Time to use Providence

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Re: Time to use Providence

Arniel, and Suave.
    For pure goal scoring ability Suave is the guy, I watched him shooting in rookie camp, holy hell what hands. Arniel is pure hustle. I don't think any of the guys in Providence have any notable amount of snarl beyond Reich and McGratton, and Reich we'd probably lose on waivers anyway. 

In Response to Re: Time to use Providence:
    [QUOTE]Yup .. time for Jordan Caron to make a name for himself.  Any other possibilities?  Joe Colborne?
    Posted by olsonstephanie[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

You mean like how Lucic and Kessel earned their way onto Savards wings?

Or how Krejci earned his way out of Providence?

Or how Sobotka stayed up as long as he played well (and sometimes longer)?

Or McQuaid, or Boychuck, or Rask, or ...

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to use Providence : Not the same.  Kampfer played 4 years of pro style hockey at Michigan, brings a skill set the Bruins desperately lack (d-men who can skate, make a first pass and carry the puck) and most importantly they had injuries on defense. Not to mention the fact Kampfer was leading the P-B's in +- and I believe points when he was called up. Not sure if you've seen any Providence Bruins games but there is no one down there even close to being as ready as Kampfer to play significant minutes on the blue line at the NHL.  Unless the Bruins made a trade to bring someone else in, Claude had no choice but to go with Kampfer due to injuries. Outside of the circumstances that lead to Kampfer's promotion CJ has never given significant ice time or responsbility to young players.  Not his style. Never has been, never will be.  Defensive and responsible play is his style and simply doesn't trust rookies or young players unless he's forced to.  The only other exception I've seen to this rule lately is Caron however CJ was limiting his ice time to virtually special teams and management thought he'd benefit more from significantly more minutes in Providence. 
    Posted by bobforte2002[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Comparing using Whitfield last year to potentially using him this year is absurd.

Last years PBruins were wretched. Mikko Lehtonnen was the only PBruin to pass 20 goals, most of the team was rookies or career minor leaguers, not many prospects with a legit shot, and little leadership.

By comparison N-A-S's favorite player Zach Hamill had a total of 44 points all season in 75 games last year, this year he's got 27 through 42. Arniel was in his first year last season and posted 12-16-28 -6 in  67, this year he's at 14 -15 - 29 -1 in 44, and is the teams top scorer. Matt Dalton even has better numbers this year. http://theahl.com/stats/player.php?id=3306

[QUOTE]                 "Sauv   Seg   Caron anything is worth a try." I would love to see that N0.4 but they would get manhandled in the corners in both ends but the counter attack would be fun to watch. Oh the Bruins with that kind of speed oh how fun next season we'll see Sauve and Seguin together hopefully Terry Murray will be the coach because he knows how to coach the counter attack watched it all last night live. Yes GOAT we'll probably see Witfield before long :shakehead:
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Time to use Providence:[QUOTE]Cj flaps his jaws just like he did in saying players have to step up and score. Watching the preseason play of Sauve, I thought he was our most explosive rookie if not player, he seemed to fly on every shift, he is what I want to see. Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

http://theahl.com/stats/official-game-report.php?game_id=1008011

Sauve is the guy I've been touting the most and he's picked it back up as of late Max potted two more tonight. Ahh the new an improved French connection Bruin style N0.4Bobby Sauve-Bergeron-Caron I say let er rip...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I'd love to see the Bruins break camp with that line next year, it could be an 80 goal line.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to use Providence : http://theahl.com/stats/official-game-report.php?game_id=1008011 Sauve is the guy I've been touting the most and he's picked it back up as of late Max potted two more tonight. Ahh the new an improved French connection Bruin style N0.4Bobby Sauve-Bergeron-Caron I say let er rip...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Arniel, and Suave. For pure goal scoring ability Suave is the guy, I watched him shooting in rookie camp, holy hell what hands. Arniel is pure hustle. I don't think any of the guys in Providence have any notable amount of snarl beyond Reich and McGratton, and Reich we'd probably lose on waivers anyway.  In Response to Re: Time to use Providence :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]
    McDermid has plenty of snarl(just like his Dad).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

[QUOTE]You mean like how Lucic and Kessel earned their way onto Savards wings? Or how Krejci earned his way out of Providence? Or how Sobotka stayed up as long as he played well (and sometimes longer)? Or McQuaid, or Boychuck, or Rask, or ... In Response to Re: Time to use Providence :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

You're just making my point for me.  Krejci, Sobotka, Mcquaid, Boychuck and Rask all played their way out of Providence after YEARS in the minors. 

