Tim Thomas Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Tim Thomas Tracker

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

MaNmosas get it straight Innocent

lol...should we lobby Dottie to add spellcheck.....manstyle?

Recipe:

http://www.foodrepublic.com/2011/10/23/man-mosa-cocktail

mmmmmm!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

[QUOTE]

Oh yeah, every ugly minute, if your an Oiler fan. ;-P

hahaha....you know, I think at this point the p-bruins have a better 6-pack of D men and I am not joking.

How can a team suck so bad for so long, attain so many high picks, and end up just as terrible?

Just beyond comprehension.

[/QUOTE]

Because the Oilers braintrust, and i use that term loosely, used every pick for the best forward available, all of the same mold and didn't worry about the defence or goaltending. Instead maybe they should have thought of packaging up one of those picks for a top d-man, but i'm not a g.m that is paid for forward thinking. I think its obvious neither have the last 2 Oiler g.m's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

No top D in Florida ? Campbell must still be a liability when cornered in his own end although skating puck put he must still be pretty good , no ?  

How has Gudbranson developed ?  I expected him to be a Pronger type D coming up.

And lastly Kulikov , when watching the Panthers only noticed him on the PP , how is the rest of his game ?

Oh Timmmy what did you get yourself into

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Because the Oilers braintrust, and i use that term loosely, used every pick for the best forward available, all of the same mold and didn't worry about the defence or goaltending. Instead maybe they should have thought of packaging up one of those picks for a top d-man, but i'm not a g.m that is paid for forward thinking. I think its obvious neither have the last 2 Oiler g.m's.

Yep. I can see Mac going for Miller or Reimer by the deadline and using one of their "can't miss kids" (you know, the $6million ones) to acquire a real top pairing Dman. When Smid and Ference are your top shutdown D and your goalie lets in floaters from the blue line consistently (Hardy Astrom redux?) you know the organization is in trouble.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I never thought Gudbranson had the offensive skill set to influence the game the way Pronger does.  Thought he'd be more of a big, nasty presence, but that's the end of the Pronger comparison.  Hard to believe he was drafted 3rd, right after Seguin.  If you think about how easily the Bruins could have been bumped down one spot by the ping pong ball...it would have meant no Eriksson, Smith, Fraser, Morrow.  Outside chance at best that the Bruins would have been smart enough to draft Skinner. Beyond those three, no one from that class is really established.  Fowler gets points but is horrible defensively.  Burmistrov is frustation 1010, and the rest of the top ten are still getting baby feet wet.  Fourth best player from that draft in terms of NHL impact might be - ugh - Brendan Gallagher.  Good reminder when we talk about Spooner and Knight and why haven't they forced their way into the lineup.

Oiler D is just crazy.  Players or system or no help from the forwards?  All three.  J. Schultz was dominant in the AHL, and he started lights out in the NHL, but then he's faded.  I could easily see that being a story of a guy who has great offensive skills being told that to be a true impact player he has to change the way he plays, and he becomes mediocre at both ends as a result.  Nick Schultz is a 5-6.  Smid a 4-5 depending on the team.  And Ference we know is a very good 5-6, and can even spot as a 4 if it means shadowing Sidney Crosby.  That's not a recipe for success.

Are you not entertained?!?!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Gudbranson's full potential would be Seidenberg in my view.

Campbell is not Housley, but he's not Doughty either.  He's above average with good points.

Kulikov carries the puck well.  Glory be to him.  He'll get better, but that's later not now.

Edmonton, Colorado, Philly and Florida will be vying for worst in the league. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I actually think Buffalo is even worse than Philly, Colorado, or Edmonton.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I actually think Buffalo is even worse than Philly, Colorado, or Edmonton.

Miller clock is ticking