Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book

Yes.  It is my twist. 

I think there is a very small difference between people who are anti-gay and those who are anti gay-marriage.  I think people who have convinced themselves that there is a difference are twisting too.

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : I'm the one who is commenting on an actual quote & ur telling me to be real? I'm not the one who's adding their own twist to the story here bub! There is a HUGE difference between the two. 
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

Amen.  Maybe he should read his contract as diligently as he reads his bible.

[QUOTE]One of the better tweets in response to TT's Chick-Fil-A support: "So Tim Thomas supports a traditional interpretation of marriage but not a traditional interpretation of contracts."
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Does anyone really care what TT thinks?
    Is anyone really surprised of his views? 

Can't wait for the season to start so people can talk about real Bruins subjects, not this garbage.

My view on gay marriage is the same as it is on any other political issue - don't care, leave me alone, you may have a point and I may agree with you but no I don't like marching, protesting, or petitions, good luck.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]One of the better tweets in response to TT's Chick-Fil-A support: "So Tim Thomas supports a traditional interpretation of marriage but not a traditional interpretation of contracts."

brilliant.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]What I don't understand is how a book that the Romans edited, changed and rewrote in places during the 4th century at the counsel of Nicea, still has so much influence today.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

this.

Especially when it's regularly referred to as the best book ever written on the subject of morality... so good that it could only be written by an omniscient, omnipotent deity. 

All it takes is a few glances though leviticus, deuteronomy, and genesis to notice that the majority of self proclaimed theists must not actually read these books in their entirety. Not only are they so shockingly ordinary that they could have easily been written by men to which a wheel-barrow was an example of cutting-edge technology, but many of their claims are blatantly immoral:
    • Endorses slavery
    • Allows genocide
    • Mandates the killing of children for "crimes" such as back-talk
    • Mandates the public execution of women who lose their virginity before marriage
    I could go on and on, but basically, modernity has made most of these passages untenable... you simply can't endorse any of these positions publicly, yet they are mandated by Jesus and the Christian God explicity.

So we have secular pressure to thank for women's rights, for the abolishment of slavery, for the germ theory of disease, the weather reports, modern biological therapies etc.

Pretty much everything we've made progress on as a society has been done by ignoring religious doctrine... yet these Tim Thomas folks are so fearful about what could happen after death (eyewitness reports are unfortunately hard to come-by) and so convinced that the apocalyptic prophecies of the bible are going to come true, that they want you to organize your life around these prophecies and ignore that they are sandwiched by mountains of illogical, nonsensical gibberish.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Was my favorite player outside of the Leafs.

Now........it's wow, just wow.......

It's going to be a bit weird watching the Bruins without him playing in the net.  Always played great against the Leafs.....not to mention pretty much against every other team.

Makes you wonder why all this is coming out now......

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosbruins2011cup. Show bosbruins2011cup's posts

Its safe to say tim thomas doesn't have this song on his Ipod

http://youtu.be/4BaKOluofCA

Old fans of beavis and butthead enjoy the laugh

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Most of the opinions I've read seem to think TT wants attention. I disagree... I think he wants to draw attention to topics to broaden the debate on them (politics with his White House snub, now religion etc.) I think he has clearly been successful since the 24 hour media has lit up everytime he chimes in. And I don't think it is a bad thing to discuss... diversity makes our world a better place (even though this topic wasn't the hockey news I prefer to read about, it was worth my time hearing what you all have to say.)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from grizzlybear69. Show grizzlybear69's posts

Ihave a dream...Timmie the good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book:[QUOTE] I think he wants to draw attention to topics to broaden the debate on them  I don't think it is a bad thing to discuss... diversity makes our world a better place Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Whether you agree with Thomas's politics or not he doesn't broaden the debate with statements like "I stand by the CEO" or "Spending is out of control so I'm not going to the WH". His statements say he is not diverse nor does he try to debate with conjecture, he simply makes statements then moves on.

His comments did nothing to create diversity nor make the world a better place. The only other statement he made is he doesn't want to fulfil a contract he signed that shows he has no integrity as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Nice one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]Whether you agree with Thomas's politics or not he doesn't broaden the debate with statements like "I stand by the CEO" or "Spending is out of control so I'm not going to the WH". Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Please go back and re-read my post: I said that I thought his goal was to draw attention to a topic, not to himself. I didn't say he added anything to the debate. But he clearly got a conversation started... this thread alone is already 6 pages!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : Nice picture of NAS hole at his Bible class. The Refs and B's have one thing in common (answer hint: who is Gregorys Daddy) In NBC/Bettman We Trust JT and the Sunshine Band"
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Still posting the same crap eh.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book:[QUOTE]Please go back and re-read my post: I said that I thought his goal was to draw attention to a topic, not to himself. I didn't say he added anything to the debate. Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

To my original point some celebrities should stay away from social media as they put their foot in their mouths while adding nothing but "I support this action". Which is just an attention getter that adds zilch to the discussion at the same time. Plain and simple just like agreeing to a contract then fulfilling it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Please go back and re-read my post: I said that I thought his goal was to draw attention to a topic, not to himself. I didn't say he added anything to the debate. But he clearly got a conversation started... this thread alone is already 6 pages!
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Really?  