The people you're suggesting being moved up HAVE NOT done th same.  Colbrone, Sauve, Arniel and especially Hamill HAVE NOT earned a shot for various reasons. (some haven't developed skill set wise, others physically, others mentally and none of them have been in the minors all that long).

In the case of Lucic, Kessel and Seguin they were high picks that made the team out of camp and all were brought along very slowly until they were ready to make contributions and earn more ice time in Claude's eyes and they all made the team as much for the skill sets as to sell tickets and be part of the Bruins marketing machine.  Marchand is cracking it, yet it's Seguin on the Dunkin Donuts commercials.  Coincidence?

Thus again if anyone thinks any of the players down in Providence are going to be brought up and given any significant chance of contributing and getting legit ice time is smoking it.

NOTHING in the past with Claude and management suggests this.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

March Berg
    Sauve Seguin Caron
    Savard   Paille

Who will be the French Connection

Maybe add Riendeau, Goulet, Roussel,

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Krejci and Sobotka barely spoke english when the landed here. Boychuck couldn't skate and didn't know what to do in his own end. McQuaid was about 15th on the depth chart a couple years ago.

Lucic was a second round pick.

Sobotka spilt all of his seasons with the Bruins between Boston & Providence, and played more of his first season in Boston than Providence.

Krejci was a 63rd pick and had already been in Providence when CJ arrived, but got his shot from CJ despite being young, small and not notably physical.

Very, very, very few goalies make it out of the AHL in 2 years or less and stay in the NHL, he wasn't even 21 until he'd been in Boston a while.

And when you are trying to get a team that can win to play consistently an 18 or 19 yr old with far wider and faster mood swings is not always the best thing to add to the mix.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to use Providence : You're just making my point for me.  Krejci, Sobotka, Mcquaid, Boychuck and Rask all played their way out of Providence after YEARS in the minors.  The people you're suggesting being moved up HAVE NOT done th same.  Colbrone, Sauve, Arniel and especially Hamill HAVE NOT earned a shot for various reasons. (some haven't developed skill set wise, others physically, others mentally and none of them have been in the minors all that long). In the case of Lucic, Kessel and Seguin they were high picks that made the team out of camp and all were brought along very slowly until they were ready to make contributions and earn more ice time in Claude's eyes and they all made the team as much for the skill sets as to sell tickets and be part of the Bruins marketing machine.  Marchand is cracking it, yet it's Seguin on the Dunkin Donuts commercials.  Coincidence? Thus again if anyone thinks any of the players down in Providence are going to be brought up and given any significant chance of contributing and getting legit ice time is smoking it. NOTHING in the past with Claude and management suggests this.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Hmm, some of those guys aren't even Bruins property anymore.

[QUOTE]March Berg Sauve Seguin Caron Savard   Paille Who will be the French Connection Maybe add Riendeau, Goulet, Roussel,
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to use Providence : You're just making my point for me.  Krejci, Sobotka, Mcquaid, Boychuck and Rask all played their way out of Providence after YEARS in the minors.  The people you're suggesting being moved up HAVE NOT done th same.  Colbrone, Sauve, Arniel and especially Hamill HAVE NOT earned a shot for various reasons. (some haven't developed skill set wise, others physically, others mentally and none of them have been in the minors all that long). In the case of Lucic, Kessel and Seguin they were high picks that made the team out of camp and all were brought along very slowly until they were ready to make contributions and earn more ice time in Claude's eyes and they all made the team as much for the skill sets as to sell tickets and be part of the Bruins marketing machine.  Marchand is cracking it, yet it's Seguin on the Dunkin Donuts commercials.  Coincidence? Thus again if anyone thinks any of the players down in Providence are going to be brought up and given any significant chance of contributing and getting legit ice time is smoking it. NOTHING in the past with Claude and management suggests this.
    Well I'm glad you showed up to enlighten me to all these things I was unaware of.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to use Providence : Not the same.  Kampfer played 4 years of pro style hockey at Michigan, brings a skill set the Bruins desperately lack (d-men who can skate, make a first pass and carry the puck) and most importantly they had injuries on defense. Not to mention the fact Kampfer was leading the P-B's in +- and I believe points when he was called up. Not sure if you've seen any Providence Bruins games but there is no one down there even close to being as ready as Kampfer to play significant minutes on the blue line at the NHL.  Unless the Bruins made a trade to bring someone else in, Claude had no choice but to go with Kampfer due to injuries. Outside of the circumstances that lead to Kampfer's promotion CJ has never given significant ice time or responsbility to young players.  Not his style. Never has been, never will be.  Defensive and responsible play is his style and simply doesn't trust rookies or young players unless he's forced to.  The only other exception I've seen to this rule lately is Caron however CJ was limiting his ice time to virtually special teams and management thought he'd benefit more from significantly more minutes in Providence. 

