Time for Lucic and Horton to start producing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Time for Lucic and Horton to start producing

Two of them combined have less goals than Marchand. Lucic started the year off by playing very physical, but latley he seems almost disinterested. There has to be something wrong there, he's not even getting his chances latley, and isnt engaging in any physical play. Could be playing hurt, I don't know, but he's been terrible the last handful of games.

Horton, i know he's sreaky, he missses the net high, but him too, non factor. Have to get these two going. I think krejci has been playing very well, and these two arent capatalizing on it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Time for Lucic and Horton to start producing

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Two of them combined have less goals than Marchand. Lucic started the year off by playing very physical, but latley he seems almost disinterested. There has to be something wrong there, he's not even getting his chances latley, and isnt engaging in any physical play. Could be playing hurt, I don't know, but he's been terrible the last handful of games.

Horton, i know he's sreaky, he missses the net high, but him too, non factor. Have to get these two going. I think krejci has been playing very well, and these two arent capatalizing on it.

I don't think we've seen all 3 play good at the same time for quite awhile now. Hopefully that changes tonight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No, No Peverley is a top six forward anywhere (Heh em...being shopped, no takers) he'll pick up the slack lol. They'll wake up tonight against this ECHL team that is in town but I know that I'm not impressed with their performances against the better defensive teams recently.

Yes Kelv line 1B (used to be line 1A) needs to wake their Phat daddy a z z es up for sure!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

There you go Dez, you just said it perfectly. I think Krejci has been the most consistent, really like to see the other two get going.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I'd personally like to see Horton traded. Not a huge fan. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

horton lucic dk all suck.  Kiss of good fortune delivered. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

Concur and his head issues scare me.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

You're lucky we can't deal you for those same reasons.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

you think hes the same player?  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Hortons year started to where we all new he could be, for whatever reason it has quieted may have something to do with that other winger on that line. Hortons been snake bitten a little too,how many just misses and bounces over his stick when theres a sure shot goal for him. The lines no good if all 3 are not working in the same mind set.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Nope but my comment (joking) was only about you and not him. Horton has done enough during his time in Boston that I'm willing to cut him some extra slack to see if he can turn his game back around. Bergeron took literally years to fully recover. I don't see Horton as being that far away from the player we grew used to seeing. He just needs to get his confidence back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Nope but my comment (joking) was only about you and not him. Horton has done enough during his time in Boston that I'm willing to cut him some extra slack to see if he can turn his game back around. Bergeron took literally years to fully recover. I don't see Horton as being that far away from the player we grew used to seeing. He just needs to get his confidence back.

Words hurt dez.  Im willing to take another playoff run with him as well.  But i dont wanna over pay for him next year.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

horton lucic dk all suck.  Kiss of good fortune delivered.

The "Reverse Shup!"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

IT's highly possible that Peter has been trying, but no one wants to take a chance with Horton's game being what it is now. On the other hand, Lucic's lack of spirit doesn't add up.  Could be that both have heard the same coaches comments for so long that nothing is getting through since both have been earning millions for too long, and have lost interest . Certainly when they see Thornton earning one million for what is minimum ice time and minimum skill, the desire may have faded and the grass may look greener elsewhere.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Both are impactful players.  We've seen Lucic experience highs and lows before and will again.  Horton might be still trying to find his form after his injury. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

The "Reverse Shup!"

"What is this? Bizarro world?"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Words hurt dez.  Im willing to take another playoff run with him as well.  But i dont wanna over pay for him next year.  

Certainly can if used properly. I agree about holding off to see what he does before offering Horton a new deal. I really like his game when he's going good but I must admit those nights have been getting rarer.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Certainly can if used properly. I agree about holding off to see what he does before offering Horton a new deal. I really like his game when he's going good but I must admit those nights have been getting rarer.

Was huge in the cup run.  I think his phyical beast play is bc of his head issues.  Hes trying to stay healthy to land that one last big pay day.  if im him im doing the exact same thing no matter how many on here want the old horton

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

The "Reverse Shup!"

"What is this? Bizarro world?"

Everytime i questioned a player in the past they went on a tear.  its the shupe kiss of luck.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Everytime i questioned a player in the past they went on a tear.  its the shupe kiss of luck.  

A hanging uspide down, kissing Mary Jane in the rain, black spidey kind of kiss?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

A hanging uspide down, kissing Mary Jane in the rain, black spidey kind of kiss?

Well said.  And yes.  U know mary jane likes blk spidey better then reg geek boy spidey

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Calm down, Bogie.  I don't think either guy is mooning over a chance to play elsewhere.  My first thought about Lucic's game was to wonder if he lost something after his "personal matter" missed game.  But...nope - at least offensively.  In his first 12, Lucic had 3 goals and 8 points.  He has 1 goal and 6 points in 11 games since.  If he has a two goal game against Florida tonight, the two 12 game stretches will be identical.

Worth noting, though, that Lucic's ice is down.  He's taking fewer than 20 shifts more often than not since Feb 17th.  Before then, he had between 20 and 25 shifts every game.  Chicken or egg?  Hard to say.  That line got torched by Buffalo and was -2 on the 15th, but they were only in the negatives three times up to that point, and Lucic was +2 overall.  Is that worthy of reduced ice time?

Oh, sorry, I've been forgetting...Fat Daddy may just be hitting a wall and the decreased ice is Julien trying to "right-size" his icetime.  Fat Daddy could also be dealing with a lack of sleep when they're at home given that he's a new daddy.  Fat Daddy is a professional, and these shouldn't be excuses, but they seem more likely reasons for Fat Daddy to lack the jump to get in and hit guys - as opposed to hit them late - and back check the way he has in the past.  (His back check is one of the things people underestimate about him.  When he's going hard, the back pressure he puts on guys must be unnerving because he can just push people off the puck, or, if the guy turns back, he might find himself skating face first into a bull.)

Or maybe he's just fat and it's catching up to him?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

re: trading Horton - same as trading anyone else, it depends on what you get in return.

There's a right price for everything.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Well said.  And yes.  U know mary jane likes blk spidey better then reg geek boy spidey

They always like the bad boy.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I am not all that worried about either guy.  Looch has the new baby and probably hasn't been getting a full nights sleep when at home and I was expecting some up and downs from Horton this year.