Torey Krug ? help ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Torey Krug ? help ?

I've only mildly ran across his name while looking up Providence Bruins stuff. 

Can anyone add some insight into his game ? I've heard he is playing great defence down in Providence and I feel sorry for those guys losing Bartkowski and now Krug, but, we all have to suck it up. It will be interestind to see who Providence calls up from the ECHL.

Hope someone can make a comment of two who has watched him...Thanks....Go Bruins...Can hardly wait !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Re: Torey Krug ? help ?

Probably the best overall player in Providence all year long.  

Strenghts:  Skating.  Keeps his legs moving.  Not afraid to rush the puck up.  Can dish.  Good point man.  Will be a good PP QB one day.  Heart.  Not afraid to block a shot.  Better at battling for pucks then you would think (considering he is tiny).

Weaknesses: Height (5'9").  Not a great shooter.

Overall: will always be underrated.  Small players w/out lofty goal totals always are.  But he's rock solid.  Again, probably the best player in Prov all season long.  Definately the best defender.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Strenghts:  Skating.  Keeps his legs moving.  Not afraid to rush the puck up.  Can dish.  Good point man.  Will be a good PP QB one day.  Heart.  Not afraid to block a shot.  Better at battling for pucks then you would think (considering he is tiny).

Overall: will always be underrated.  Small players w/out lofty goal totals always are.  But he's rock solid.  Again, probably the best player in Prov all season long.  Definately the best defender.

Nice assessment Drew. Sounds about right. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

So... heir-apparent to Ference?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

So... heir-apparent to Ference?

He or Bartkowski

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Thanks Drewski !  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Nice assessment Drew. Sounds about right. 

Thanks Dez

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Spot on!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

He or Bartkowski

I was thinking in terms of being an under-sized D that plays larger than he is, with decent wheels and some offensive upside.  That's how I would describe Ference, though the offense part seems to have faded.

I think of Bartkowski more like Seidenberg: someone that plays all areas about equally well without excelling at any, though perhaps more defensive than offensive.  Bartkowski is just less skilled and/or experienced (time will tell).

It seems likely at least one of those two will be given a shot at a roster spot next year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

He or Bartkowski

I was thinking in terms of being an under-sized D that plays larger than he is, with decent wheels and some offensive upside.  That's how I would describe Ference, though the offense part seems to have faded.

I think of Bartkowski more like Seidenberg: someone that plays all areas about equally well without excelling at any, though perhaps more defensive than offensive.  Bartkowski is just less skilled and/or experienced (time will tell).

It seems likely at least one of those two will be given a shot at a roster spot next year.

I think both deserve it.  And having both hedges your bet.  (If they give Bartkowski a shot, but he turns into the next Kampfer, you can still try Krug).

I hope they dont sign a FA.  Already have cap issues w the cap decreasing 7 million.  Save the money.  Im hoping for a quiet free agency.  I wouldnt mind seeing Spooner called up.  When he's given a fair chance (training camp), he looks like he belongs.

I heard something about an amnesty clause.  A team can take one contract off the books next year?  Do you know if this is true?  It would be nice to free up Savards 4M+.  I think it was you who taught me that LTIR doesnt really free up the money.  It just allows you to go over temporarily, but you have to get back under at a certain point (or something).

I also heard people speculating that Lucic might get it.  I think thats rediculous.  I know he carries a high cap hit, but if nothing else, he at least has second rd trade value.  Not implying that we should trade him.  Just implying that if we need to free up the money , I think we can get a pick for him. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

He or Bartkowski

Yeah Dr, I tend to agree it's likely one of them will be expected to replace Ference. I figure he'll be a victim of the cap in Boston unless he's willing to take a serious discount to stay.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Trotman is the only other defenseman, of current prospects, that has an outside chance of ever making the Bruins. However he is as brittle as Max Sauve.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Teams can execute an Amnesty Buyout.  They get the pay schedule but not the associated cap hit.  I have no idea if they can buyout a player on the IR, though.  Remember Glen Murray?

