timmy thomas greatest goalie in bruins history

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

Re: timmy thomas greatest goalie in bruins history

TT is very good for a big padded goaler.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Another wild stat -if Timmy holds on for the win today, his record will be 23-4-6, with 52 out of a possible 66 points. That's a winning percentage of .697, and a mind boggling .879 point percentage. Points in 29 of 33 games = unreal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Not saying he is the best goalie in Bruins history but Byron Dafoe had one of the best seasons ever by a Bruin Goalie in 1998-1999. He went 32-23-11 with a 1.99 G.A.A. He had a sparkling .924 save percentage despite the fact he faced 1,800 shots. ( the most in team history ) He had 5 solid seasons in Boston. Has to be considered in at least the top 3 or 4.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

1 game closer, another 100 or so and a cup and he will be gaining the debate status.

I AM A HUGE FAN, he has  a ways to go, but it is fun watching him proove his case over the non-believers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In Response to Re: timmy thomas greatest goalie in bruins history:
    [QUOTE]here we go with this sh*t again
    Posted by jtassinarisoccer[/QUOTE]

you seem to spend a lot of time on the bruins board ripping the players/coach/gm/owner.It's obvious that you are not a bruins fan. Doesn't your favorite team
     have a mssg board to post on?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

Yup the greatest goalie in Boston Bruins history has won one playoff series in his career.

Speaks volumes about the organization.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]tim thomas is a very lucky goalie....he needs to play more stand up hockey and stop flounddering around on the ice like a fish out of water and stay on his feet to stay in position...he would be a much better net minder if he would go back to basic fundamental goal tending
    Posted by joeharley[/QUOTE]

2nd post in 5 years and this is what you come up with? are you the leafs goalie coach?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]From a purely sensational, show-stopping point of view, Thomas is certainly one of the best in B's history. But I do agree with others that he is going to have to go far in the playoffs to solidify a high ranking in all-time goalies. He is in a goalie age era for hockey where a bad GAVG is 2.5. I'm absolutely sick and tired of the Gerry Cheevers' bashing that goes on constantly from people who obviously never watched him in a lot of big games. Cheesie had some remarkable, absolutely fantastic big-time playoff wins and performances even in defeats. He had smaller pads, a lousy fiberglass mask (the best ever for appearance with the famous stitches), and played among the elite players in NHL history during a time where only elite players made it to the NHL. Are the players better today? Sure from a physical standpoint, speed, agility. But overall, half of the league's current players never would have made it into the NHL. There were no room on the rosters. Cheevers was to me a big-game goalie. He understood playoffs was where he had to play at his best, and that's when he played at his best. Pete Peeters monster season of 82-83 was ridiculously good at a time where goalies were lucky to be recording 3.00 GAVG. For one year, he was a rock for the B's. Dafoe was acrobatic too, and phenomenal in his 10 shutout year, and he reminds me of Thomas now. I can't vouch for Brimsek, Tiny Thompson, great goalies in their own rights. Bottom line, I can't make greatest goalie statements for TT at this time. He's a great, great goalie, having some phenomenal years (2 years ago) and now. But he's also had some major meltdowns and famously bad performances, like in Washington a few years back. He's had some soft playoff games too. I would like to see him perform his magic in the playoffs before we anoint him King of the Crease in Boston.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE

Cheevers-One of the few goalie's that never made it to the HOF because of stats. It was because he was One of if not THE BEST MONEY GOALIE EVER! Fuhr & Billy Smith got in for the same reason. HOF'ers are not always brought in because of stats & Stanley Cup wins.

Like my argument went for TT to stay in Boston with Rask for awhile. I wanted to see more from Rask before I annointed him the saviour. I want to see more from TT before I rank him the best.
    I know TT has a great following & that's great. I could be Prez for his fan club & there's people on here that would not argue that statement. However, I also am objective about the guy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]TT is very good for a big padded goaler.
    Posted by fordprefect[/QUOTE]

I knew I had you on ignore for a reason. You must've said something with intelligence ONCE that made me take you off. Well, so much for that!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: timmy thomas greatest goalie in bruins history : Exactly. If only Cherry hadn't waited until they were down 2-0 in hte series to start him.
    Posted by GillesGilbert[/QUOTE]

