Tim Thomas was HUGE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Tim Thomas was HUGE

TT played his best game. Wow. That 2-1 save was outstanding. And he held onto rebounds tonight. Such an amazing game. Well played Timmy. Go get that final game in Montreal boys. Go Bs

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

Re: Tim Thomas was HUGE

wow what a game,  we thought that 2-1 by Mon was game over! Lets hope the last 3 Game 7 losses under clode have taught this team something about closing the deal... In the first round anyways

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I guess that game sent all the TT haters scurrying back into the woodwork.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Happy Easter to all. I am still running that save through my head. Amazing. What a win. GO Bs

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

He pretty much stole that game

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

He shut me up on this i had been saying he has never stolen us a game this series and plays his worst in the playoffs. TT was lights out last night. Heck of a save by ryder too. Thomas also played lights out after giving up the early goal in the third of game 4 to suban.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I have to give some Props to TT.  As I said before the game he has been getting better every game so far, But he will have a hard time topping last night.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanFromMontreal. Show BruinsFanFromMontreal's posts

Incredible.. i was at Game 4 and thought it couldnt get any better... but it did. last night wasnt for the weak at heart.

Tim Thomas you were huge!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

I've been waiting years to be able to say that Tim Thomas won this team a playoff game with his stellar play.  

It's probably not a good thing that it took this long, but I'm thrilled he finally did

Oh and don't forget the save of the night was actually made by Michael Ken Dryder

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Hopefully, the team can reward TT with continued scoring in Montreal. And of course it goes without saying, TT will need to be lights out again. GO Bs

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

In Response to Re: Tim Thomas was HUGE:
    [QUOTE]I've been waiting years to be able to say that Tim Thomas won this team a playoff game with his stellar play.   It's probably not a good thing that it took this long, but I'm thrilled he finally did Oh and don't forget the save of the night was actually made by Michael Ken Dryder
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]

He finally did? What about that shutout in the 09 playoffs? Took so long?  Do you watch this team regulary or are you here just to bash TT?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tim Thomas was HUGE : He finally did? What about that shutout in the 09 playoffs? Took so long?  Do you watch this team regulary or are you here just to bash TT?
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]

Calm down Hot Head, they won that game 4-0

I didn't say he never had a good game in the playoffs, I said he never really won them a game like he did last night. 

He had a lot of good playoff games that year.  Especially against Montreal

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Some just like to bash TT. We all know who they are. TT gives up rebounds, thats the one flaw in his game, but TT gives up rebounds on shots 90% of the other goalies would not save in the first place. I'm over it, and I love watching him play,

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonbruins69. Show bostonbruins69's posts

Timmy played the game we needed him to play.  Just absolutely unbelievable.  And got some help from Ryder and Chara too.  Ryders glove save was a beauty.  And Chara's lucky back of the leg save was a nice one too.  Now take the next one and lets take this to the next round

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

[QUOTE]Timmy played the game we needed him to play.  Just absolutely unbelievable.  And got some help from Ryder and Chara too.  Ryders glove save was a beauty.  And Chara's lucky back of the leg save was a nice one too.  Now take the next one and lets take this to the next round
    Posted by bostonbruins69[/QUOTE]

Yeah, let me clear about one thing.  I read my first post in this thread and it does look like I'm bashing the guy a bit.  I'd rather he DIDN't have to stand on his head for this team going forward

A nice stress free 5-2 win on Tuesday would be just fine with me.....it's only the first round and 'muh nerves are already shot

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

I think its safe to say that when you're on good things happen.  First two games of the series Thomas couldn't catch a break. 

Last night he caught two and then took in the rest himself.  Goalies, Defensemen and Fowards all rely on their fair share of breaks.  We hear it all the time with the forwards "all they need is this little fluky goal to get back into it".  Let's hope Lucic can catch his break soon, last night you could see how frustrated he was.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

[QUOTE]I guess that game sent all the TT haters scurrying back into the woodwork.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what they needed from him,and they will need enother game like that to win this series.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

I had already chalked up Gionta's shot. Nice pass on a 2-on-1.Hey, whaddaya gonna do. What? The game isn't over?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Was not in Vezina form at the beginning of this series but I was confident he'd come around. He's still not at his best but he's getting there.  What a performance last night! This year's Vezina winner hands down.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

[QUOTE]Was not in Vezina form at the beginning of this series but I was confident he'd come around. He's still not at his best but he's getting there.  What a performance last night! This year's Vezina winner hands down.
    Posted by niftybear[/QUOTE]

He is coming around, let's hope he keeps this momentum.  A poster who's name I can't remember said something about the fact that the Habs have always had a decent time with Thomas.  We know he has a tendency to try to over do things (ala the mess that became of that Ranger's game when he tried to do too much and didn't let the game come to him).  Hopefully he has a good sense of how they are playing him.  Haggs had a picture on Twitter yesterday of Thomas out before the game day skate with Seguin shooting pucks at him and all you see is the rebounded pucks are being steered to the blue lines not the points.  He knows whats up and what he needs to fix, hopefully he can keep on it.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

Rask is the future, given the age difference between he and Thomas, but with two Vezinas in the last three years, it's pretty hard to argue against TT. The guy is an elite goaltender and I'll take him in the playoffs right now hands down. Watch and learn, Tukka...your time is going to come soon enough.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ubahero. Show ubahero's posts

Everyone knows that Tim was playing a bit injured last year.  What he is doing now is what he did the year before when healthy!  Awesome job Tim Thomas and hats off to our GM, Peter Chirelli, for knowing enough to keep him and not sell low after last season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

"Tim Thomas was HUGE"

and in other breaking news, water is wet.

Hopefully this will quiet some of the "he's never stole a game" blather.