Time to rest Recchi

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

Time to rest Recchi

I love Recchi as much as anybody but in my opinion he seems to have tailed off lately [watch him score twice tonight!!]..I think he needs to be rested so he will be raring to go in the postseason.Anybody else feel Mark has looked tired lately?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Time to rest Recchi

Recchi has three points in March and is fifth on the scoring list.

Bergeron has four points in March and is third on the scoring list.

Marchand has two points in March and is eighth on the scoring list.

The entire line has been awful.  Just because Recchi is old, it doesn't mean he's the problem.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Yes, just because someone hasn't scored doesn't mean it's because they are old.  He rests on off days, he should be fine on game days, just like the rest of the team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Every time I start to agree to reduce Recchi's ice time he proves me wrong and has a strong game. So, I am going to say "Mark, you need a rest." Hopefully he will score the winner tonight now.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

There you go.  He helped set it up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

You don't get put in the Hall of Fame for nothin'

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't think that Recchi has been awful but he should rest a few games now that the Bruins have clinched a playoff birth that wouldn't be a bad thing. Oh by the way with his assist on the game winning goal he passes Paul Coffey on the all time points list tonight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I think one of CJ's biggest mistakes is to have him on the PK! When you've got Campbell, Paille, Kelley, Bergeron, Marchand and Peverly... why would you use him for this?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

What he lacks in physical prowess he more than makes up for in hockey smarts.  He has seen it all and knows how to react to every situation on the ice.  I think that he still makes the players around him better.  If it had been Ryder out there on that power play instead of Recchi, the puck would have bounced over his stick like it always does.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

In Response to Re: Time to rest Recchi:
    [QUOTE]Recchi has three points in March and is fifth on the scoring list. Bergeron has four points in March and is third on the scoring list. Marchand has two points in March and is eighth on the scoring list. The entire line has been awful.  Just because Recchi is old, it doesn't mean he's the problem.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    I didn't suggest he was the problem.He played well tonight .I think he could help us more in the playoffs ,if he had a 4-5 day break now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

He will play 6 more and rest the final game of the season, he will be in 4th all time for games played, passing Chelios in his 6th game.

He is also be 9 assists behind Gilmour for 12th all time and 48 points behind Bourque for 11th all time.

If he could get 6PPG he would pass Yzerman Gretz and Sakis for 12th.

If no cup he will probably be back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I knew he wouldn't fail me......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

You don't rest a 42 yr old. If you do, he might not make it back. 
    You might pull back a bite on his ice time, but you can't ice him.