TIME FOR A CHANGE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE

In Response to TIME FOR A CHANGE:
    [QUOTE]This team plays with no heart, no emotion and no interest in the game they are paid to play.  They get their a$$es kicked by an awful team on their home ice.  When will Neely/PC grow the set needed to Dump Julien and his BORING system.  There is a reason why this guy got canned in NJ before the playoffs.  He has a leash on Looch and Chara which has in turn made them play like they have skirts on.  There has to be a change coming.  Never have i been more frustrated watching this team than this year with their games of hope where they give us glimpses of what they could be and then they go right back to heartless hockey.  Time to get someone behind the bench who can level things out.
    Posted by bostondynNASTY[/QUOTE]
    The reason he was canned in NJ before the play-offs was because Lamoriello is an idiot.If you don't like CJ,fine,but don't use one of the dumbest moves in hockey management history as a reason to fire him.You can come up with many other reasons on your own I'm sure.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

In Response to Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE:
    [QUOTE]In Response to TIME FOR A CHANGE : The reason he was canned in NJ before the play-offs was because Lamoriello is an idiot.If you don't like CJ,fine,but don't use one of the dumbest moves in hockey management history as a reason to fire him.You can come up with many other reasons on your own I'm sure.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

A dumb decision?  didnt they win the Cup?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE : A dumb decision?  didnt they win the Cup?
    Posted by bostondynNASTY[/QUOTE]
    Lost in the 1st round with Lou behind the bench.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE : Lost in the 1st round with Lou behind the bench.

Just to correct things:

[QUOTE] The Devils defeated the Tampa Bay Lightning in six games in the first round, but struggled against the third-seeded Ottawa Senators in the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals and lost to them in five games. 
    Lamoriello defended the move saying, "I don't think we're at a point of being ready both mentally and [physically] to play the way that is necessary going into the playoffs."

Source: Wikipedia[/QUOTE]

I don't like Lou Lamoriello, but he made a gutsy call, the kind of decision that hasn't been made in Boston since Chiarelli fired Dave Lewis. PC was so eager to give Julien a multi-year contract extension some eighteen months ago while there was even one year left on Julien's original deal, he will do anything to avoid firing him. Julien should have been canned last summer, it didn't happen, while PC promised big changes. Now here we are again with the same issues. A GM who wants to win would have fired Julien a long time ago; a GM who's afraid of losing his own job will try to wait it out, just like PC.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Hulot i couldn't agree with your statement any more.  The GM is scared to lose his job and i believe CJ is as well, and i think thats why we saw him ride Thomas for so long.  I wonder if the difference this season is Neely getting very frustrated with whats going on. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Go to the source I say when theres a problem....the problem is the PP...the source is Ward....this guy is obviously a no mind and has proven it...the Bruins PP is a predictable over and over never change set-up that rarely produces quality chances. They have absolutely no puck possession and three forwards bunching up fighting for the puck in the corner leaves no option even if they do come up with it. When teams of lesser talent can still come up with a PP set up more effective and more controlled pressure what does that indicate?...this is a coaching problem...thats WARDS job and its showing...time to point him south and go with someone else!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Wild are not awful they are only three points behind the Bruins with 45 points. It just looks worse because they are in a better conference than Boston. Theodore owns the Bruins that will never change.

I agree on the PP but changing coaches will not make a difference It's just like moms asking you too keep stirring the sauce while she answers the phone. No ingredients change meaning the Bruins still have the same Dcorp that can't put a low hard shot on the net to even begin to be tipped.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]The Wild are not awful they are only three points behind the Bruins with 45 points. It just looks worse because they are in a better conference than Boston. Theodore owns the Bruins that will never change. I agree on the PP but changing coaches will not make a difference It's just like moms asking you too keep stirring the sauce while she answers the phone. No ingredients change meaning the Bruins still have the same Dcorp that can't put a low hard shot on the net to even begin to be tipped.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Exactly. It's a lack of talent, not system. They trip all over themselves just to get the puck into the opposing zone on the PP, and even when they do, they're looking at one guy (Chara), who can really drive the puck from the point, and they're still using 42-yr. old Recchi as the guy in front of the net as if he's still a presence that can't be moved.

I'm getting tired of repeating myself over and over, but all of the  threads on this board comes down to the same 2 thoughts: 1) If we could just fire CJ the team would be awesome. 2)The team needs better players or it's going nowhere.

Option 1 gets you the satisfaction of seeing an annoying coach who's as dynamic as a bag of sawdust leave town, but it still gets you a 1st or 2d round KO.

Option 2 gives you hope and chance. This Bruins team is not very largely changed from the ones we've already seen fail in '08, '09 and '10. Enough already. PC: This is your job. No one said it was going to be easy. But it's yours. Use what you have...use the high draft pick...do SOMETHING, for crying out loud, b/c we've all seen this movie before and it ends the same da*n way every time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE : Just to correct things: I don't like Lou Lamoriello, but he made a gutsy call, the kind of decision that hasn't been made in Boston since Chiarelli fired Dave Lewis. PC was so eager to give Julien a multi-year contract extension some eighteen months ago while there was even one year left on Julien's original deal, he will do anything to avoid firing him. Julien should have been canned last summer, it didn't happen, while PC promised big changes. Now here we are again with the same issues. A GM who wants to win would have fired Julien a long time ago; a GM who's afraid of losing his own job will try to wait it out, just like PC.
    Posted by MrHulot[/QUOTE]
    If Lou had success it would've been gutsy.since he didn't it was stupid.TY for correction although Devils barely getting past 1st round is only slightly better.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE : Exactly. It's a lack of talent, not system. They trip all over themselves just to get the puck into the opposing zone on the PP, and even when they do, they're looking at one guy (Chara), who can really drive the puck from the point, and they're still using 42-yr. old Recchi as the guy in front of the net as if he's still a presence that can't be moved. I'm getting tired of repeating myself over and over, but all of the  threads on this board comes down to the same 2 thoughts: 1) If we could just fire CJ the team would be awesome. 2)The team needs better players or it's going nowhere. Option 1 gets you the satisfaction of seeing an annoying coach who's as dynamic as a bag of sawdust leave town, but it still gets you a 1st or 2d round KO. Option 2 gives you hope and chance. This Bruins team is not very largely changed from the ones we've already seen fail in '08, '09 and '10. Enough already. PC: This is your job. No one said it was going to be easy. But it's yours. Use what you have...use the high draft pick...do SOMETHING, for crying out loud, b/c we've all seen this movie before and it ends the same da*n way every time.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]
    What good is moving a high pick?The fact is,any move to bring in an impact player would mean salary has to be shipped in the other direction.This team is much different than last years unless  you don't see a difference between Wideman and Horton/Campbell.Seguin isn't a bad addition either.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

[QUOTE]only change that will work is OWNERSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is the only thing that has remained the same!
    Posted by TheRealHomer[/QUOTE]
    That would make a lot of sense to me, too.

I know that the Bruins are now spending big money, they just don't spend it wisely, and they always end up short at the trade deadline while teams like Pittsburgh i.e. make bold moves. (And I still think that Lamoriello had a lot of guts when he fired Julien in 2007; anyway, it's obvious he didn't trust him.)

Any organization committed to winning the cup would have fired Julien after the Flyers series, no matter how long his contract was. Nobody was held accountable for the biggest flop in Bruins history, and the team owners once again showed that they don't care. Bad example for the players as well.

PC is trigger-happy, handing out big bucks for contract extensions, and he tied the Bruins to some really bad deals (Julien, Chara, Ference, Ryder - I'm not including Tim Thomas here as he has played incredibly well so far this season).

Zdeno Chara is a great athlete, but he is not the kind of player you build your franchise around. He can be a shut-down dman and play the point on the PP, but making him the highest-paid player and team captain is way beyond his capabilities. I would like to know if there's one NHL club besides Boston willing to pay him about 7 mill per season and have him on the payroll for more than ten years. He has never won anything (except the 2009 Norris trophy, but doesn't every guy in the NHL claim he doesn't care about personal awards?), and he will never win anything (but I really hope he'll prove me wrong).

This club has issues, and everyone knows it. When Harry Sinden was in charge, the Bruins had the reputation of being cheap. Now with PC at the helm they're wasting money on the wrong guys.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE : That would make a lot of sense to me, too. I know that the Bruins are now spending big money, they just don't spend it wisely, and they always end up short at the trade deadline while teams like Pittsburgh i.e. make bold moves. (And I still think that Lamoriello had a lot of guts when he fired Julien in 2007; anyway, it's obvious he didn't trust him.) Any organization committed to winning the cup would have fired Julien after the Flyers series, no matter how long his contract was. Nobody was held accountable for the biggest flop in Bruins history, and the team owners once again showed that they don't care. Bad example for the players as well. PC is trigger-happy, handing out big bucks for contract extensions, and he tied the Bruins to some really bad deals (Julien, Chara, Ference, Ryder - I'm not including Tim Thomas here as he has played incredibly well so far this season). Zdeno Chara is a great athlete, but he is not the kind of player you build your franchise around. He can be a shut-down dman and play the point on the PP, but making him the highest-paid player and team captain is way beyond his capabilities. I would like to know if there's one NHL club besides Boston willing to pay him about 7 mill per season and have him on the payroll for more than ten years. He has never won anything (except the 2009 Norris trophy, but doesn't every guy in the NHL claim he doesn't care about personal awards?), and he will never win anything (but I really hope he'll prove me wrong). This club has issues, and everyone knows it. When Harry Sinden was in charge, the Bruins had the reputation of being cheap. Now with PC at the helm they're wasting money on the wrong guys.
    Going into last year's play-offs,did you expect Boston to make it to the 3rd round.Unless you're going to lie and say  yes then I don't see how losing a 7 game series to a team that almost won the cup as being the  letdown you're proclaiming.If Boston lost to Buffalo in the 1st round(like many expected)would that have been easier to take?look,everyone wanted Boston to close out the Flyers and eventually win the cup.But all things considered,they had a better play-offs than anticipated.No one cares about that though.On another note,Lou Lams guts helped him keep kovalchuk.Gutsy and still stupid.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

So losing a seven game series after being up three games to none is not a letdown? As far as I remember the team didn't even put up much of a fight, and they eventually lost game 7 at home after holding a 3-0 lead - that's not a letdown? To me that's the ultimate letdown, and if Julien had only the smallest trace of honor in him, he would have put in his resignation right after game 7's final buzzer. His coaching in that series was abysmal, I even suggest that his passive approach gave the Flyers more reasons to believe they could come back.
    I don't like the Devils and I don't like Lou Lamoriello, but his track record is a lot more impressive than Chiarelli's (while I don't understand why Lamoriello had to sign Kovalchuk).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

maybe that change will come after the b's lose to the hated habnots once again....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to TIME FOR A CHANGE : The reason he was canned in NJ before the play-offs was because Lamoriello is an idiot.If you don't like CJ,fine,but don't use one of the dumbest moves in hockey management history as a reason to fire him.You can come up with many other reasons on your own I'm sure.

You're right, I'm all about keeping this regime, what does Lou Lamoriello know? 

Wait what?  Take down your homerism and love for Claude down a notch, a statement like that just makes you sound foolish. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Try to Bear it: 

Totally agree, we have talent issues, who's fault is that?  It's the same thing HULOT said, GM is too passive and affraid to make any moves, whether it's firing the lame coach, or just resigning everyone under the sun to keep things status quo.  PC made a GREAT trade with Kessel and another for Tuukka, other than that, decisions haven't been so hot.  Claude was an excellent choice for that this team needed in 2007, he provided a good system for a team full of muckers and a really talentless bunch.  Claude is not the guy to take a team over the hump, and feel the same way about PC.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Im not saying removing Julien but Ward....hes the PP coach and so called seer scribbling the plays on his clip board to an obviously disinterested bunch who have tuned him out....sending him packing they lose nothing...bringing in someone from their existing payroll...Bourque or Sweeney say....well what could a fresh look or a new practice element produce....Raymond likely has forgot more about scoring on PP's then Ward and Julien combined ever knew....this is an inexpensive attempt and deserves a try IM humble O...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

This willl be a very important week in the season. If it is clear we cannot beat the Habs and look foolish chasing small speedy forwards then face the Pens and Flyers and do not do well then the knives will be out. After taking 8 out of 10 on the road trip we could fall way back within a week with poor showings.

Lets hope they show us they are the team we hope they are and show up big time.

Go B's  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE : That would make a lot of sense to me, too. I know that the Bruins are now spending big money, they just don't spend it wisely, and they always end up short at the trade deadline while teams like Pittsburgh i.e. make bold moves. (And I still think that Lamoriello had a lot of guts when he fired Julien in 2007; anyway, it's obvious he didn't trust him.) Any organization committed to winning the cup would have fired Julien after the Flyers series, no matter how long his contract was. Nobody was held accountable for the biggest flop in Bruins history, and the team owners once again showed that they don't care. Bad example for the players as well. PC is trigger-happy, handing out big bucks for contract extensions, and he tied the Bruins to some really bad deals (Julien, Chara, Ference, Ryder - I'm not including Tim Thomas here as he has played incredibly well so far this season). Zdeno Chara is a great athlete, but he is not the kind of player you build your franchise around. He can be a shut-down dman and play the point on the PP, but making him the highest-paid player and team captain is way beyond his capabilities. I would like to know if there's one NHL club besides Boston willing to pay him about 7 mill per season and have him on the payroll for more than ten years. He has never won anything (except the 2009 Norris trophy, but doesn't every guy in the NHL claim he doesn't care about personal awards?), and he will never win anything (but I really hope he'll prove me wrong). This club has issues, and everyone knows it. When Harry Sinden was in charge, the Bruins had the reputation of being cheap. Now with PC at the helm they're wasting money on the wrong guys.

Probably only 29 other NHL clubs that would love to be saddled with Chara and his contract.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

This will be an important week Jman, but it's just more of the same.  82 games, then see what happens.
    After every loss, most here want to fire Julian and make a bunch of trades.  The dumbest attempt to make their point by offering up possible scenario's and prove their limited understanding of the game, and the business, which are hopelessly intertwined these days.

Julian implements his style because the Bruins don't have any bona fide scorers.  The D is ok, but not outstanding.  A tight team defense is this groups best bet to achieve success.  What they lack in firepower, and pure greatness is somewhat offset by balance.  It amazes me how everyone here can't see that.

There is absolutely no reasonable doubt, that PC is open to, and carefully examining all offers.  You can bet there are always a lot of tire kickers.  I'm sure there is virtually no one on this team that is untradeable.  You don't make a trade though...just to make a trade.  You do it to make your team better, and contrary to popular belief, NHL GM's aren't quite as gullible and stupid, as many here think.  There are many, many factors involved which, no one here knows jack about.

This team has a shot, and that's as good as it gets.  They may also miss the playoffs.  There's no guarantee, that's why it's interesting.

Who on this team would score 40 on a different team?  Nobody.  So why can't the masses seem to understand a trade won't get us one.

You work with your strengths.  Ramsey got a head coaching gig, quite simply because of his success in Boston.  He ran the defense, he wasn't Julians gopher.  Together they developed and deployed the system.
    Ramsay now works his system differently, and you know why?  His Dcorp leads the league in points scored !
    Can you imagine trying to make that work here?  It wouldn't, and any pee wee coach on the continent should be able to comprehend that.

Again, you deploy a system that works to your strength.

Tweaking is the only reasonable option for a team in the top third of the league in January.

Something could happen closer to the deadline.  These are hockey's dog days, and everyone is just trying to get them in the rear view mirror.

An interesting development could be Brad Richards.  If he doesn't get re signed, he'll probably get dumped, and 16 teams will be hot on the trail, just to get him as a rental, regardless if they can sign him for next year.  Rebuilding non playoff teams with cap space, and the need for a marquee will also join in the frenzy.  The team that offers up the most, will get him, and if it's a playoff bound team, it'll most certainly have to shed some salary on top of that. 
    That's the B's best case scenario.  Maybe a decent rental for 1 shot at the cup, but they'll need to give up a fair chunk of the future, and then some.

Could be an ok idea, could be a great idea....could be horrible.

There may be a defenseman there somewhere too, but this delusion that Boston can "trade"  for some of these prizes is lunacy.  The only way to get an elite NHL player, is to be the highest bidder.  Elite teams develop their stars, and trade for pieces in supporting roles, it doesn't work the other way around. 

Finally, for all those out there that think things are so bad....for the gazillion who constantly reference Lou's astuteness in coaching and player transactions,.... go check the league standings.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]This will be an important week Jman, but it's just more of the same.  82 games, then see what happens. After every loss, most here want to fire Julian and make a bunch of trades.  The dumbest attempt to make their point by offering up possible scenario's and prove their limited understanding of the game, and the business, which are hopelessly intertwined these days. Julian implements his style because the Bruins don't have any bona fide scorers.  The D is ok, but not outstanding.  A tight team defense is this groups best bet to achieve success.  What they lack in firepower, and pure greatness is somewhat offset by balance.  It amazes me how everyone here can't see that. There is absolutely no reasonable doubt, that PC is open to, and carefully examining all offers.  You can bet there are always a lot of tire kickers.  I'm sure there is virtually no one on this team that is untradeable.  You don't make a trade though...just to make a trade.  You do it to make your team better, and contrary to popular belief, NHL GM's aren't quite as gullible and stupid, as many here think.  There are many, many factors involved which, no one here knows jack about. This team has a shot, and that's as good as it gets.  They may also miss the playoffs.  There's no guarantee, that's why it's interesting. Who on this team would score 40 on a different team?  Nobody.  So why can't the masses seem to understand a trade won't get us one. You work with your strengths.  Ramsey got a head coaching gig, quite simply because of his success in Boston.  He ran the defense, he wasn't Julians gopher.  Together they developed and deployed the system. Ramsay now works his system differently, and you know why?  His Dcorp leads the league in points scored ! Can you imagine trying to make that work here?  It wouldn't, and any pee wee coach on the continent should be able to comprehend that. Again, you deploy a system that works to your strength. Tweaking is the only reasonable option for a team in the top third of the league in January. Something could happen closer to the deadline.  These are hockey's dog days, and everyone is just trying to get them in the rear view mirror. An interesting development could be Brad Richards.  If he doesn't get re signed, he'll probably get dumped, and 16 teams will be hot on the trail, just to get him as a rental, regardless if they can sign him for next year.  Rebuilding non playoff teams with cap space, and the need for a marquee will also join in the frenzy.  The team that offers up the most, will get him, and if it's a playoff bound team, it'll most certainly have to shed some salary on top of that.  That's the B's best case scenario.  Maybe a decent rental for 1 shot at the cup, but they'll need to give up a fair chunk of the future, and then some. Could be an ok idea, could be a great idea....could be horrible. There may be a defenseman there somewhere too, but this delusion that Boston can "trade"  for some of these prizes is lunacy.  The only way to get an elite NHL player, is to be the highest bidder.  Elite teams develop their stars, and trade for pieces in supporting roles, it doesn't work the other way around.  Finally, for all those out there that think things are so bad....for the gazillion who constantly reference Lou's astuteness in coaching and player transactions,.... go check the league standings.
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]

Steve, there's no doubt about the overall truth of your post here. I for one don't expect any magic trade is going to happen to make this team suddenly the Cup favorite.

But I think it's fair to acknowledge as well that the opposite approach in the modern PC era--since 2008--has been to go into the post season w/exactly the kind of team we're staring at now...and what we DO KNOW is that it's simply not good enough.

Yu always want to trade to make your team better, but short of doing something incredibly foolish (trading one of the goalies, Seguin, Krejci, or other young core players they need to build around) it's hard to see how trading almost any of the lesser players (Wheeler/Ryder/Paille) or even some good players (Stuart, Boychuk)  could possibly make the team worse.

