Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book:
    [QUOTE]Wow, this thread has legs.  I guess I'll chime in my 2 cents too. TT can say and post what he wants to about Chick-fil-a.  Although, quoting hellfire and brimstone type believers is probably not the best idea for him given his track record..  It kind of makes him seem like he's looking for attention.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

I've heard this before.  What does "looking for attention" mean?  The guy has thousands of followers on his FB.  He has a strong opinion on a subject.  He said what he needed to say and walked away from the mic.

Neglected girlfriends do stupid things to "get attention" from their boyfriends.  How is this similar?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Ahhhhh.....Bruins fans. So diverse! That's what makes us so great.

Why do we need a Gay Pride Parade? Isn't there a better way to get the point across?

Do you really think TT was tolerated in the dressing room?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : ' excuse me? did you have something to say? or are you framing complete nothingness into a sentence where legit frustration resides? You sound like the jwensik "I don't know how to think" type. if you have a point on this subject, feel free to address it.
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

Whose legit frustration? 

Just making the observation about how intolerant you are to the religious community.   A little shocked that is coming as a big surprise to you after that post.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

While everyone was yelling at their computers, Ernesto shared the most relevant aspect of this. It's worth repeating:

"He isn't playing next year, which means he's not my teammate," a Bruins player who wished to be anonymous told WEEI.com. "Which means I don't have to react to his Facebook posts."

His own teammates have moved on. So should we.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : Why is he a coward?  He said what he wanted to say.  He didn't leave anything up for guesses.  What sort of questions would people ask about this?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

We see what he's saying and we think it's legit.
    Thomas hasn't done any interviews or answered questions.
    He just throws out a one liner here and there and goes into hiding.

If he makes a statement we think he should explain himself, be available for followup questions and etc.

We would like to know how you would describe someone who posts comments and has everyone on ignore.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]While everyone was yelling at their computers, Ernesto shared the most relevant aspect of this. It's worth repeating: "He isn't playing next year, which means he's not my teammate," a Bruins player who wished to be anonymous told WEEI.com. "Which means I don't have to react to his Facebook posts." His own teammates have moved on. So should we.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

I think that was Chara who said that.

His team mates have moved on, but management is stuck with him.

And for the billionth time, I'd like to drop all of this talk that doens't have to do with his trade value or what management can do with with him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

how many pages would we be up to, if TT posted "I disagree with the CEO of chick-fil-a"?  

As for Menino, exactly how would he be able to deny the restaurant access to the Boston market?    To me, there is something more sleazy, self serving  and dishonest in the Mayors well thought journey to the soap box.

What continues to amaze me, is that Thomas makes these comments once and a while, that actually mirror the thoughts of many, many North Americans.  He's really not even into the good stuff, just generic crap that a great percentage of the population rail about every day.  Why are so many here reacting like they just learned there really is no Santa Claus.
    I'm betting there are hundreds of NHLers who are also against same sex marriage.  So what?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : We see what he's saying and we think it's legit. Thomas hasn't done any interviews or answered questions. He just throws out a one liner here and there and goes into hiding. If he makes a statement we think he should explain himself, be available for followup questions and etc. We would like to know how you would describe someone who posts comments and has everyone on ignore.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

We?  We?  Are you using WE?  Don't you know you don't speak for everyone?  We?  No no no no no no!  Not we! 

He doesn't have to explain himself.  On Facebook, people have chosen to follow his thoughts.  He, just like everyone else on Facebook, has the option to post thoughts and ideas.  He did.  It's not called "Question-and-answer-FB.com". 

He didn't call a press conference and then walk away.  He used a social networking tool to get his thoughts out. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : Whose legit frustration?  Just making the observation about how intolerant you are to the religious community.   A little shocked that is coming as a big surprise to you after that post.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

The minority can show all the intolerance they want to the majority these days.  The last 20 years of this country have seen an amazing amount of freedom given to the minorities, mostly at the expense of the majority.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]how many pages would we be up to, if TT posted "I disagree with the CEO of chick-fil-a"?   As for Menino, exactly how would he be able to deny the restaurant access to the Boston market?    To me, there is something more sleazy, self serving  and dishonest in the Mayors well thought journey to the soap box. What continues to amaze me, is that Thomas makes these comments once and a while, that actually mirror the thoughts of many, many North Americans.  He's really not even into the good stuff, just generic crap that a great percentage of the population rail about every day.  Why are so many here reacting like they just learned there really is no Santa Claus. I'm betting there are hundreds of NHLers who are also against same sex marriage.  So what?
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]

Mumbles saw an oppurtunity to look good and jumped at it. Typical politician.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : The minority can show all the intolerance they want to the majority these days.  The last 20 years of this country have seen an amazing amount of freedom given to the minorities, mostly at the expense of the majority.

