Thornton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZefBruin. Show ZefBruin's posts

Thornton

Shawn Thornton who? Almost sad to say (haha) but Stanley and NAS were right. The Bruins don't miss him at all. At this point, neither do I. Let's go with the youth and the skill. The current depth has proven to be amazing so far. Go Bruins!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Thornton

yup. when kelly comes back toss him down to make the best fourth line in the NHL. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Thornton has been useless for years.  The fourth line winger isn't going to change everything on a season, but I'd much rather have Providence players gets some NHL experience than a useless Skating Clown hang out with the backup goalie for all but four minutes of a game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from suffolkowner. Show suffolkowner's posts

I've always liked Thornton but his time has come and gone. I hope Julien sees this as well. Once Eriksson and Kelly are back he is a 13th FWD maybe not even that

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I'm on the fence.  I see a fighter as the teams sacrificial lamb where he can take 5 or 10 min. of fighting penalties and it wont hurt the team.  Without him our three toughest guys are Chara, Lucic and McQuaid.  Do you want them in the box?  No because we need those guys on the ice.  So then who steps up when the Bs get pushed around?  Campbell? 

I am not pro fighting in the NHL but as it is you need someonelike Thornton.  We won a cup with him in the line up so he can't be that bad.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm on the fence.  I see a fighter as the teams sacrificial lamb where he can take 5 or 10 min. of fighting penalties and it wont hurt the team.  Without him our three toughest guys are Chara, Lucic and McQuaid.  Do you want them in the box?  No because we need those guys on the ice.  So then who steps up when the Bs get pushed around?  Campbell? 

I am not pro fighting in the NHL but as it is you need someonelike Thornton.  We won a cup with him in the line up so he can't be that bad.

[/QUOTE]

Thornton was in and out of the lineup.  Recall that he was scratched.

Yes, I do want those guys you mentioned in the box.  If they aren't fighting, they aren't feared.  Thornton has been an empty jersey since Marchand got promoted off the fourth line.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to ZefBruin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Almost sad to say (haha) but Stanley and NAS were right.

[/QUOTE]

Two of a kind hockey geniuses.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from suffolkowner. Show suffolkowner's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mattbs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thornton was in and out of the lineup.  Recall that he was scratched.

Yes, I do want those guys you mentioned in the box.  If they aren't fighting, they aren't feared.  Thornton has been an empty jersey since Marchand got promoted off the fourth line.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed NAS.

Thornton only fights other goons last year and this he is just not into it. I'd rather have another player like Ference who always the first to stick up for a teammate. Thornton can't do that cause he's not on the ice. And than theres some goon code BS.

As for fighters Lucic, McQuaid, Chara, Iginla add in Campbell and Boychuk.

Still lots of heavy artillery there. They don't have to fight other goons just stick up for each other and there teammates. Pack mentality gotta love it

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Don't you have some little kids to watch?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZefBruin. Show ZefBruin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just having a little fun. But I do have kids to watch and I love the Bruins. Is that not enough, oh legend of sarcastic posts and replies?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just having a little fun. But I do have kids to watch and I love the Bruins. Is that not enough, oh legend of sarcastic posts and replies?

[/QUOTE]

He meant crapsniper.  Not you.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

As long as someone else is willing to protect our better players from being abused, Thorton can go.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

What is up with Chowda lately?

Used to bring some good stuff to the table. Now he's like Al Pacino at Thanksgiving dinner in Scent Of A Woman.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Seems to me, the Bruins were rolling along pretty good with Thornton "IN" the lineup too. The Bruins braintrust, as well as his teamates seem to want him there, despite the constant howling of a few here.

I trust their judgement  on that one.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from suffolkowner. Show suffolkowner's posts

the hockey news just had an article that showed that teams had better records without their goons computer not working well enough to call it up

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seems to me, the Bruins were rolling along pretty good with Thornton "IN" the lineup too. The Bruins braintrust, as well as his teamates seem to want him there, despite the constant howling of a few here.

I trust their judgement  on that one.

[/QUOTE]

Agree steve.  For all the railing against Thornton, you hear crickets about the role that CJ & PC play.

Thornton is what he is, always has been a 4th-line enforcer.  CJ  knows this and puts him in the line-up.  PC knows this and signed him as a UFA and re-signed him twice.  If you don't like him playing, isn't that where the criticism belongs?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Used to bring some good stuff to the table. Now he's like Al Pacino at Thanksgiving dinner in Scent Of A Woman.

[/QUOTE]

Its the new crapsniper pauly.  You are on a list of regulars he might have on his list.  Be careful bc hes waiting in the bushes to tell it how it is.  With no opinion.  Just the way it is.  And we better get used to it.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Its the new crapsniper pauly.  You are on a list of regulars he might have on his list.  Be careful bc hes waiting in the bushes to tell it how it is.  With no opinion.  Just the way it is.  And we better get used to it.  

[/QUOTE]

Thats a nice nickname. Pauly will be in here tonight attacking NAS. Two years of anger feuled revenge come out on Saturday nights.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to suffolkowner's comment:
    [QUOTE]

the hockey news just had an article that showed that teams had better records without their goons computer not working well enough to call it up

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call Thorton a goon....he is actually a functioning 4th line winger with some skills and most people in the game have acknowledged him to be best 4th line tough guy in the league... He wouldn't have lasted in this league for so long if he was just a goon.... Bruins don't operate that way....he can actually contribute more than just his fists....

Bruins management and players love the guy and value his role on the team....Good enough for me...In Chiarelli I trust....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Don't matter what we all think of him he will be back on the 4th line in a few more games.learn to live with it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

Let S. Thorton finish out his contract and then he's done..........he was a good soldier for years...........you need this type of players on every team..............

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't matter what we all think of him he will be back on the 4th line in a few more games.learn to live with it.

[/QUOTE]

i don't really have a huge problem with that. My question is what happens when/if this team is healthy?

When Eriksson and Kelly come back who are you going to sit down? I think fraser is a given, but are you going to bump down Spooner to providence? I think this team will be at it's best with the top 6 as is, and a third line of soderberg - spooner - eriksson. kelly paille and campbell could be a beast of a fourth line. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from suffolkowner. Show suffolkowner's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i don't really have a huge problem with that. My question is what happens when/if this team is healthy?

When Eriksson and Kelly come back who are you going to sit down? I think fraser is a given, but are you going to bump down Spooner to providence? I think this team will be at it's best with the top 6 as is, and a third line of soderberg - spooner - eriksson. kelly paille and campbell could be a beast of a fourth line. 

[/QUOTE]

I think Thornton sits when everyone's healthy. We'll see what Julien thinks. Spooner might have another 10 games to impress

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

a trade  of curent roster player for draft picks would solve solve the problem.......Spooner has shown he belongs.....they have to make room for him......

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to bobruins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

a trade  of curent roster player for draft picks would solve solve the problem.......Spooner has shown he belongs.....they have to make room for him......

[/QUOTE]

i disagree with this notion. I don't think teams that are in the contending group (right now I would put St louis, Boston, Chicago, and LA in that top group) should be trading away roster players unless it is to upgrade, or get out of cap trouble. Injuries happen. It would be horrible if the bruins traded kelly only to see spooner get hurt a couple of weeks later.