Timely Saves

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Timely Saves

I fully agree.  It's just one of those buzzwords that is spewed by the media guys (and the parrots here).  It makes zero sense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Those of us who have played the game know what it means...

Pretty sure Andy Brickley knows what he is talking about.

Is timley hitting in baseball a media spewed term?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Quite possibly the most overrated phrase IMO is "the vulnerable minute"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Timely Saves:
    [QUOTE]Those of us who have played the game know what it means... Pretty sure Andy Brickley knows what he is talking about. Is timley hitting in baseball a media spewed term?
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I played the game for 13 years. I was never a superstar and many guys including Brickley know a hell of a lot more about hockey then I do.  I played defense, I never skated off the ice after my line had given up a goal, particularly in a close game, and thought that it was okay.  I love Brick except when we are on Versus but I still don't understand what these guys mean when they say this.  I think more often then not they are talking about tough saves in a close game I just don't think timely is the proper term.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I laugh at the "most dangerous lead in hockey".  Yeah, I'd say up by one is more dangerous than up by two.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Actually the 2 goal lead is commonly referred to as "the most dangerous lead in hockey"..which is what was said....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I would say a "timely save" would be one where the goalie makes a great save and immediately after that, his team goes down the other end and scores.  So without the save, his team doesn't score.  That's "timely".