Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTisOverrated. Show TTisOverrated's posts

Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated

Get real people, albatross contract, mediocre goalie, flopping around like a fsh out of water. Thomas has been back down on Earth for a while.

What I think the Bruins organization should do- Place Thomas on injured reserve and call up Khodobin. Dont play TT the rest of the year in order to keep hs value high. With TT's phony numbers this year, I believe Chia could find some GM dumb enough to take that albatross of a contract off the Bruns cap. PC should be able to get good value too.

In terms of the Vezina, Thomas's "make everything look 100 times harder than it really is" style plus the fact that Nashville doesnt get too much media attenton will probably get Thomas another fluke vezina this June, but by no means does he deserve it. He can't hold Rinne's jock. Same with Price.

Goalies that are Better than TT: Rinne, Price, Lundqvist, Miller, Ward, Vokoun, Quick, Hiller, Fleury, Broduer, Niemi, Kiprussoff, Luongo, and Varlamov.

I rest my case...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated

Miller has new name everybody!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTisOverrated. Show TTisOverrated's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DGamH5PGNI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7-GlQ2t43k

I would go on and on, but Im too tired. An no I am not miller

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Fact is they should have traded TT just like Montreal traded Halak.

The future , and the present for that matter , is Rask !  With TT playing above
     expectations, Boston could have packaged him for a better Dman than we got in Kaberle.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I said many times that they should trade him before the deadline because his value was at his best.  Now teams are watching and they understand that he is brutal when the game really matters!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

He's not brutal by any means. Everyone expects him to stand on his head every game and bail the defense out. The defense is the problem, not the goaltending. TT or TR can never take a night off and be mediocre until the Defense get their head out of there a rses and starts playing better. Our defense has been playing awful all year, but our goaltending has made them look good. We're just too slow and too big against the faster smaller teams.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

I was wondering when Miller would come back under his new name.  Guess we just found out!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

You know, I must have missed all these people who are now saying "I told you that they should have traded Tim Thomas a couple of months/years ago". Jeez, I just don't recall reading anything like that, this season,until oh, this thread. Must have missed those comments, huh? 

Come on, be honest, Thomas played out his mind for overhalf the season and now he appears to be, perhaps tiring out (what is he 35/36?), nobody predicted this. The question is now is what to do, simple play Tuukka Rask, he can do the job - although he needs to table his recent spurts of immaturity. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Besides rebound control, which has been better recently (although he's not seeing the puck well), I really don't know how you say he's not having a great season. Granted, a lot of people hate his non-butterfly style but it works.

And the correct response to someone questioning if you are Miller is - "Who is Miller".

With 7 posts and that answer, you sir are a troll. Go back to your cave.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

I don't think he's tiring out, I think they are relying on him far too much. It's been that way for a long time. Some fans blame him when he has a weak game but why not blame the players for not bailing him out when he has bailed them on soooooooo many occasions? He will rebound as always. He's proven his haters wrong over and over.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

wow, a bunch of excuses and calling it a "fluke" vezina, i wonder what team you cheer for.  Maybe you should call the police on him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Hmm:
    2008-2009 Vezina winner

2009-2010 "off year" with 2.56 gaa, .915 sv%, 5so

2010-2010 2.08 gaa, .937 sv%, 7so, probable second vezina

yep, completely overrated.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Here are some states that show just how mediocre TT is,

Leage leader in save %;
    Leage leader in gaa,
    3rd overall in shut outs
    Highest win/loss ratio
    Highest win percentage in games started

Yeah; he sucks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

It's more like Chiarelli is overrated. Thomas is not overrated at all. In fact, he's underrated.

I'd bet money Thomas wouldn't have allowed that soft goal in the Olympics like Ryan Miller did.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

BBR: As an American-Canadian I am still kind of torn up over that one to the point of schizophrenia.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated:
    [QUOTE]wow, a bunch of excuses and calling it a "fluke" vezina, i wonder what team you cheer for.  Maybe you should call the police on him.
    Posted by Seabasshole[/QUOTE]

When I saw this thread, I assumed somebody would claim whoever started it was me under an assumed name.  I've heard this before, although I still don't understand the point of that.  Why would people change their screen names? However, everyone says it's someone called "Miller."  Barney Miller?  Whatever.

Of course I agree with everything the OP says.  TTs first Vezina was a fluke, one this year would be undeserved in comparison to Rinne and Price.  He's everyone's warm 'n fuzzy story. He's a floppy mess that gets people excited because he overplays and overacts every save and he's out of position all the time requiring circus stops.  My old goalie coaches told me in the 70's that if you are the goalie who is making circus saves every night, night after night... you are out of position all the time.  TT is the poster boy for this.

But hey, he's a "battler,"  whatever that is.

