Time to move Eriksson and Iginla...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Re: Time to move Eriksson and Iginla...

Dont think Eriksson is going anywhere and the lines will stay the same for now.  Iginlas line has looked good, no need to break it up.  Although Eriksson has not been lighting it up, he has not been a hinderance either.  Can be used confidently at the end of a game while protecting a lead or short handed, but also has the potential to pot one every now and then.  Lets not forget that he has only one minus game in a Bruins uniform which came on a Bruins victory.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

PC has to be working on a trade ....no way an intelligent GM would keep so many talented players in the AHL and keep ST in the line up, something is going to happen before Christmas....Eric Staal could become a BRUIN......

[/QUOTE]
    So who do they trade to free up space for staals 8.2m a year lol

Soderberg + Caron + Malcom + Kelly ....buy out mr Turtle and you are not far away from $8mm

[/QUOTE]

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

That's just over 5 million - still would need 3 more - nevermind that Carolina would not make that trade (and that it wouldn't really be a huge benefit for the Bruins, in so much that you're trying to fix something that's not broken.)

Staal also has an NTC btw.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Sigh - they're in first place in their conference with games in hand on four of the teams chasing them, they've picked up 16 points out of 20 in their last 10 games and they've been able to continue to win with 2 of their top 6 D in the infirmary. Why are we into the Match.com threads already?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

He was talking about a trade and so am I - questioning why the Bruins would want to do it? What net benefit does it do for the B's? What is it's purpose? They're current success isn't a "Salvation escape." It's an extremely relevant detail in any trade decisions.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think Iginla and his line are playing excellent.  Wouldn't change a thing there.  Eriksson's a bit boring, but he's playing at around a 50-point pace, not too much different than his Dallas days - especially when considering reduction in role, ice time and his head injury.  I wouldn't change the first line or the third line, so I would just keep running with the second as-is and hopefully they step it up a notch in the next quarter.  I actually put more blame on Bergeron and Marchand for it being a little bit sub-par.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sigh - they're in first place in their conference with games in hand on four of the teams chasing them, they've picked up 16 points out of 20 in their last 10 games and they've been able to continue to win with 2 of their top 6 D in the infirmary. Why are we into the Match.com threads already?

[/QUOTE]

Because we have certain members of our fan base who should be Penguins fans.  They want a high scoring team that puts up regular season points and seem to prefer that to winning Stanley Cups.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Both Loui and Iginla are upgrades over Seguin and Horton for the style the Bruins play. Both are great all around players.

All I care about is the record and how they're playing. As long as that's good, I care less about what the stat sheet is telling me.

I don't think I've seen one goal against the Bs where I say "wow that was Loui/Iginla's fault", I remember saying that alot about Tyler and Nathan.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

And to the Staal trade, why would he accept a trade when he's finally playing with his brother? Why would he jump ship?

And yeah, we'd have Staal but we'd have no third line. Why is that acceptable?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Some say they gave up on Seguin too soon because he's lighting it up in 22 regular season games for Dallas.

And some say give up on a guy who HAS SCORED 36 goals in the NHL after a slow start 18 games.

Why patience with a 21 year old for 22 playoff games, but a 28 year old we should give up on him immediately?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

When Ashton was a Jet, the Jets were a bad team - only made the playoffs one out his three years and lost in the first in seven games  (Oilers in 90). I think you're thinking about earlier namely 83-88. In those six years they were knocked out time and again by either the Oilers and Flames. The thing about those teams though, is they weren't an overly balanced squad. Like everyone in the Smythe they played an open style of fire-wagon hockey. They tried to beat the Flames and Oilers at their own game with offensive depth and they got schooled over and over again. A more defensive style of play may have gotten them out of the Smythe.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some say they gave up on Seguin too soon because he's lighting it up in 22 regular season games for Dallas.

And some say give up on a guy who HAS SCORED 36 goals in the NHL after a slow start 18 games.

Why patience with a 21 year old for 22 playoff games, but a 28 year old we should give up on him immediately?

[/QUOTE]

Let's also ignore the fact that Loui has 70+ points in each of the last 3 full seasons he's played in this league. I don't know what to tell you BH. Some folks wouldn't recognize consistency if they got run over by it. Happy to see that you know better though. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

That team was not strong defensively at all - they had only two players who were over plus 10 - Taglianetti and Smail. They had 16 players that finished the season as minuses. It also wasn't good offensively, not for that era. Pat Elnyuik and Paul Fenton were their top goal scorers for cripes sake. That was a bad team that lucked into the playoffs (Because 4 out of the five got in automatically) and then by a miracle was able to take theb Oilers to 7 games.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

In response to red75's comment:

[QUOTE]

Because we have certain members of our fan base who should be Penguins fans.  They want a high scoring team that puts up regular season points and seem to prefer that to winning Stanley Cups.

[/QUOTE]

News flash the pens do have a cup and Chicago who is the team to beat some good offensive weapons. ASK RED IF THE JETS  WON THE CUP WHEN THEY HAD I THINK IT WAS 6 20plus gs the days of brent ashton and ask who beat them read posts all I care about is playoffs and if you want to beat teams like Chicago we sare going to have to be deeper offensively now hopefully Cs can be a big help with that .

[/QUOTE]

News flash the pens have won nothing since taking advantage of Crosby's and Malkin's entry level contracts.  News flash the players the Bruins have traded are nothing like Kane and Toews, I highly doubt we would have traded them if they were Bruins.  Do we beat Chicago last year with a healthy Bergeron?  I think so.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Now I'm lost - I thought you were trying to make a point out of favouring offensive depth for the playoffs moreso than D. Those Jets had neither. Bad team, and getting ahead of the Oilers was a miracle. If by a fluke they'd finished them off in game five, they'd have had their heads stomped on by either the Kings or Blackhawks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Side note..... top four scorers in November: Reilly Smith, Loui Eriksson, Torey Krug and Carl Sodeberg. 

I would have guessed that there are several other players with more points than these 4.