Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated

To the topic starter, I'd like to quote a line from Willy Wonka:

You *LOSE*!!! Good day sir!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I'd imagine there are many other goaltenders in the league who wish they were as "overrated" as he is.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Yep.  So totally overrated.  I mean come on, he has the best save pct in the history of the NHL.  Chiarelli should dump him while his value is high.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

NHL Record for Save % in a season.  I guess he is over-rated in the same way as Wayne Gretzky for those 92 goals.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In Response to Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated:
    [QUOTE]Get real people, albatross contract, mediocre goalie, flopping around like a fsh out of water. Thomas has been back down on Earth for a while. What I think the Bruins organization should do- Place Thomas on injured reserve and call up Khodobin. Dont play TT the rest of the year in order to keep hs value high. Posted by TTisOverrated[/QUOTE]

Dumbest troll EVER!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

To use a NAS mindset: stats aren't everything haha
    Great year for Thomas. Glad it happened to such a great guy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

It's true that stats aren't everything, just as it's true that the best answer Thomas could give his doubters is "Scoreboard". 

But the more I think about this, the more it comes down to the OP not understanding the meaning of over-rated.  In general, it means to assign a paper value that is out of line with his performance or real value.  Performance is .938 save %, best GAA in the league by more than a 10th of a point, and second in shutouts (and wasn't that a beaut of a Hnidy pass that led to him losing this one).  Spin it up down left right back forward whatever.  Hard to overrate a guy when he puts up that performance.  You could do it, but you'd never get to being the epitome.

Now Joe Thornton?  Epitome of overrated.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

That Hnidy pass was dreadful.  Totally what happens when you don't play hockey for a year.  And it's impossible to have statistically the best numbers in history and not be, at least, a very good goaltender.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

I never understood the premise of this post - I'll stick to the official score sheet, thank you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forumchat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2] 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated:
    [QUOTE]In  Internet slang , a  troll  is someone who posts inflammatory,  extraneous , or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an  online discussion forum ,  chat room , or  blog , with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired  emotional  response [ 1 ]  or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion. [ 2 ]  
    Posted by OlsonicCreations[/QUOTE]

There's plenty of them here. Sad thing is most of them are all together as a clan, the same person with numerous alias's & Hab fans.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In  Internet slang , a  troll  is someone who posts inflammatory,  extraneous , or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an  online discussion forum ,  chat room , or  blog , with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired  emotional  response [ 1 ]  or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion. [ 2 ]  
    Posted by OlsonicCreations[/QUOTE] ^See NAS.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated : ^See NAS.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

NAS can be a lot of things, but a troll is not even close!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated : NAS can be a lot of things, but a troll is not even close!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE] Or of otherwise disrupting normal on topic discussion.........SEE CHOWDA, and this is "just one" example that fits the description.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas- The epitome of being overrated : NAS can be a lot of things, but a troll is not even close!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE] With the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response.......quite sure I don't need to give an example to back this.
    I can go on if you still disagree..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

.938 save percentage, a new NHL record, eclipsing Dominik Hasek's standard of .937 set in 1998-99 - if anything, Tim Thomas is underrated because of "stylists" like "T!TSareOverrated" & "BotoxFanInIL". TT's career save percentage in the NHL is .922 (playoffs .926), but that's just the stats; every non-biased (or non-obsessed?) hockey fan knows that without Tim Thomas' superb season, the Bruins wouldn't have won the Northeast division.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE] If you believe in the actual description of a troll (which I do not), NAS is the  king of the castle.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts