Time for Caron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Time for Caron

They got to get the Krejci line going.  2 games, 2 goals ?  Not going to win many games like that especially when the other team has a couple of players that can end the game on 1 shot.
    I say put in an energetic Caron on the line with Lucic and Krejci.   Bergeron line remains the same.  Peverley on the 3rd line and Rolston on the 4th.
    Scratch one of the wingers on the 4th.
    It's not a panic move, it's what makes sense after 2 goals in 2 games (almost 3 if you count the OT).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Time for Caron

Break up the only which has produced for us? No.

Caron on 4th line for Thornton.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Time for Caron:
    [QUOTE]Break up the only which has produced for us? No. Caron on 4th line for Thornton.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Peverley has played well with Kelly in the past and the trade off replacing Rolston with Peverley is a good one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Caron in is an interesting move.  But the real change will come if McQuaid is ready.  Any update on his condition?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to Time for Caron:
    [QUOTE]They got to get the Krejci line going.  2 games, 2 goals ?  Not going to win many games like that especially when the other team has a couple of players that can end the game on 1 shot. I say put in an energetic Caron on the line with Lucic and Krejci.   Bergeron line remains the same.  Peverley on the 3rd line and Rolston on the 4th. Scratch one of the wingers on the 4th. It's not a panic move, it's what makes sense after 2 goals in 2 games (almost 3 if you count the OT).
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I'm glad someone said it.  Caron is better than Paille.  Not as fast, but has better everything else.

The current Peverley isn't getting it done, either.  I'd even venture to say Horton, in the skybox for the past 3 months, could lace them up and do a better job then Pev's right now.  Horrendous 2 games; Last night he had Krech driving the slot over the blueline, with speed, and he broke out the duster..  A simple saucer to the hash-marks would have worked.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I would not lay this on Peverly. Caron does need to be in the line up and I am not sure who you move. You really cannot justify messing with the third line that makes no sense and you cannot mess with the 2nd line too much but a game with Peverly Bergeron and Marchand 
    Seguin Krejci and Lucic
    Rolston Kelly and Pou
    Paille Caron Thorton

sit Campbell for a game would not be a bad thing. He has been good on the power play but I think Paille has been just as effective.

Mattau needs to be in for Corvo this is silly still having him on the ice as a liability. 

Zannon looks like a keeper and does anyone have any word on Mcquaid at all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I would not lay this on Peverly. Caron does need to be in the line up and I am not sure who you move. You really cannot justify messing with the third line that makes no sense and you cannot mess with the 2nd line too much but a game with Peverly Bergeron and Marchand  Seguin Krejci and Lucic Rolston Kelly and Pou Paille Caron Thorton sit Campbell for a game would not be a bad thing. He has been good on the power play but I think Paille has been just as effective. Mattau needs to be in for Corvo this is silly still having him on the ice as a liability.  Zannon looks like a keeper and does anyone have any word on Mcquaid at all.
    Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]

You cannot sit Campbell, who will play center on the 4th line ?  Also Campbell plays center on the PK.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

How about flip flop Peverly for Seguin and Caron in for Paille. Caron is more physical and can also kill penalties so the B's lose nothing there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

CJ will roll the same lineup for game 3.  If they lose that one, we'll probably see Caron for game 4.  But the B's just played 2 pretty good hockey games, so no need to pull someone out of the line-up. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]CJ will roll the same lineup for game 3.  If they lose that one, we'll probably see Caron for game 4.  But the B's just played 2 pretty good hockey games, so no need to pull someone out of the line-up. 
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

That's it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

CJ will never sit Thornton over the rookie Caron, even if it will add offense...

Tough going for rookies on this team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]CJ will roll the same lineup for game 3.  If they lose that one, we'll probably see Caron for game 4.  But the B's just played 2 pretty good hockey games, so no need to pull someone out of the line-up. 

I agree.  They need to get better scoring opportunities and bury the chances they get.  But it's not time panic and make any moves.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Just have to get Thornton out of there.  Just have to.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]Just have to get Thornton out of there.  Just have to.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE

Do you feel he is worse than he was last year?  I don't.  He's the same. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time for Caron : [QUOTE]Just have to get Thornton out of there.  Just have to. Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE Do you feel he is worse than he was last year?  I don't.  He's the same. 

I won't bother looking at the stats, but I would bet that his hit count is down.  I don't believe I saw him hit anyone.  I saw him trying to challenge some guys, that's just not going to happen.  I think there's a huge difference from last year.  He was a spark plug in that series where he was sitting and they put him in, he tagged someone his first shift out.  I can't recall a hit he threw this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time for Caron : I won't bother looking at the stats, but I would bet that his hit count is down.  I don't believe I saw him hit anyone.  I saw him trying to challenge some guys, that's just not going to happen.  I think there's a huge difference from last year.  He was a spark plug in that series where he was sitting and they put him in, he tagged someone his first shift out.  I can't recall a hit he threw this year.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

True enough but the vibe is different vs. Washington and it's not Thornton's fault.  Last year it was Montreal, Philly and Vancouver - lots of hate there and it played right into Thornton's and the B's hand. 

Washington just isn't that kind of team. I mean really, who do we hate on that team?  No one!  We better find someone to hate fast or the damn Caps will lull us to sleep!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

they played the same in games 1 and 2.

threads after game 1: Kelly is the greatest.

threads after game 2: caron has to play.

we didn't play well and got beat, maybe hamill, spooner and camper should have played instead of krejci, lucic and peverly cause they were not good tonight.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time for Caron : True enough but the vibe is different vs. Washington and it's not Thornton's fault.  Last year it was Montreal, Philly and Vancouver - lots of hate there and it played right into Thornton's and the B's hand.  Washington just isn't that kind of team. I mean really, who do we hate on that team?  No one!  We better find someone to hate fast or the damn Caps will lull us to sleep!

They play a clean game.  No bull-wang.  No diving, no cheap shots, no whining.  They're so "un-hate-able" that the fans at the game boo Wideman because there is no one else to boo.  Who else could they hate?  Ovechkin is just a superstar.  Outside of Pittsburgh, I think 999 out of 1,000  hockey fans love that guy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]they played the same in games 1 and 2. threads after game 1: Kelly is the greatest. threads after game 2: caron has to play. we didn't play well and got beat, maybe hamill, spooner and camper should have played instead of krejci, lucic and peverly cause they were not good tonight.
    Posted by Neecic[/QUOTE]

That's pushing it too far and I'm not saying that.  I just say Thornton has to sit.  He would play better if kept cold and has something to prove.

Back to my favorite thing, stats.  look at them last year and this year for Thornton.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time for Caron : That's pushing it too far and I'm not saying that.  I just say Thornton has to sit.  He would play better if kept cold and has something to prove. Back to my favorite thing, stats.  look at them last year and this year for Thornton.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I'm all for mixing up the lines or changing the lineup if thats what the coach feels is needed but i was all for that after 2 periods of game 1.  i just find it funny that as soon as they lose a game this is urgent.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ipats. Show ipats's posts

[QUOTE]How about flip flop Peverly for Seguin and Caron in for Paille. Caron is more physical and can also kill penalties so the B's lose nothing there.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

I agree. Seguin gives the #1 line what it is missing--speed. Those guys clicked when they played together before. But the second line suffered.

I'd put Peverly on the second line, sit Rolson and insert Caron. The fourth line is doing what it is supposed to do.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Not urgent...just do a small move by inserting Caron in for Thornton or Paille;  I'd prefer Thornton to sit as his fighting skill set is not needed. 

Keep the first 3 lines together.   However, if the B's  are still having trouble scoring after 1 period,  shake up lines 1, 2 and 4.  Maybe swap out Caron for Peverley OR swap Peverly for Seguin...or some other iteration involving Seguin, Peverly, and Caron.  Leave Rolston, Pouliot, and Kelly together.

If the B's cannot get their first 2 lines scoring somehow, they are screwed no matter what.   It's too bad they can't put home a few goals because overall, each line is playing great D. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

as much as i like lucic ( the rotty in my pic's name is looch) he has been awful, my first thought is to swap him and marchand but thats our shutdown line so probably not a good idea.

i would drop him to the 3rd or 4th line for a period, have him focus on bonecrushers and then promote him back.  he always thrives when demoted and then thrives when promoted.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Your best players need to be your best players, especially at playoff time.  Looking at Krejci, Lucic, Seguin and Peverley to step it up.  Bergeron/Marchand as well, but to a lesser extent, as their shutdown game has been so good.

What ever happened to chip pucks in and work the Caps weak defense down low? Not seeing enough of the cycle game.  They should be working over Green, Wideman, Hamrlik, etc.

Line-up substitutions sound a little like panic or at least little nibbling on the margins.  Thornton played 8 minutes yesterday in a double-OT game, he wasn't the problem.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

No panic, just reality. Caron on Kreji's line gives more beef and net front to help both Looch and Kreji; Seguin did not have a very good game, but Bergie's line is creating chances; Add Peverly to Kelly and Pouliot; have Rolston fill out line four. Claude was quoted as saying "we need to win the battles". Bergie won the draw, Ference let his check get on top of Boychuck, Boychuck rushed and missed the puck; Johannson [ Ference's check] passed to Backstrom= goal.