timmy thomas greatest goalie in bruins history

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Re: timmy thomas greatest goalie in bruins history

oh come on, put the bong down!
    yes he is very good, but has won one playoff round!
    playoffs are everything
    having said that i hope he can lead the Bruins to the cup.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

In Response to timmy thomas greatest goalie in bruins history:
    [QUOTE]no question about it now that timmy is the all time greatest bruins goaler and dont give me the gary cheevers and stanely cup ring garbage because he had bobby orr in front of him.
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts[/QUOTE]

Hey ksp, glad you came too the good side, and now admit how great of goalie T.T is!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

2 great seasons doesn't put him at the top of the list...the playoffs is where he will cement his place....i hope this is the year 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

In Response to Re: timmy thomas greatest goalie in bruins history:
    [QUOTE]In Response to timmy thomas greatest goalie in bruins history : Hey ksp, glad you came too the good side, and now admit how great of goalie T.T is!!!!
    Posted by notacryingwino[/QUOTE]

every body knows that not a whino is really ye old drunken winesocke so go back to icemantz boards this place here is for real bruins fans only

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: timmy thomas greatest goalie in bruins history : every body knows that not a whino is really ye old drunken winesocke so go back to icemantz boards this place here is for real bruins fans only

Wow you really sound like a data entry clerk,ksp. Go read my thousands of post, and you will find out just how stupid you sound!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Too bad all the Thomas bashers have me on ignore, or they would demolish your stupidity!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I love Timmy, but I think Frank Brimsek would kick your butt for saying that if he was still around

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

If thomas wins the Cup then he has a shot, he'd def be a Bruins HOF Lock if he wins a cup and another Vezina IMO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

No way.  He's in the top 5, but not the best. 

1. Tiny Thompson
    2. Frank Brimsek
    3. Cheevers
    4. Andy Moog
    5. Tim Thomas

Pete Peeters wasn't here long enough and as much as I think Dafoe was hung out to dry by slow, awkward defense pairings in the defensive zone, neither are as good as Thomas.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]oh come on, put the bong down! yes he is very good, but has won one playoff round! playoffs are everything having said that i hope he can lead the Bruins to the cup.
    Posted by Canadianfan6[/QUOTE]

That was against a very overmatched Montreal team. Thomas maybe the most overrated Bruins goalie of all time. Having a great year but has to do something in the playoffs to get the respect some people feels he desrerves. Being 36 & winning a total of 1 playoff series does not make you a great goalie.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

with orr on the team any body can win as goalie all gary cheevers had was a cool goalie mask and little else #30 will be going up to the rafters in a few yearrs for timmy thomas not cheevers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

What about Reggie Lemelin?

I think Moog was better than Thomas.  If Thomas gets us to the Stanley Cup Finals this year, that may change.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

NO WAY

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

John Blue gets my vote.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Lets not even get into the Bs system which is very goalie friendly.

Byron Dafoe had some success under a goalie friendly system with Pat Burns as well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Newfie,
    thomas is certainly not over rated (or in general) I dont think I would call him the bruins best goalie of all time at this point.. But in general, he has been vastly underrated for years..  I mean

If he wins a vezina this year he's the only 2 time winner for the bruins of the modern area, hes 5th all time in wins could probably climb as high as 4th, number 2 all time in svs % (behind only rask).. 6th in shut outs could climb as high as 3rd by seasons end, and 2nd all time with 2 good years..

He's certainly not going to retire to the HOF though, which would make it hard to suggest he is the bruins best goalie of all time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

As much of TT fan I am. He needs at least a Stanley Cup final to be among the elite. His numbers are far better then ANY other bruins goalie "in the modern era" but he has to get the team farther than the 2nd rd. Even if it was no fault of his that the team didn't. Remember in the 92 play-offs in game 7 Bos vs Buffalo? Moog pulled an absolute.. to quote Gretzkey "OMG dial 911 I've just been robbed" jobs on Pat Lafontaine. It was late in the game & the B's advanced. Those are the kinds of saves TT needs to bring. We all know he's capable of it. he needs to do this in order to get to that elite status!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I would agree with you if you said the most exciting Bruins goalie of all-time.. Then again I'm only 35, never even seen some of them...Too much has to do with the team that is in front of you.Moog was very good though his last two years were spotty.Lacher had the one good year, Raycroft had the one good year,Dafoe was very good, Toivonen in my opinion was the most talented goalie to wear a B's uniform until Rask, until a high ankle injury and a dave Lewis led team spelled that..
    Weird, you can make a case for greatest B's d-man it pretty much comes down to two, and forward but the B's goalies of all-time is a toughy..I would not however be suprised if in 10 years Rask has that nailed down.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

IYes for sure, I think he was the first Bruin goalie to finally beat the Habs in the Playoffs!n Response to Re: timmy thomas greatest goalie in bruins history:
    [QUOTE]What about Reggie Lemelin? I think Moog was better than Thomas.  If Thomas gets us to the Stanley Cup Finals this year, that may change.
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]No way.  He's in the top 5, but not the best.  1. Tiny Thompson 2. Frank Brimsek 3. Cheevers 4. Andy Moog 5. Tim Thomas Pete Peeters wasn't here long enough and as much as I think Dafoe was hung out to dry by slow, awkward defense pairings in the defensive zone, neither are as good as Thomas.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

I'm a HUGE Moog fan....but I gotta put Thomas ahead of him.  I don't recall Andy playing at THIS kind of level.  Other than that switch, I like your list.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Kanes-dognuts= a bumbling drunk!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Friendly correction, it's Gerry Cheevers, not Gary. Not looking to hurt anyone's feelings just helping out. That said I'm with the posters who say that TT has to prove himself in the playoffs to get their vote for greatest all time. Hopefully he can prove himself this year as I think this team is in the hunt.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Newfie, thomas is certainly not over rated (or in general) I dont think I would call him the bruins best goalie of all time at this point.. But in general, he has been vastly underrated for years..  I mean If he wins a vezina this year he's the only 2 time winner for the bruins of the modern area, hes 5th all time in wins could probably climb as high as 4th, number 2 all time in svs % (behind only rask).. 6th in shut outs could climb as high as 3rd by seasons end, and 2nd all time with 2 good years.. He's certainly not going to retire to the HOF though, which would make it hard to suggest he is the bruins best goalie of all time.
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

It's not impossible for Tim to play his way into the HHOF still, if he pulls off a Johnny Bower and keeps his level of play up into his early 40's - Bower finally got is beak into the league at around the same as Timmy, and no one qestions his HHOF credentials. Not saying it's likely, just that it's not beond probability.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Here's a question for the older folks? Whatever happened to Ross Brooks? The guy was a 36-38 yr old rookie in 72-73. Tied an NHL record of 14 consective wins, which I believe Gillies Gilbert did as well. He retired in 76, but his numbers were all respectable. Did he get injured to cause the retirement?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

In Response to timmy thomas greatest goalie in bruins history:
    [QUOTE]no question about it now that timmy is the all time greatest bruins goaler and dont give me the gary cheevers and stanely cup ring garbage because he had bobby orr in front of him.

I love this post