You are kidding right, prostyle hockey at U of M, such a hotbed for Nhl stars.  Univ program is mostly a place for decent hockey players to get their education and for some to prolong their hockey and hope to get a shot. Very, very few become bonafide NHL players.

Sauve is NHL ready just as March was last year, it is whether Cj utilizes him, to his potential or not.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonbruins69. Show bostonbruins69's posts

[QUOTE]Providence suxs. Last place in the AHL. Any talent is already in Boston. Time to get Miroslav Satan's phone number
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]
     Dude, you are by far the worst to post ever.  Providence is loaded with young, exceptional players.  They just need time to develop.  A majority of the baby B's are in there first professional season.  Oh, and last I checked, Providence was in 5th out of 7 in there own division and are currently 10th in there conference, 5 points out of last playoff spot.  They've also won 5 of there last 6.  There is plenty of potential in Providence.  My guess is either Caron or Arniel will get the call at some point

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

For those who care Providence won last night 4-2 and are now only 2 points out of forth with a game in hand.  Sauve with a 2 goal performance.

http://theahl.com/tue-roundup-sauve-powers-b-s-past-whale-p169015

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsRock. Show BsRock's posts

I don't care who gets the call up.  Just play somebody else other then paille, please.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to use Providence : You are kidding right, prostyle hockey at U of M, such a hotbed for Nhl stars.  Univ program is mostly a place for decent hockey players to get their education and for some to prolong their hockey and hope to get a shot. Very, very few become bonafide NHL players. Sauve is NHL ready just as March was last year, it is whether Cj utilizes him, to his potential or not.

Agreed. It will be how CJ utlizes anyone they bring up and based on how he's handled just about every rookie or green player they do bring up it will be something like this.  No power play time, maybe some PK (but at this point I doubt it) 6-8 minutes a game.  So in other words what's the point of them brining anyone up down there.  Kampfer is it as for as legit Providence contribuors this year.  Caron an outside shot but again if he does make it he'll only see significant minutes on the PK.  Unless more injuries occur or a trade opens the door, thems the facts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to use Providence : You are kidding right, prostyle hockey at U of M, such a hotbed for Nhl stars.  Univ program is mostly a place for decent hockey players to get their education and for some to prolong their hockey and hope to get a shot. Very, very few become bonafide NHL players. Sauve is NHL ready just as March was last year, it is whether Cj utilizes him, to his potential or not.

Um yeah Sauve's NHL ready for sure. Last year he played 2 games in Providence and this year 26 games.  If that doesn't say NHL ready I don't what does.  Please.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to use Providence : Agreed. It will be how CJ utlizes anyone they bring up and based on how he's handled just about every rookie or green player they do bring up it will be something like this.  No power play time, maybe some PK (but at this point I doubt it) 6-8 minutes a game.  So in other words what's the point of them brining anyone up down there.  Kampfer is it as for as legit Providence contribuors this year.  Caron an outside shot but again if he does make it he'll only see significant minutes on the PK.  Unless more injuries occur or a trade opens the door, thems the facts.
    It seems to me that Marchand was expected to be in Providence again this year so I consider him to be a legit contributor from Providence that has earned the ice time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to use Providence : It seems to me that Marchand was expected to be in Providence again this year so I consider him to be a legit contributor from Providence that has earned the ice time.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I won't agrue Marchand's contribution. Not my point. He was not considered absolutely Providence bound going into training camp.  In fact it was widely assumed he'd fight for a spot on the fourth line.

My point again is that the Bruins and Claude in particular do not give rookies and green players a lot of ice time and chances to develop at the pro level unless they have to (due to injuries), Team and Fan expectations (Lucic, Kessell, Seguin), or if the player has spent a good deal in the minros (with the Bruins or not). Marchand paid his dues in Providence and had a fourth line skill set the Bruins liked and needed (agitator, some scoring touch, played hard). 

No one down in Providence with upside has a lot of minor experience outside of maybe Hamill and based on his three years down there and the one game he played with the big club last year nothing indicates he's ready or that the Bruins want him up with the club this year.  Based on his performance, should he not be traded, the Bruins may not even sign him when his contract expires at the end of this year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Savvvy. Show Savvvy's posts

[QUOTE]I don't care who gets the call up.  Just play somebody else other then paille, please.
    Posted by BsRock[/QUOTE]

Not going to happen. CJ likes playing it safe.

