1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SEABASS2013. Show SEABASS2013's posts

To MRS Miller

Dear Mrs Miller

We hope you are ok

Sincerely

The Bruins Fans

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Re: To MRS Miller

Since we are joking around, answer me this: why are his eyes about an inch apart vertically? Weirdest thing I've ever seen in my life.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Real, real stupid thread.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Not really Kelv, he takes a swipe at Looch like he is all tough then lays down on the ice like he is hurt? Like the OP said we all "hope" he is all okay. He is the biggest tough guy when he is in his own crease. He's a skinny little B***h. Always has been.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

of course he took a swipe at Looch. Why wouldn't he? How do you think Timmy would react? How the heck can Ryan Miller come out looking bad in this? how is ghe a tough guy when he is in his crease? What does he do? please explain.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: To MRS Miller:
    [QUOTE]of course he took a swipe at Looch. Why wouldn't he? How do you think Timmy would react? How the heck can Ryan Miller come out looking bad in this? how is ghe a tough guy when he is in his crease? What does he do? please explain.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    I could be wrong Kel but I seem to remember Miller being involved in a few yapping incidents with Boston last season. This isn't the 1st time he's opened his mouth. He's no different than Ruff. Whenever I see him interviewed he's either smiling or crying.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Miller has gotten into it with numerous teams..he and Carcillo absolutley hate each other, which, good for him, I hate carcillo too. but so does every other goalie, brodeur feuds with people,belfour used to all the time. He's a fiery one and I like it. Lindy ruff just whines, does it more than any coach in the league and last night he chose to whine rather than have his players answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k94kGbln-YQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9ybOp6bhgI&feature=related

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

When I played goal if I played the puck I expected to be hit, part of the game. Yes, there is an "unwritten rule" regarding checking the goalie. But, last I knew, hockey is still a contact sport.

I can see the Sabres fans asking the same questions of their team that we asked after Cooke's cheapshot on Savard.       

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]When I played goal if I played the puck I expected to be hit, part of the game. Yes, there is an "unwritten rule" regarding checking the goalie. But, last I knew, hockey is still a contact sport. I can see the Sabres fans asking the same questions of their team that we asked after Cooke's cheapshot on Savard.       
    Posted by BruWingFan[/QUOTE]

Actually there is a rule and it is written.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Love how Miller acts all tough and all but cant do his own fighting. Carcillo if ever given the chance would beat him to a pulp. Miller has done alot around the league in punching people in the face knowing that if the other players reacts against him other teammates will jump in. Love how Lucic ran him over. Love how his teammates didnt do anything. I dont thing any team would have done something when Chara, Mcquaid and Lucic are on the ice. Miller belongs in the kitchen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

[QUOTE]of course he took a swipe at Looch. Why wouldn't he? How do you think Timmy would react? How the heck can Ryan Miller come out looking bad in this? how is ghe a tough guy when he is in his crease? What does he do? please explain.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Your right Thomas would of fought the guy, but he wouldn't of cried after the game about it. He probably would of said thats hockey or some other Timmy response.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To MRS Miller : Umm, could please post this "written rule"? Where I grew up, a goalie with a puck on his stick out of the crease, has the righ to be approached as any other player on the ice. Goalies know this, players know this. If MIller had his back turned, I would agree, the hit would be illegal. The fact of the matter is, when you see someone racing at you, it's a race to the puck and Lucic has every right to finish his check on the player wiith the puck, goalie or not. It appears Mrs. Milller's ego got in the way as he was embarrassed, which explains the stick swipe in Lucic's direction. I don't have any issue with MIller being annoyed that a player got the best of him, but to act like that was a penalty, is ridiculous. "Charging"?  What planet am I on? Nothing wrong with a player finishing a check in open ice even on the goalie, it's part of the game, and the risk of coming out of the net like that.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Apparently, according to NHL Rule 43.1 the goalie is not 'fair game' but all necessary effort to avoid him must be made or it can be a minor penalty.

Too lazy to research this however.

Be that as it may, Miller is merely acting out due to another poor performance on his part.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Of course Rihanna Miller was going to go after Lucic, only to be stopped by the linesmen, right after Rick "$h*tface" Jeanneret had tumbled, er, climbed down from the press box to challenge Zdeno Chara to a fight.
    But it's all good for the Buffalo media, because after more than a decade of whining over Brett Hull's foot in the crease, they finally have something else to b*tch about.
    Is there a more overrated goaltender in hockey than Miller? He had exactly one great season (09-10) and, other than that, was/is nothing more than an average backstop. I truly expect him to ask TT to pump his tires before this season is over.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]Do you really feel going full bore on a bang/bang play like that, Lucic could have somehow stopped short on a dime? This wasn't a play behind the net or a situation where the puck was gone for more than a second or something. This was a bang/bang play.  I don't feel he needs to defend himself. I think the RESULT of his check, looks worse than this really was. Miller got embarrassed, didn't like it, and needs to tone the ego.

