Time to recall Jordan Caron?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Time to recall Jordan Caron?

Caron finally seems 100% healthy and hitting his stride in providence. with Bourque's reduced minutes and the deadline apporaching it seems like a good time. maybe he can give the thrid line a lift and a little more grit. i mean it's probably is his last chance to shine in Boston so I'm sure the motivation is there.............What do you all think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Time to recall Jordan Caron?

What stride is that? 

Last 15 games:  3g, 3a

Last 5 games: 1g, 0a

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Bourque's a 17gp with 4 points.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

Bourque's a 17gp with 4 points.

In the NHL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

What stride is that? 

Sadly, those numbers are better than what Bourque is doing in Boston in a 3rd line role. I know you're thinking, " it's the NHL for God's sake" but bear with me. The Bruins have got a 1st line AHLer in Bourque playing 3rd and 4th line NHL minutes and not producing. Then there's Caron who is playing the 3rd line role in Prov because that's what he does. You see, I put very little stock in what his numbers are in Prov while playing with Hanson and Robins because I've seen him do better with good players in the NHL. You see, Caron's size and skill set are better suited for a 3rd line role than Bourque's and I'd bet dimes to donuts that he'd produce just as much in the role as Bourque has. It would also be accompanied by a rise in the other 3rd line player's numbers to boot. I'd stake my lack of a reputation on it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

What stride is that? 

Sadly, those numbers are better than what Bourque is doing in Boston in a 3rd line role. I know you're thinking, " it's the NHL for God's sake" but bear with me. The Bruins have got a 1st line AHLer in Bourque playing 3rd and 4th line NHL minutes and not producing. Then there's Caron who is playing the 3rd line role in Prov because that's what he does. You see, I put very little stock in what his numbers are in Prov while playing with Hanson and Robins because I've seen him do better with good players in the NHL. You see, Caron's size and skill set are better suited for a 3rd line role than Bourque's and I'd bet dimes to donuts that he'd produce just as much in the role as Bourque has. It would also be accompanied by a rise in the other 3rd line player's numbers to boot. I'd stake my lack of a reputation on it.

Good one Dez.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

What stride is that? 

A judgement on points scored alone isn't smart. he's skating and playing much better.........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to riptide757's comment:

Caron finally seems 100% healthy and hitting his stride in providence. with Bourque's reduced minutes and the deadline apporaching it seems like a good time. maybe he can give the thrid line a lift and a little more grit. i mean it's probably is his last chance to shine in Boston so I'm sure the motivation is there.............What do you all think?

Yes i think they should call him up and see what he can do,he had a stretch last year where he was very good,and i don't think Bourque is the guy for the third line,not sure if Caron is either but give him a try,than they can decide what they need when it get's closer to trade deadline,with all these games they have this month,i would like to see more of Sponner,and Tardiff,you never no,if Bruins start getting injuries,they may need some depth

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

It what it is. Caron is a young first round pick with much more potential while Bourque is an ahl journeyman. if he's healthy it makes sense to call him up now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

It what it is. Caron is a young first round pick with much more potential while Bourque is an ahl journeyman. if he's healthy it makes sense to call him up now.

Yes i guess the only problem with Bourque is they might loose him on waivers if they try to send to minors

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

seems like he scored a nice goal tonight.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

A judgement on points scored alone isn't smart. he's skating and playing much better.........

It is when one of the biggest knocks on the guy he'd be replacing is points.  If Caron can't score in the AHL, how can he score on NHL goalies?

If there are guys who failed on the score sheet in the minors but suddenly succeded in the NHL, I don't know of them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

It is when one of the biggest knocks on the guy he'd be replacing is points.  If Caron can't score in the AHL, how can he score on NHL goalies?

If there are guys who failed on the score sheet in the minors but suddenly succeded in the NHL, I don't know of them.

Have you ever heard of a player being better in the NHL than he is in the AHL? People aren't harping on Bourque for his lack of production. It's more about his inability to provide anything tangible to the chemistry of the 3rd line. If you're not going to be a hard checking, defensive stalwart who can kill penalties, then you'd better put up some numbers to make up for it. Bourque hasn't done much of either. Caron can do positive things when he's not scoring. Bourque doesn't seem like he can.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Well Caron has probably 10 or more goals in the couple of part seasons he been in NHL,and Bourque has 2 goals in the 5 or six seasons he has been around,don't t get me wrong i think Bourque has talent,but I think it is for Providence,just hope they can get him back down there without losing him

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

If PC pulls off a trade or two I can see Caron staying in Prov for the duration of the season. Not the worst idea in the world. He needs more consistency to his game....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

What stride is that? 

Time to eat alittle crow dez. I would like to admit that I may have overstated bourques quality of work for the bruins this year and also compairing bourque with Caron's skill set. Bourque has slowly but surely played his way into press box. So I was wrong ill admit it

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to LoyalBlackNGold's comment:
    [QUOTE

Time to eat a little crow dez. I would like to admit that I may have overstated bourques quality of work for the bruins this year and also compairing bourque with Caron's skill set. Bourque has slowly but surely played his way into press box. So I was wrong ill admit it

[/QUOTE]

Bourque has been OK but the role that they need him to play doesn't translate well to his skill set.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Have you ever heard of a player being better in the NHL than he is in the AHL? People aren't harping on Bourque for his lack of production. It's more about his inability to provide anything tangible to the chemistry of the 3rd line. If you're not going to be a hard checking, defensive stalwart who can kill penalties, then you'd better put up some numbers to make up for it. Bourque hasn't done much of either. Caron can do positive things when he's not scoring. Bourque doesn't seem like he can.

I know that people here talk about players like that, but I can't think of one right away...and don't feel like doing any research right now lol.  Can you help me out with a few examples?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I know that people here talk about players like that, but I can't think of one right away...and don't feel like doing any research right now lol.  Can you help me out with a few examples?

I was going to say Marchand but then again he was pretty good in the AHL also . What about Lucic ?  I think he looked better in the NHL than he did in the AHL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I was going to say Marchand but then again he was pretty good in the AHL also . What about Lucic ?  I think he looked better in the NHL than he did in the AHL

Lucic was never in the AHL. From Juniors to NHL as a rookie.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Lucic hasn't played a shift in the AHL.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Sorry then I thought he did

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Sorry then I thought he did

No worries. Happens to the best of us....:)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

cripes !  I was thinking of Reich and then translated it to Lucic.

What Lucic's number he played with a few games before he started ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

cripes !  I was thinking of Reich and then translated it to Lucic.

What Lucic's number he played with a few games before he started ?