Toronto is Happy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Toronto is Happy

We have another score to settle with them and, of course, Chicago.

If you can't see pic, click on link:  http://img.kiosko.net/2013/06/25/ca/ca_toronto_sun.750.jpg

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Toronto is Happy

This is as close as they come to winning anything. It's sad because they could've felt some honour in losing to the Champs. Oh well.

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

This is what happens when your team sucks.  You hate all the teams that beat you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

If all they have is joy in the misery of others, thats pretty sad. But i guess that sums up the Leafs and their fans for decades.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

This is akin to feeling jubilation . After your Mom beats up the class bully for you. That's my Dad can beat up your Dad stuff...quality sports journalism right there.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Who cares?  Let them get off on the Bruins losing in the Cup finals (?).  

We all remember why they're upset.  They do too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Pretty pathetic, but when your team hasn't won anything in decades what else would you expect?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

The sour taste in the Leafs fans/players mouths after losing the way they did to the Bruins will be around, a long, long, time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Kind of reminds me of that iferiority complex Sox fans used to have when it came to anything Yankees.
    Black Hawks winning doesnt change the fact they collapsed like a folding chair in what seems like forever ago.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Onthe405. Show Onthe405's posts

still sticking in thier craw like bad shrimp, huh? yummy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

This is toronto media.  Sure leafs fans were happy.  Similar to when i was happy that san jose beat van and ottawa pounded the habs.  I have a new respect for the leafs team.  They played hard.  Lost in similar fashion to us against chicago.   I have nothing against the leafs.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I hate the Leafs, but the proper response here is the same as when, at the high school reunion, someone tells you that 30 years ago, Jeff van Leuwen hated your guts.  And the only thing you remember about that guy is smacking him in the face for lipping you off.

"Oh, well.  I guess that made sense to him."

Are you not entertained?!?!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Dont forget guys there are a lot of Bruins fans in Toronto....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (a walk in the park)

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to nyfan11's comment:

We NY fans happy too.  Karma's a btch, aint it?  What a choke.  You are truly choketown, USA.

Ha ha, thanks for showing up -- the spanking of the Rangers was one of the highlights of the season for me, and I'm glad you're here to take more medicine from us in Boston.

Not sure you should be talking karma after the beating we put on you, but hey, you're good for cheering us up today.  Fond memories of stomping your team...

How's your coach?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Kind of reminds me of that iferiority complex Sox fans used to have when it came to anything Yankees.
    Black Hawks winning doesnt change the fact they collapsed like a folding chair in what seems like forever ago.

Agreed.  There is nothing worse than having some other team have to carry your water for you.  

I get rooting against your rivals for sure, but a cover page and thank you note to another NHL team that happened to achieve what you failed to do?  Pathetic.

I love that Toronto and NY hate us.  Seeing them wh*re themselves out and piggyback on another team just makes me enjoy the pain we inflicted on them more.

Thanks for acknowedging how much we infuriate you. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

We NY fans happy too.  Karma's a btch, aint it?  What a choke.  You are truly choketown, USA.

ha ha. beating the Rangers and parading around NYC with my Bruins stuff was my Stanley Cup. oh wait it's New York City and as any native New Yorker knows,nobody cares about hockey in New York.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jerrynewyork's comment:

[QUOTE]

ha ha. beating the Rangers and parading around NYC with my Bruins stuff was my Stanley Cup. oh wait it's New York City and as any native New Yorker knows,nobody cares about hockey in New York.

[/QUOTE]

It's still my favorite city in the world Jerry. Nothing beats NY in the summertime. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

This is toronto media.  Sure leafs fans were happy.  Similar to when i was happy that san jose beat van and ottawa pounded the habs.  I have a new respect for the leafs team.  They played hard.  Lost in similar fashion to us against chicago.   I have nothing against the leafs.  

Yeah -- this is the hed and photo of an editor who knows his/her readership.  Good for Toronto -- a bounce here or there and they might have moved on.   Whether they could have done in the Rangers and Penguins is a whole other story.  But at the end of the day, winning the Cup is an unbelieveably difficult and punishing process.  Good for the Blackhawks for doing it.  And good for the teams who tried and failed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The Toronto Sun is known for cheeky covers.  This is another of them.  Even Rask mentioned something to the effect of now the Bruins know how the Leafs felt after the Game 7 comeback blitz so it's not surprise a Toronto paper gets in a shot.  However, no front page any Toronto publication can create will ever change the result of the last 10 minutes of the third period of Game 7.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

The Toronto Sun is known for cheeky covers.  This is another of them.  Even Rask mentioned something to the effect of now the Bruins know how the Leafs felt after the Game 7 comeback blitz so it's not surprise a Toronto paper gets in a shot.  However, no front page any Toronto publication can create will ever change the result of the last 10 minutes of the third period of Game 7.

The Toronto Sun has never seen a team pull their goalie and tie the game. Then win it. It's the first time it's happever ever in NHL history. Last time leafs have won the cup lol 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Rich we should be posting about game 7 tonight. I know stuff happens no hockey feels strange.