Yep

It's completely disingenuous, intellectually dishonest and blatantly hypocritical

"freedom" ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : The minority can show all the intolerance they want to the majority these days.  The last 20 years of this country have seen an amazing amount of freedom given to the minorities, mostly at the expense of the majority.

Well said. My wife and I were talking the other day about finances and while we have 4 kids, three of them girls, I was wondering If my son should go the private school route, hopefully a good college etc..Cause by the time he hits the real world, as a white male it is going to be tough for him to get a good job.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : We?  We?  Are you using WE?  Don't you know you don't speak for everyone?  We?  No no no no no no!  Not we!  He doesn't have to explain himself.  On Facebook, people have chosen to follow his thoughts.  He, just like everyone else on Facebook, has the option to post thoughts and ideas.  He did.  It's not called "Question-and-answer-FB.com".  He didn't call a press conference and then walk away.  He used a social networking tool to get his thoughts out. 

First, I am not using "we", we are using "we."

Thomas is a public figure.  He is a sports figure.  He has renegged on his contract.  He has made political statements via an outlet available to the public.

People are curious about his statements and actions and are asking questions.

I understand why.  People are curious by nature.  They want to know about their public figures.

Most people, but not you.  You could give a rats ash.  And that's fine.  But is sure seems to me that you want everyone else to think the same way.

And all of this has as much to do with hockey as much as what Red, Kels, Dez and you do in your bedrooms, although in at least one case I'm sure it's sleeping and nothing else.

The hockey issues are;
    are these statements (right, wrong, indifferent, controversial or whatever) hurting any potential trade value or his value in the NHL?

Is he tryng to hurt his value? (intentionally or not)  His mental state IS relevant to that value.

Or what the heck can management do with him?

I've tried to bring this back to hockey several times already and it seems that people are hell bent on taking it in other directions.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : Well said. My wife and I were talking the other day about finances and while we have 4 kids, three of them girls, I was wondering If my son should go the private school route, hopefully a good college etc..Cause by the time he hits the real world, as a white male it is going to be tough for him to get a good job.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Ouch !  Really ? 
    Don't like the sound of this, not knocking you, just astonished .
    As for TT on facebook who cares what he posts, it's only for the people that follow him on FB.
    Thomas not playing and occupying cap space next year though does bother me but this has been said to death.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]But is sure seems to me that you want everyone else to think the same way.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I have spent no time trying to change opinion.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : Ouch !  Really ?  Don't like the sound of this, not knocking you, just astonished . As for TT on facebook who cares what he posts, it's only for the people that follow him on FB. Thomas not playing and occupying cap space next year though does bother me but this has been said to death.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Oh definetly. I'm not trying to sound ignorant, just being realistic, from what I've experienced and heard. I have a good friend whose job it is to find qualified emplyees for cooperations.
    I'm going to go back to talking about more hockey related posts, but if your or anyone else would like an example I'll gladly post it in this thread. I think you'll be more astonished by that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : The minority can show all the intolerance they want to the majority these days.  The last 20 years of this country have seen an amazing amount of freedom given to the minorities, mostly at the expense of the majority. Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

And there we have it, nope you have no political stance on Thomas's opinion.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : Yep It's completely disingenuous, intellectually dishonest and blatantly hypocritical "freedom" ?
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

These are just words. There is no content to back up these statements.

You are an empty-minded person.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : These are just words. There is no content to back up these statements. You are an empty-minded person.
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]
    This post is bang on Ols.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : I read the entire post.  It doesn't matter what you follow it with, the opening sentence rings out. You could have easily stated that you agree or disagree without adding in that line.  But you did.  Like you do often.  And we just simply don't care.

You should really speak for yourself. I do not need you to speak for me. But thanks anyway.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas Had a one liner today on his face book : with a parent with rocks in his head like yourself, he's got two strikes on him already. -------------------------------------------- Curt Schilling Deadbeat Fraud Fool
    Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE]

A Red Sox fan coming on here everytime TT does something.

Theres a shocker.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosbruins2011cup. Show bosbruins2011cup's posts

Thats true but your called a racist for having common sense. Just look at dearborn michigan a certain group is allowed to assault another group and nothing happins even when its all on tape. If you don't know what I am talking about go do a little reaserch I bet your blood will boil.

25. This post has been removed.