Yea & if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Not saying he is the best goalie in Bruins history but Byron Dafoe had one of the best seasons ever by a Bruin Goalie in 1998-1999. He went 32-23-11 with a 1.99 G.A.A. He had a sparkling .924 save percentage despite the fact he faced 1,800 shots. ( the most in team history ) He had 5 solid seasons in Boston. Has to be considered in at least the top 3 or 4.
    Posted by jpsoxfan[/QUOTE]

Another goalie who couldn't do it in the play-offs! Got out played by Kolzig in 98, Hasek in 99 & Theodore in 02.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

another game another win for timmy thomas so he will probly start versus kings i cant wait for the playoffs the only question is if any one will get a goal on timmy thomas lol. olde winesocke must be crying in his beer or in other words a crying whino lol.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

absolutley no doubt whatsoeverthat thomas is the greatest goalie to ever play for boston when is the last time he lost a game like october lol.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]absolutley no doubt whatsoeverthat thomas is the greatest goalie to ever play for boston when is the last time he lost a game like october lol.
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts[/QUOTE]
    How do you manage to type and whack off to your TT posters at the same time?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

TT is the greatest goalie in the BRUINS history ....I say 2 times better than Gerry Cheevers...Bruins would have won at least one more Stanley Cup with TT in net ....look at the goal scored by Guy Lafleur when the B's were ahead by one goal with less than a minute to play ...Cheevers looked scared on that goal ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (3 Cups in a row : main reason : TT)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]TT is the greatest goalie in the BRUINS history ....I say 2 times better than Gerry Cheevers...Bruins would have won at least one more Stanley Cup with TT in net ....look at the goal scored by Guy Lafleur when the B's were ahead by one goal with less than a minute to play ...Cheevers looked scared on that goal ... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (3 Cups in a row : main reason : TT)
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]
    Anything you say would've happenned is pure speculation.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

heres some hi-lites of your great jerry cheevers in action in his prime.  what a joke.  timmy thomas would havd stopped all of these shots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNaQdT8ReBw

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]heres some hi-lites of your great jerry cheevers in action in his prime.  what a joke.  timmy thomas would havd stopped all of these shots. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNaQdT8ReBw
    Oh Timmy,oh Timmy,TimmyTIMMY............

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

wow that was an intelligent reply.  as for who the troll is its you the rest of us cheer the bruins to win and playing the best goalie helps boston win

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]wow that was an intelligent reply.  as for who the troll is its you the rest of us cheer the bruins to win and playing the best goalie helps boston win
    Oh Timmy,you're such a good kisser.More Timmy,more!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

between your bro-mance with ilickhockeybags and your post above i think its time you came all the way out of the closet and if you need to slander timmy thomas to spite me then you do infact hate thomas 

so stop pretending to be a bruins fan and nice going on outing yourself congrats your mom must be proud she can lend you some clothes lol.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]between your bro-mance with ilickhockeybags and your post above i think its time you came all the way out of the closet and if you need to slander timmy thomas to spite me then you do infact hate thomas  so stop pretending to be a bruins fan and nice going on outing yourself congrats your mom must be proud she can lend you some clothes lol.
    Someone's getting jealous.....don't worry,I won't try to move in on TT behind your back.Speaking of closet gays,why does every opposing viewpoint seem gay to you? I suspect you may not be comfortable in your own skin.Good luck with being gay Kanes(you might as well just admit it as I'm sure your parents suspect it anyways).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Some curious what you all think about TT's Hart chances, now that Crosby is hurt. How long would he'd have to be ut for Timmy to me ahead of him in the voting?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Some curious what you all think about TT's Hart chances, now that Crosby is hurt. How long would he'd have to be ut for Timmy to me ahead of him in the voting?
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    As a goalie I think Timmy is in tough.Now that Stamkos is hot again the voters are bound to be smitten with him but if TT keeps  up this level for the rest of the season he would have to be deserving of MVP.He's got some of the best numbers ever so I don't know how the voters couldn't consider him MVP.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: timmy thomas greatest goalie in bruins history : That was against a very overmatched Montreal team. Thomas maybe the most overrated Bruins goalie of all time. Having a great year but has to do something in the playoffs to get the respect some people feels he desrerves. Being 36 & winning a total of 1 playoff series does not make you a great goalie.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

Finally someone with some common sense.

Tim Thomas is simply the most overrated player in the NHL today, and one of the most overrated players in Bruins' history. (by those impressed by circus saves because he's out of position all the time)