I think the Bruins, along with a whole lot of other teams, are going to take next season as a bit of a cap mulligan.  I don't know if anyone tracks this, but I think the number of games played on EL contracts will soar.  Let youth play, and count on the cap rising a bunch the next year before trying to make any splashes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Drewski. I would think you could get at least a top 10 1st round pick (and probaly also a 2nd round pick) for Lucic ... not that it will happen. Horton will probably be the odd man out, as he's a UFA this summer, in the event of a Bruins cap issue.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Hey san,

sure wish we would have added some depth at the beginning of the year.  Quick question.  Is johnson gone?  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Hey san,

sure wish we would have added some depth at the beginning of the year.  Quick question.  Is johnson gone? 

Bartkowski is signed for next year so that is why he is on the lineup. With you Shup on the confusion of- "why Johnson is not in the lineup ?." I thought he did just fine throughout the year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Bartkowski is signed for next year so that is why he is on the lineup. With you Shup on the confusion of- "why Johnson is not in the lineup ?." I thought he did just fine throughout the year.

CJ said that he is not playing because he hasn't been in a game since March 30th.  Not game ready!  One would have to believe that he is next man up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I think that the three rookies solidified their spot ahead of A Johnson on the depth chart.  I really liked what I saw out of Krug, especially on the PP.

Good young group of Defenseman.

Boychuck

Hamilton

McQuaid

Bartkowski 

Krug

All look like they belong to me. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

He looked great!

Great

skater and scored!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

"That's how I would describe Ference, though the offense part seems to have faded."

Faded?  Maybe.  I think it also has something to do with CJs system.  Offensive minded Dmen often seem to loose something here in Boston.  Like Gonchar.  Or even Kaberle.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to schlich's comment:

"That's how I would describe Ference, though the offense part seems to have faded."

Faded?  Maybe.  I think it also has something to do with CJs system.  Offensive minded Dmen often seem to loose something here in Boston.  Like Gonchar.  Or even Kaberle.

I was thinking purely in terms of how he's played in Boston.  He still pinches really nicely, but I don't feel like he's gotten open for good shots nearly as often this season as in the past.  I may have been a bit harsh implying it was a trend, rather than simply him having a poor season, though.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"Drewski. I would think you could get at least a top 10 1st round pick (and probaly also a 2nd round pick) for Lucic..." - 'Klaas'

I think the 'Torch and Pitchfork' gang here (anonymous fans in charge of eliminating 'bad' or 'lesser' fellow-anonymous fans from our e-midst) should look into persecuting comments - like those above - with the same prejudice   

In the name of limiting freedom of expresssion only to those people we agree with; Perhaps the T&P's should extend their pogrom to fans who utter such things.

To suggest trading Milan Lucic is treasonous...dangerous!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Nice analysis, I thought both Bart and Krug have looked good. Ference is a gonna next season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

All three young d have demonstrated their capabilities. thanks Drewski on Krug's eval. Bartkowski has continued to show improvement since coming in for Toronto. With all of Chara's skills and strength, his speed and the time it takes to get moving are both drawbacks that need to be surrounded by solid speed. puck control and movement. Hamilton has demonstrated these skills during the season, but, Claude was right in easing him into the playoffs once injuries took over. Boychuck is great at the rock and roll, but often has a brain cramp, which hasn't gone away, so, he is what he is, and it's mostly positive. Ference, and Seidenberg are slowing down , and age is a factor with the speed in the current game. Now we can see Chiarelli's plan a little more clearly, and I , for one, do not see Jagr after this year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

"Drewski. I would think you could get at least a top 10 1st round pick (and probaly also a 2nd round pick) for Lucic..." - 'Klaas'

I think the 'Torch and Pitchfork' gang here (anonymous fans in charge of eliminating 'bad' or 'lesser' fellow-anonymous fans from our e-midst) should look into persecuting comments - like those above - with the same prejudice   

In the name of limiting freedom of expresssion only to those people we agree with; Perhaps the T&P's should extend their pogrom to fans who utter such things.

To suggest trading Milan Lucic is treasonous...dangerous!

Only I didnt suggest trading him.  I was just pointing out that using the amnesty clause on Lucic, which I've heard suggested, is beyond rediculous because even if you do want him off the team (which is absurd in its own right), he has trade value.

It was a compliment to Lucic.

I think we are fine regarding our cap situation.  Internal replacements for all departing players, use the money freed to lock up Rask.