Arniel, Caron, Hamil, to a lesser extent Colborne have earned a couple games based on thier play in Pro or thier time with the B's.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to use Providence : I won't agrue Marchand's contribution. Not my point. He was not considered absolutely Providence bound going into training camp.  In fact it was widely assumed he'd fight for a spot on the fourth line. My point again is that the Bruins and Claude in particular do not give rookies and green players a lot of ice time and chances to develop at the pro level unless they have to (due to injuries), Team and Fan expectations (Lucic, Kessell, Seguin), or if the player has spent a good deal in the minros (with the Bruins or not). Marchand paid his dues in Providence and had a fourth line skill set the Bruins liked and needed (agitator, some scoring touch, played hard).  No one down in Providence with upside has a lot of minor experience outside of maybe Hamill and based on his three years down there and the one game he played with the big club last year nothing indicates he's ready or that the Bruins want him up with the club this year.  Based on his performance, should he not be traded, the Bruins may not even sign him when his contract expires at the end of this year.
    Was Hamill's 1 point in 1 game not worthy of another opportunity?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to use Providence : Was Hamill's 1 point in 1 game not worthy of another opportunity?

Um no.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to use Providence : Um no.
    I see.Care to elaborate or does it not matter that Hamill's game has improved?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to use Providence : I see.Care to elaborate or does it not matter that Hamill's game has improved?

Improve yes.  However improve is relative as considering he's been nothing short of terrible for most of his P-B's career, thus any slight improvement this year, well would be considered an improvement.  

They also need a scoring winger with some level of grit to their game and a puck moving defenseman.  Not another soft center with one game of NHL experience that in three years has done nothing to demonstrably show he's going to be even a marginal third line center at the NHL level.  

Third year in Providence, 42 games played this year, 3 goals and 24 assists against AHL talent that it this point in his career he should be dominating if he's going to be a legit NHLer.

He doesn't have Marchand's type of speed, goal scoring touch, toughness, PK ability or grit/agitation to his game.  He's  soft center that scores very few goals with his only legit asset is his playmaking ability. 

We already have soft centers that don't score many goals.  Another one is not what this team needs.  Wheeler, Bergeron, Krejci, Campbell, Seguin all bring more to the table at center than Hamill.

Is he better than Paille?  Sure he is, maybe.  But the fourth line is the only line he'd play on with the big club and he will not supplant Campbell at center on that line.

What's you're exact rationale on Hamill anyway?  The team doesn't have a role for him, or need really, and he really hasn't done anything in Providence to warrant a look.  Beyond playing less shitty this year than he played the previous two years.  

If any forward down there is going to get a shot it's likely Sauve. He's played almost 20 less games than Hamill and has scored 9 more goals than Hamill and has only scored 10 less overall points.  He's a winger, plays with an edge, has size and speed.  All things Hamill is not and all things the Bruins could use more than Hamill's soft center play.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to use Providence : Improve yes.  However improve is relative as considering he's been nothing short of terrible for most of his P-B's career, thus any slight improvement this year, well would be considered an improvement.   They also need a scoring winger with some level of grit to their game and a puck moving defenseman.  Not another soft center with one game of NHL experience that in three years has done nothing to demonstrably show he's going to be even a marginal third line center at the NHL level.   Third year in Providence, 42 games played this year, 3 goals and 24 assists against AHL talent that it this point in his career he should be dominating if he's going to be a legit NHLer. He doesn't have Marchand's type of speed, goal scoring touch, toughness, PK ability or grit/agitation to his game.  He's  soft center that scores very few goals with his only legit asset is his playmaking ability.  We already have soft centers that don't score many goals.  Another one is not what this team needs.  Wheeler, Bergeron, Krejci, Campbell, Seguin all bring more to the table at center than Hamill. Is he better than Paille?  Sure he is, maybe.  But the fourth line is the only line he'd play on with the big club and he will not supplant Campbell at center on that line. What's you're exact rationale on Hamill anyway?  The team doesn't have a role for him, or need really, and he really hasn't done anything in Providence to warrant a look.  Beyond playing less shitty this year than he played the previous two years.   If any forward down there is going to get a shot it's likely Sauve. He's played almost 20 less games than Hamill and has scored 9 more goals than Hamill and has only scored 10 less overall points.  He's a winger, plays with an edge, has size and speed.  All things Hamill is not and all things the Bruins could use more than Hamill's soft center play.
    Oh.You see I thought Boston just lost a center to injury so figured he might very well be replaced by another one.Hamill is just an example of someone who COULD be brought into the lineup regardless of what you're vast expertise is telling you.I realize now that you're an expert hockey mind and I'm just a layman but it turns out we just don't agree on what Boston's options in Providence are.I don't know why you're bothering to mention Sauve as I thought you said CJ wouldn't give significant time to any of the youngsters.That's what led to this debate but anyway..........