Are you trying to tell me that gay marriage needs an NHL goalie to draw attention?  

Seriously?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Yes.  It is my twist.  I think there is a very small difference between people who are anti-gay and those who are anti gay-marriage.  I think people who have convinced themselves that there is a difference are twisting too. In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book :
    Posted by schlich[/QUOTE]
    Yes it is your twist which adds ammunition to an empty gun! This is how the problems start is people like you who exagerate what is actually being said & then you get the people who already have a negative vibe about the individual who jump on the band wagon of the person who is adding their twist! It's people like YOU that create the problem! You must work for a tabloid do you? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : this. Especially when it's regularly referred to as the  best  book ever written on the subject of morality... so good that it could only be written by an omniscient, omnipotent deity.  All it takes a few glances though leviticus, deuteronomy, and genesis to notice that the majority of self proclaimed theists must not actually read these books in their entirety. Not only are they so shockingly ordinary that they could have easily been written by men to which a wheel-barrow was an example of cutting-edge technology, but many of their claims are blatantly immoral: Endorses slavery Allows genocide Mandates the killing of children for "crimes" such as back-talk Mandates the public execution of women who lose their virginity before marriage I could go on and on, but basically, modernity has made most of these passages untenable... you simply can't endorse any of these positions publicly, yet they are mandated by Jesus and the Christian God explicity . So we have secular pressure to thank for women's rights, for the abolishment of slavery, for the germ theory of disease, the weather reports, modern biological therapies etc. Pretty much everything we've made progress on as a society has been done by ignoring religious doctrine... yet these Tim Thomas folks are so fearful about what could happen after death (eyewitness reports are unfortunately hard to come-by) and so convinced that the apocalyptic prophecies of the bible are going to come true, that they want you to organize your life around these prophecies and ignore that they are sandwiched by mountains of illogical, nonsensical gibberish.
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

How tolerant of you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Time to go,Timmy.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

PS-- until he is willing to face some questions about this Facebook nonsense, the man is not just a fool, but a coward,too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]PS-- until he is willing to face some questions about this Facebook nonsense, the man is not just a fool, but a coward,too.
    Posted by Ergoetal[/QUOTE]

Why is he a coward?  He said what he wanted to say.  He didn't leave anything up for guesses. 

What sort of questions would people ask about this?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Wow, this thread has legs.  I guess I'll chime in my 2 cents too.

TT can say and post what he wants to about Chick-fil-a.  Although, quoting hellfire and brimstone type believers is probably not the best idea for him given his track record..  It kind of makes him seem like he's looking for attention.

Personally I never liked being thumped with fear evangelism, It's seems devisive.  If God loved the world enough to kill and punish his Son for ppl in their sins and even abominable sins, why would this incur His wrath as well?  Seems double minded too me.  It doesn't line up with what Jesus preached.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I don't think I've ever even driven by a Chick-Fil-A? Is there even one in Mass? Never heard of it. But I have now, so mission accomplishe by Mr. Chick-Fil-A  CEO, and Tim Thomas should never have to pay for a meal again.

My two cents.

1. I don't care if someone is gay, but why do they feel the need to broadcast it? Never once in my life have I ever felt the need to tell someone my sexual preference.

2. I feel marriage should involve a male and a female. A wedding without a father of the bride or a wedding with two father of the brides to me, is not a wedding. To me it seems like a worthy enough tradition to keep sacred. Give it a few years and we'll have some nut job upset because he was told he can't marry his cat.

3. I tend to use the word "gay" alot..EXAMPLE:

NAS calling me out in his absurdity 101 thread for predicting Jordin Tootoo would score 20 goals this year was very "gay" of him.

Now, If any members of the gay community are offended by my thoughts on marriage, too bad, and if any members of the gay community are offended by my use of the word gay in my last sentence I would ask you this:

How many goals do YOU think Tootoo will get?

And don't say 22.

That would be gay.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think I've ever even driven by a Chick-Fil-A? Is there even one in Mass? Never heard of it. But I have now, so mission accomplishe by Mr. Chick-Fil-A  CEO, and Tim Thomas should never have to pay for a meal again. My two cents. 1. I don't care if someone is gay, but why do they feel the need to broadcast it? Never once in my life have I ever felt the need to tell someone my sexual preference. 2. I feel marriage should involve a male and a female. A wedding without a father of the bride or a wedding with two father of the brides to me, is not a wedding. To me it seems like a worthy enough tradition to keep sacred. Give it a few years and we'll have some nut job upset because he was told he can't marry his cat. 3. I tend to use the word "gay" alot..EXAMPLE: NAS calling me out in his absurdity 101 thread for predicting Jordin Tootoo would score 20 goals this year was very "gay" of him. Now, If any members of the gay community are offended by my thoughts on marriage, too bad, and if any members of the gay community are offended by my use of the word gay in my last sentence I would ask you this: How many goals do YOU think Tootoo will get? And don't say 22. That would be gay.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Same. I thought it was a sandwhich at McDonalds....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : How tolerant of you.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]
    '
    excuse me? did you have something to say? or are you framing complete nothingness into a sentence where legit frustration resides?

You sound like the jwensik "I don't know how to think" type. if you have a point on this subject, feel free to address it.