Thorton and NAS ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Thorton and NAS ?

Similarities between the 2 , makes you think uhmmmm , brothers ?

What next ?  SanDog vs Kirk Luedeke ?

Thornton: "Too many shots, but we scored 6 goals. You guys have been whining about that for last little bit. Why don’t we focus on positives?"

NAS last night on gae thread:

They won 6-2 and you're complaining !

Come on BSL.  Why so negative?
    They've been awful lately.  They're playing great.  Let's enjoy it!

Here's your comment, rephrased without the dark cloud:

Rask is making some incredible saves!

p.s. Now I'm going to get beatup, spelling mistake in Thornton's name.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Thorton and NAS ?

Many people were complaining.  They freakin' won 6-2.

There isn't a "Style" column in the standings.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Being out shot at a certain point 11-2 makes it so that there's lots to complain about. If Rask wasn't a superstar in the 1st 10 minutes of the game the score could've been easily reversed. The score doesn't tell the whole story NAS. The B's for the most part didn't play that well. Shoddy goaltending & pisspoor defense by the Hurricanes is the reflection of the score, not because the B's were dominate. The B's will go no where playing like this. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It appears that whether the line changes worked, or not, some of the players raised their awareness and worked hard, and some didn't. Caron showed that he should be playing, still made some mistakes, but he tried hard and needs to play to learn. Chara was awakened as he "glided" back into the defensive zone , and a red/white cannonball whizzed by him to retrieve the puck; more players need to wake up. Jagr has no idea what Claude wants or how to play defense, except his long stick plus solid puck control are helpful. Seguin is wondering where offense vs. defense mesh, but Kelly should help.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Being out shot at a certain point 11-2 makes it so that there's lots to complain about. If Rask wasn't a superstar in the 1st 10 minutes of the game the score could've been easily reversed. The score doesn't tell the whole story NAS. The B's for the most part didn't play that well. Shoddy goaltending & pisspoor defense by the Hurricanes is the reflection of the score, not because the B's were dominate. The B's will go no where playing like this. 

Nite, over the course of a season, you hope for wins first, perfect games second.

I'd rather they win 6-2 while giving up some shots, than lose 2-1 while playing sound defense. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

It's troublesome when the B's can't have a shutdown game against the Hurricanes.  It makes you wonder if they are making any progress at all in their defensive game, because if they play like that against Montreal or Pitt they'll pay dearly.  Luckily Carolina can't throw a brick in the ocean at this point.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Well i thank god that at least the goaltending has been consistent, otherwise we might not see those 6-2 wins.

The truth is they need to clean up a bit in there own end.

I love a fast pace up and down wide open game where the shots are 40 to 40, but omg its gonna kill me lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

It's troublesome when the B's can't have a shutdown game against the Hurricanes.  It makes you wonder if they are making any progress at all in their defensive game, because if they play like that against Montreal or Pitt they'll pay dearly.  Luckily Carolina can't throw a brick in the ocean at this point.

Hang,  I started this thread to have a little fun on NAS's expense , maybe with SanDog also and you guys all come in with the serious talk.  Now I'm disappointed !

As for troublesome .... Canes have a very good offensive team upfront,  E Staal , J Staal, Ruutu,  Skinner even Tlasty and Tim Brent that I like.  They will get a lot of scoring chances.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Sorry BsL should have known better!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Bsl is the best pot stirrer ever.   Next no soup for you.  

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

As for troublesome .... Canes have a very good offensive team upfront,  E Staal , J Staal, Ruutu,  Skinner even Tlasty and Tim Brent that I like.  They will get a lot of scoring chances.

His career high 12 goals last year really makes him quite a threat.

The legend of Tim Brent continues to grow!

It's also a fact that he invented the internet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

LOL...  I didn't say he was amazing.  I just liked him one year in Chicago before he got hurt.

Reminds me a bit of Paille.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If i can find a tim brent jersey i want one.  If he ever played for the bruins good lord the comedy.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Bsl is the best pot stirrer ever.   Next no soup for you.  

DURRRRRR

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Nite, over the course of a season, you hope for wins first, perfect games second.

I'd rather they win 6-2 while giving up some shots, than lose 2-1 while playing sound defense. 

Decent response. I can live with that. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The hilarity of NAS actually being Shawn Thornton just kinda clicked for me.  Sitting there on the bench when he's playing 6:32 with his iPhone just below the boards typing in "Skating Clown nowhere to be seen tonight...best game ever!"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Agreed, that does have quite a bit of humor.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Very nice find BSL, we will have to match up the posts on here to his time on the bench..

if we dig deep enough, you never know.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Smoking Gun!

This post from NAS shortly after the Thornton v Scott fight!

"uuuhhh my momma dun tol' me...tuh bring home sumthin fer din-ner!"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If you'll excuse me, I'd love to reply, but I'm working on my bouncing.

Thank you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Finally ! thanks Books and Kel

NAS seriously...  bouncing ? come one you can do better than that.

SanDog how's about you paste a nice pic

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Pointless discussion being had by good posters.  I always liked NAS referencing of Thornton waving his stick around while playing.  It was about three years ago, ever since then I have noticed his proclivity.  NAS is like that when he responds in a thread, throwing his stick around as if it an effective defensive strategy.  NAS also chooses his fights like Thornton.  The NAS/Chowda fight was never like a Thornton fight though, neither could stop punching.  Hehe. Outside of those references, NOT A SHOT for comparison.  "Shut your mouth and start this minute"!  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, isla, this is pointless, but NAS takes the point of it pretty well.