups on Providence Krug appears to be better than Bartkowski and the rest. However, Krug doesn't have the size that would be preferred. As long as Claude replaces Bourque and Thornton first, then a defensive replacement could be groomed. In fact, if Claude doesn't have any confidence in Johnson, then  Krug should be filling the 7th D slot and spelling Ference, Seidenberg, McQ and Hamilton as these games pile up. Until Bourque and Thornton are replaced the burden remains on our existing D-men

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

Pandopho?

Macquade?

Really?

Thanks for the rules update.  I think I can take it from here.

Hoping Charro, Sequin and Kreychi have strong games tonight against the Habs.  Any word if Bork is in or out?

Good one COWLS2424

Best Regards

Zambonehead24