Thorton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Thorton

Why is he playing.  He serves no value in this game.  Montreal has 4 fast lines and we have Thorton wanting to fight everyone.  I think they need to spot start him.  Its a disadvantage having him in the lineup tonight.  Paille/Campy/Seguin

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Re: Thorton

In Response to Thorton:
    [QUOTE]Why is he playing.  He serves no value in this game.  Montreal has 4 fast lines and we have Thorton wanting to fight everyone.  I think they need to spot start him.  Its a disadvantage having him in the lineup tonight.  Paille/Campy/Seguin
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

the reason i can think shup was because Montreal had ryan white who they called up a week ago. other then that he is hurting the bruins in a fast game like tonite and paille is without a doubt a better fit but he wouldn't have been the difference in that abortion of a a game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

dont know nothing, yep thet sher ish me.

Thorn is a bum, he may have heart and desire, but a bum is a bum is a bum.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Thornton has 8 goals, plays well on the boards, gives 100% effort every time he's out there, and lays solid clean checks on opposing players. Sounds like a typical 4th line energy guy to me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Thorton:
    [QUOTE]Thornton has 8 goals, plays well on the boards, gives 100% effort every time he's out there, and lays solid clean checks on opposing players. Sounds like a typical 4th line energy guy to me.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]
    I didn't see him make any hits last night.He's too slow to get in on the forecheck.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

thornton missed his opportunity to be a factor in the game when there was zero response to boychuk getting jumped by white. not just him, but anyone could have stepped up and changed the tone- but they did not. no emotion-no win

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Thornton looked like Clod had the reigns on him. So did the rest. Clod more than likely had the "Don't take bad penalty's" mentality put in place.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

where do you see " solid on the boards "? All I see is an inability to handle and control the puck; a propensity for looping the puck to the other team for either icing or just plain give away. Thornton is a good guy, a good teammate, but not a good or productive hockey player. White picked Boychck to fight, and Boychuck is not a very good fighter, but McQuaid, Lucic, Horton, Chara, Campbell, Ference are all more than decent, and as looch stated, " we can all take care of ourselves, and each other". I'm sure that Marchand would give a good accounting, and isn't it interesting that no one, on any other team, wants to push Bergeron too hard??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thorton : I didn't see him make any hits last night.He's too slow to get in on the forecheck.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Agree, I didn't see him make any hits either but he does get in on the forecheck, albeit a little late (but legal) and delivers solid hits on d-men trying to make a break-out. Those checks do contribute to turnovers as d-men make bad decisions when pressed. He plays a solid 4th line game and serves his purpose.

I could live without him but he does have a role on this team. With all the PKers you have on the Bruins, I just don't see what role Paille plays other than having more speed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

And by me saying solid on the boards, I'm comparing to Seguin and Paille who are poor, I'll say serviceable because he does keep the puck on the boards and kills time for the other teams to rest. People it's a 4th line we're arguing about.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

nrguy,

I wasnt trying to bash Thorton.  But Campy is a very serviceable player.  When you can dress a guy that has more to his game(especially against a team with no fighter) you have to get an advantage.  Yes its the 4th line but I would rather someone who has some speed/skill in a game like this.  We have enough hard nosed types. 
    Speed and Skill.  Montreal dominated us and Martin is a great coach.  Perfect game plan against us. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Completely agree Shup, just believe he brings more to the table than Paille and is needed if the other team goons it up.

Against Detroit or the Canucks, sure, sit him. Against the Habs that just brought up White to be a thug or other teams with thugs or dirty players (most of the Eastern Conference has one) I think he should start over Paille.

Most think I'm wrong, but that's ok. I like his heart and hard clean checks (they happen, I'm not seeing things). He brings energy to the team. Paille deflates in IMO. My frustration is seeing a skill guy like Seguin on a line with Thornton.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

he is a well liked guy and seems to be a very good teammate.  There are no fights in the playoffs.  If we play Philly,Pitt or the Rangers or someone like that I have no issue with him playing.  But Carolina/Tampa/Wash/Montreal/Buff really have no one.  Just b/c Montreal brings in one guy shouldnt change our game.  One guy that fought one of Dmen.  We have enough guys that can handle one guy. 
    I do think Thorton is one of the better playing enforcers or skating clowns as NAS would say.  But I think they need to use him properly in the playoffs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]And by me saying solid on the boards, I'm comparing to Seguin and Paille who are poor, I'll say serviceable because he does keep the puck on the boards and kills time for the other teams to rest. People it's a 4th line we're arguing about.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]
    It's ironic that Seguin was one of the few to make a hit that created a turnover/scoring opportunity.I agree Seguin's skill-set isn't well served on the 4th line.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Energy is lost when you spend most of your energy time in your own zone and that is where it usually ends up going after Thorn loses it.  They did have a couple of decent shift last night and had Thorn any talent he might have scored.  He has mailed in his hitting, watch him closely he does his skate by more often than not, and last night he never had 1 hit.

His goals were scored in 1st half, the reals season is tougher as you go when the games mean more and more. In the last 33 games he has 1G and 6 fighting majors, which is goon, who can`t score and does not want to fight, so what is the point.

He has heart and seems to be a true Bruin black and gold bleeder, I just wish he had talent because his heart just is not enough.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

thornton is their fighter??isnt he? he should have been waiting for white when he got out of the box...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]thornton missed his opportunity to be a factor in the game when there was zero response to boychuk getting jumped by white. not just him, but anyone could have stepped up and changed the tone- but they did not. no emotion-no win
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I see no problem spot starting thornton at all. After last night id go with Peverley-Seguin-Ryder, Soupy-Kelly-Paille for 3rd and 4th lines.

Only start Thornton against teams with goons.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Not impressed by Thornton last night at all. The B's really miss Ference, someone who will die for the team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Not impressed by Thornton last night at all. The B's really miss Ference, someone who will die for the team.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Or will die trying to throw them under the bus. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thorton : Or will die trying to throw them under the bus. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Don't do it Shupe! I'm fighting the urge to drop the gloves with you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]Not impressed by Thornton last night at all. The B's really miss Ference, someone who will die for the team.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

No one was impressive last nite.  Thornton is a 4th liner.  Rarely is he going to win a game....and it's rare that he'll lose one.
    If we were to pick 10 logical reasons why the B's lost, Thortons name would not come up in any of them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

I think we're getting a little cavalier with our level of toughness....

We lose a couple of tough players and opponents add one or two ( ie; Habs add White a/o Bonneau ) and it totally changes the landscape...Thorts has been key in a lot of games where emotion and truculence put us over the top... may have still been on the mend last nite from the elbow/fight w/ Rupp Saturday.

He can and should play in the playoffs....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Thorts has been key in a lot of games where emotion and truculence put us over the top...
    Posted by Griswal65[/QUOTE]

Name a few.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Thornton looked like Clod had the reigns on him. So did the rest. Clod more than likely had the "Don't take bad penalty's" mentality put in place.
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]

Yet Montreal still had 2 PP goals. Go figure...