I would like to answer seabh's comment.  I've had this levelled at me a few times.  Just because you seriously dislike a player on a team you root for, does not make you a fan of another team.  I've been a Bruins fans since the 60s growing up with Cheevers and Johnston and Dallas Smith and Teddy Green. I remember the B's last real shot at winning a Cup ending vs Edmonton in multi-overtime. I also happen to think TT is the most overrated player in the NHL and the Bruins wasted a spectacular opportunity to cash in on his horrendous, horrendous contract by dealing him earlier in the season when he was on one of his little hot streaks. 

Everyone forgets that this team tried to give him away in the offseason with no takers.  Then he starts off well and he could have brought back a scorer and some financial relief, but no, we have people calling him the MVP because he lays on his back to stop a simple wrist shot. [sigh]

Still, the fact that I don't like TT does not make me a Habs' fan.  I want the city of Montreal to sink into their little underground grid.  I want the faker Max P to have to wear a dress throughout the playoffs.  The fact I think Price is twice the goalie TT is, does not change the fact that I want him (Price) to give up 7 goals a period, every game.

I know the goofs will still resort to the "if you dont agree with us, you arent a Bruins fan!" logic, because thats what people with no analytical ability do.  Whatever.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from legolaspinkerton. Show legolaspinkerton's posts

I don't know about him being overrated. He has been excellent this season, on the whole. But I just looked it up on ESPN.com, his ballpark numbers in February and March: 9.10% 2.90 GAA

That's not very good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]It's more like Chiarelli is overrated. Thomas is not overrated at all. In fact, he's underrated. I'd bet money Thomas wouldn't have allowed that soft goal in the Olympics like Ryan Miller did.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Actually, when they took Miller out of that previous blowout game, Thomas couldnt give up a soft goal fast enough to blow the shutout, remember?  And do you remember on the Bruins blog coverage the writer (Fluto?  Dont recall) said "and Bruins' fans nod their heads knowingly'' acknowleging how TT was a bad goal waiting to happen every time he stepped on the ice last year. (of course there's the mystery injury excuse that popped up in the summer).

So I'll say your bet would be a terrible one. At that moment in time Miller was only about a billion times the goalie Thomas was.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]It's more like Chiarelli is overrated. Thomas is not overrated at all. In fact, he's underrated. I'd bet money Thomas wouldn't have allowed that soft goal in the Olympics like Ryan Miller did.
    I'd bet anything on hypothetical questions too.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTisOverrated. Show TTisOverrated's posts

Id bet money that the USA wouldnt have even sniffed the gold medal game with floppy in net, so therefore Thomas wouldnt have made that save

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

TTover...are we talking monopoly money, in your make believe world?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

None of the pro-Price pro-Rinne anti-Thomas camp have answered anything I've posted re: Thomas's performance vs. Price/Rinne.  I won't bother to repeat because you can't change someone's mind when they aren't interested.  But...

Neither Price nor Rinne plays without the benefit of a coach who has made his rep on defensive systems that make his goalies look good.  How many former Nashville goalies are now failed saviours elsewhere in the league?  How often did that happen with Senator back-ups under Martin, and how much better has Halak made the Blues?

Thomas plays behind a defense that, on any given night, includes two D eligible for the Calder (McQuaid, Kampfer), and another guy with just over one full year of NHL service (Boychuk).  Hardly the kind of roster to make Rinne or Price long to change teams.

Those are the two main factors people cite when dismissing the stats that show Thomas has been dominant.  So...rebuttal anyone or should we shelve this next to the Kessel debates on the "no progress will ever be made" shelf?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated : Actually, when they took Miller out of that previous blowout game, Thomas couldnt give up a soft goal fast enough to blow the shutout, remember?  And do you remember on the Bruins blog coverage the writer (Fluto?  Dont recall) said "and Bruins' fans nod their heads knowingly'' acknowleging how TT was a bad goal waiting to happen every time he stepped on the ice last year. (of course there's the mystery injury excuse that popped up in the summer). So I'll say your bet would be a terrible one. At that moment in time Miller was only about a billion times the goalie Thomas was.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Disagree. Thomas is a gamer and thrives on reptition.  He wasn't getting looks.

Miller won the job, apparently, and the American team paid for it.

It's hard for any goalie to step right in and play well, especially in a competition like that, which basically lasts 10 daysMiller is overrated as will TT's two Vezinas will attest.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated : Disagree. Thomas is a gamer and thrives on reptition.  He wasn't getting looks. Miller won the job, apparently, and the American team paid for it.   It's hard for any goalie to step right in and play well, especially in a competition like that, which basically lasts 10 daysMiller is overrated as will TT's two Vezinas will attest.
    BB,you can't can't call the reigning Vezina winner over-rated and then use TT's Vezina as proof of it.For the record,I think TT and Miller are terriffic goalies.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Yes, I can.

Miller has been hyped by the media now for years. 

Thomas has not.

Thomas will have won two Vezinas, with Miller's iffy one last year.  It could have gone either way between Bryzgalov and Miller.  Bryzgalov had more wins and more shuthouts, too.

Too bad Thomas was hurt last year.