Today's Practise Surprise

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Today's Practise Surprise

No, not Horton.

Carl Soderberg centering the third line with Paille and Peverley on the flanks.

Could Julien be wanting some skill on the bottom two lines to compete with Chicago's bottom two? After all, they won the first game for the Hawks.

I like the idea.

With my apologies to Jordan Caron, I would take a chance on Carluccio.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Re: Today's Practise Surprise

As long as Soderberg knows how to play defence...I'm sure the coaching staff have it all figured out...It would be a nice surprise...I think all sports fans get off on a player coming out of no where and shinning in his or her role ( Krug gave us a taste of that ).  I sure hope any change works out for us...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I think Julien is hedging his bets.......in case horton can't play Saturday. Soderberg will fill the empty spot...on some line.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Hey, just curious....By having Soderberg out on that line, would that mean he is ahead of Caron in the depth chart ? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

My third line would be 

kelly peverly paille.  

4th line of soder doug and ST get a few minutes and thats it.  Chicagos third line is extremely well balanced and has them leading 1-0.  Their 5-6 pair def  also played throughout the game and helped in the win.   

Our 3rd line should be stacked as much as possible which is why im going with the above mentioned.   I miss campy.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

From Hags :

Claude Julien went so far as to chide the media with a line of questioning that presumed Seguin would be playing in place of Horton.

“We’re talking here like Horton is not in. You’ll see tomorrow,” Julien said. “You’ve seen him [at practice]. I’m not going there because it’s presuming Horton isn’t in. Tomorrow we’ll find out more, and if he’s not in then we’ll be more than happy to answer some questions.

“He’s day-to-day, and that’s what he is. He practiced today and we’ll have to make a decision on him tomorrow. It was encouraging to see him out there today. If he feels good tomorrow then he’s in the lineup. It’s as simple as that.”

Carl Soderberg, Jordan Caron, Daniel Paille and Rich Peverley all mixed and matched in the lineup with Kaspars Daugavins, Chris Kelly and Shawn Thornton for different forward combinations, and only Brad Marchand, Patrice Bergeron and Jaromir Jagr stayed constant during practice.

Here were the line combos and D-pairings based on practice:

Lucic-Krejci-Horton/Seguin

Marchand-Bergeron-Jagr

Paille-Peverley/Soderberg-Caron

Daugavins-Kelly-Thornton

Chara-Seidenberg

Ference-Boychuk

Krug-McQuaid

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

From Hags :

Claude Julien went so far as to chide the media with a line of questioning that presumed Seguin would be playing in place of Horton.

I like this line

Daugavins-Kelly-Thornton

Used sparingly, and then the other lines make more sense.