I agree with you. But, according to Rule 43.1 the refs have the discretion to call a minor penalty and they did:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081215213929AA4Wzbp

This is the end of it in my mind and it should be in Miller's too unless he is less mad at Lucic and more at his team for the complete lack of a response.

Next game should be interesting but if Buffalo goes overboard  then they are simply playing into the B's hands....

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Yet another tool who equates being a woman ("MRS") with being weak. What, did Mike "Thelma & Louise" Milbury start posting on this board? I'm not the PC police but I'm amazed that this this kind of sexist stuff continues to permeate our Internet and hockey cultures.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Agree. I can see why they took the liberty to call a penalty, but I don't see where this is "gutless" or dirty or anything. All of a sudden finishing a check is "gutless". Miller turned at the last second, too. I wouldn't have called anything. It's nothing more than a collision after a bang bang play with two trains on a way one track kind of play. Look, that's why goalies would heistate to come out. I hate this pansification of the NHL where every single physical play is scrutinized because of gutless pukes like Cook when these other pansy, new generation players have caused this sensitivity. I wish the focus would be on the gutless play and not a hard check on a bang/bang play, goalie or not. We're fans who witnessed Matt Cook's activities against one of our players with no penalty, no punishment, casual reaction, etc. Miller was embarrassed, didn't like it, which is fine, and Buffalo should have simply done the tradtional thing and fought Lucic, which is the unwritten code part. And, you're right. It would have been done with last night. Now Miller is yapping in the press due to furstration, poor play and embarrassment. Mr. Hulot, I agree Miller is a bit overrated. One of the better younger goalies, but I said this years ago when he first came into the league. His size is what makes him effective, similary to Luongo. Maybe Team USA wins gold instead of silver by starting Thomas and not Miller in the Olympics? I got into a little debate with Sabres fan about who would get the nod. Of course, I made a case for Thomas and he was just infatuated with Miller. Give me the will and character of a Thomas any day of the week over the trendy choice.

So your saying a Tim Thomas who had a hip injury that year and lost his starting job to Tuuka well before the Olympics would have won gold over Ryan Miller who not only was voted MVP in a tournament on a second place team in Canada where Crosby scored the gold medal winner? 
    I'm a huge timmy fan, but that statement is idiotic. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

don't go comparing looch's hit to cooke's.  miller saw the former coming and played hurt while swinging the lumber.  dumb.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

" I agree Miller is a bit overrated. One of the better younger goalies, but I said this years ago when he first came into the league. Maybe Team USA wins gold instead of silver by starting Thomas and not Miller in the Olympics?"

Craig was great in the 80' Olympics, Richter stood on his head in the 96' World Cup but Miller did some things against Canada in the preliminary game and Gold medal game that I have only seen Broduer and Roy do absolutely amazing.

Now as far as consistency since 09' Timmy Time has got Ryan no doubt but overrated now way sorry RWTK gotta disagree on that one but I understood what point your were making. All you need to do is watch the 2 games against Canada, it was a thing of goaltending beauty!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

[QUOTE]When I played goal if I played the puck I expected to be hit, part of the game. Yes, there is an "unwritten rule" regarding checking the goalie. But, last I knew, hockey is still a contact sport. I can see the Sabres fans asking the same questions of their team that we asked after Cooke's cheapshot on Savard.       
    Posted by BruWingFan[/QUOTE]

You are totally wrong, it is a RULE you cant hit the goalie even if he's out of his crease. Lucic is totally wrong here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

[QUOTE]Agree. I can see why they took the liberty to call a penalty, but I don't see where this is "gutless" or dirty or anything. All of a sudden finishing a check is "gutless". Miller turned at the last second, too. I wouldn't have called anything. It's nothing more than a collision after a bang bang play with two trains on a way one track kind of play. Look, that's why goalies would heistate to come out. I hate this pansification of the NHL where every single physical play is scrutinized because of gutless pukes like Cook when these other pansy, new generation players have caused this sensitivity. I wish the focus would be on the gutless play and not a hard check on a bang/bang play, goalie or not. We're fans who witnessed Matt Cook's activities against one of our players with no penalty, no punishment, casual reaction, etc. Miller was embarrassed, didn't like it, which is fine, and Buffalo should have simply done the tradtional thing and fought Lucic, which is the unwritten code part. And, you're right. It would have been done with last night. Now Miller is yapping in the press due to furstration, poor play and embarrassment. Mr. Hulot, I agree Miller is a bit overrated. One of the better younger goalies, but I said this years ago when he first came into the league. His size is what makes him effective, similary to Luongo. Maybe Team USA wins gold instead of silver by starting Thomas and not Miller in the Olympics? I got into a little debate with Sabres fan about who would get the nod. Of course, I made a case for Thomas and he was just infatuated with Miller. Give me the will and character of a Thomas any day of the week over the trendy choice.
    DUDE, YOU CANT FINISH A CHECK ON A GOALIE!!! do you understand yet.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

This just in - Ryan Miller seen having a drink with Max Pacioretty.  And kissing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Ur attitude is a joke King! If this was Thomas or Rask who was hit by Kaleta you wouldn't be singing this song!!