PC also has the wild card of the Tor. draft pick. That could entice some GM's who are not going anywhere near the playoffs to give someone back that could improve this team's chances in the playoffs. Probably not enough to make the finals, but you KNOW in your hockey heart of hearts they aint goin' there if they do nothing as an alternative.

Given that I agree w/your overall assessment of the B's basically being in between a rock and hard place, is it not fair to admit that the fan base might be more than a little peeved to see yet another round 1 or 2 KO--or even, as you hinted is a possibility, a DNQ? Do you honestly believe that this Bruins team going into playoffs 2011 is anything more than lunchmeat for the clearly better opponents waiting for them? I think that's reason enough to make a trade--ANY trade--just to shake things up and show the fans that it isn't just business as usual on Causeway Street, which is to say: Just wait til NEXT year....we'll REALLY be good then. Cuz, brother, I've been hearing that song for a loooooooong, loooooooong time.

p.s. I'd take out that rental on Brad Richards, but I don't see how they can swing it. Plus, he'll end up w/a team like the Rangers or Sharks or Wings anyway. I'd bet dollars to donuts PC won't even consider it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]Try to Bear it:  Totally agree, we have talent issues, who's fault is that?  It's the same thing HULOT said, GM is too passive and affraid to make any moves, whether it's firing the lame coach, or just resigning everyone under the sun to keep things status quo.  PC made a GREAT trade with Kessel and another for Tuukka, other than that, decisions haven't been so hot.  Claude was an excellent choice for that this team needed in 2007, he provided a good system for a team full of muckers and a really talentless bunch.  Claude is not the guy to take a team over the hump, and feel the same way about PC.
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]

BigBad: 

A lot is on PC now, I agree. It's what--the 4th year on the job? He needs to be held accountable and soon. But as you pointed out, he's done some good things, and even tho' I was ticked off that Kessel left, I believe in Seguin's future and really like what I've seen.

CJ is a tougher nut to crack, and here's why: His style IS boring. He DOES hold back too much ice time from players like Seguin and has too much faith in Recchi, who's showing his age finally. But CJ's defensive system actually does favor a team like the Bruins which I believe is still woefully short on offensive speed and skill. The Horton trade should be producing greater results and I dont know if he's been playing hurt or what, but after I had a change of heart about Lucic he's been playing like the guy I kept saying last year was overrated and should be dealt. That stuff is a mystery but I don;t think you can hang it all on CJ.

If the Bruins tried playing run and gun they'd be eaten alive. They'd lose games by 4, 5 goals a nite. That boring defensive box scheme allows the goalies  (Boston's best players) to thrive, and allows them to eke out points in ties and shootout losses (their dismal record in OT and SO's proves my point aboit how offensively challenged they are.

this is ultimately a personnel problem. I personally believe CJ should have been sacked after the Flyers debacle on principle alone, but the conundrum is that his style and game plan has also likely been the only thing keeping the Bruins in the playoff hunt so far.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE : Probably only 29 other NHL clubs that would love to be saddled with Chara and his contract.
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]
    I don't think so; there weren't many bidders for Chara's services when he became a free agent in 2006. Then Chiarelli came in with his gargantuan offer, which no other team even bothered to match. Most likely Chara will be a Bruin for the rest of his NHL career, that's a fact. But I don't think he makes that much of a difference when he's on the ice to justify the amount of money he makes. BTW: His backpedaling against Havlat on the Wild's PP the other night did not look very "shut-down" to me.

But that's just one issue. I do believe the Bruins can make a deep playoff run, maybe they need to add one or two pieces, but the general attitude of this team has to change. You can say what you want about Julien and his system, but I've had enough of his constant dumbfounded expression and his lame excuses ("we weren't ready, we didn't establish the forecheck, my girdle is killing me", etc.). I find it extremely difficult to have confidence in him, and you can see the team's lack of confidence in its inconsistent performances. But, as I said before, Chiarelli will not fire him unless he's out of options; hence even with a couple of trades the Bruins will end up just like last year and the year before - teasing, but ultimately just also rans.