Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    [QUOTE]Didn't see the game at all, but the box score looks like its from the twilight zone. Kessel - no shots? Orr - scores? Pens outshoot them 25-14?  Jonas must have stood on his head. Leafs win their 3 first? Pens lose their 3 first?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    Here's the Reader's Digest Version

1. Gustovasson started shaky but played great after the 1st period and won this game for the Leafs who were on their heels from the 1/2 point of the 2nd period
    2. Colton Orr took a shot on the chin and was dropped.  Did not return.  Good scrap though
    3. Malkin and Crosby were all over the ice but couldn't cash in.  Malkin had a penalty shoot and missed badly (one of the worst attempts I've ever seen).  Pittsburg defence was not great and Fleury was really shaky in net.
    4. Schenn had a great game on defence and looks to have rebounded from his sophmore year.
    5. Your buddy Kessel was MIA and benched a couple of shifts.  Overall the 1st unit was horrible last night
    6. Mike Brown and Colton Armstrong were the best Leafs, mostly in checking roles.  Mike Brown can absolutely fly out there, I was really impressed both these players.
    7. Leafs demonstrate good team speed and block a lot of shots (I think Versteeg has 4 blocked shots alone).
    8. Leaf defence still gives the puck away a lot.   Gunnersson looks lost right now (just like how Schenn started last year) and will likely be replaced with Lebda when he's healthy.

Overall, Leafs look much better but still a work in progress.  Lack of size at center will take it's toll.   Goaltending looks to be a strength, for a change.,

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Pens miss Gonchar.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Much to do about nothing at such an early part of the season.   The Bs will do fine with the pick.  Meanwhile wait until the season really starts around like February.  Now the Make beliefs will not be on top then heh.  They need to score goals when goals will be at a premium.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

The Pens will s*** this year!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]I was hoping that the Bs would get another great pic from the maple laughs but i guess it won't be that great!!
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? They've played three games. THREE.

By that reasoning, Pittsburgh will finish out of the playoffs. Would you bet on that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

Bruins 8, really? You are without a doubt a leafs fan.

Toronto is on Cloud 9, but seriously lack offensive depth. Colton orr isnt going to score 25 goals this year so, just wait the leafs will come plummetting back down soon enough and go like 2-8 in their next 10.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

2-8 next 10 i wouldnt bet the house on that... leaf fan i am not

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"as apposed to what kessel would've brought"

This is what you don't understand and you're not going to turn this thread into another Kessel argument. Phil will never make the Leafs a Stanley Cup champion as he didn't for the Bruins.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

bottom line 3-0 draft prjection not looking to good and as milbury said seguin is not an impact player for the next 3 years kessel is an impact player right now

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

kessel will have alot more goals and points than seguin and thats the bottom line....that was the trade the 23 yr old kessel for 18 yr old seguin so thats what u judge the trade on not what seguin may become

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

[QUOTE]How many sports ? How many teams have started hot then faded then did not go to make the playoffs including the Bruins ? A 3-0 start does project anything this early in any sports season. It's funny how desperate you are to disprove Chiarelli coming out on top in this deal. Seguin wil have more goals in his rookie season than Kessel's rookie season that is the bottom line. We shall see where this 3-0 start left the Leafs in April! October will have nothing to do with it.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

how is that the bottom line? we didnt trade kessel as a rookie, we traded the 23 yr old kessel for this 18 yr old kid so that is what u need to compare what seguin brings us this season as apposed to what kessel would've brought...that is why im so upset   i feel this team was and is close to the cup...therefor kessel is the guy u keep if we were rebuilding then take seguin

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stanleycomehome. Show Stanleycomehome's posts

[QUOTE]kessel will have alot more goals and points than seguin and thats the bottom line....that was the trade the 23 yr old kessel for 18 yr old seguin so thats what u judge the trade on not what seguin may become
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

Krejci wouldn't be here if the trade wasn't made either.  As far as milbury goes the islanders still haven't recovered from all the young stars he traded away.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

How many sports ? How many teams have started hot then faded then did not go to make the playoffs including the Bruins ? A 3-0 start does project anything this early in any sports season. It's funny how desperate you are to disprove Chiarelli coming out on top in this deal.

Seguin wil have more goals in his rookie season than Kessel's rookie season that is the bottom line. We shall see where this 3-0 start left the Leafs in April! October will have nothing to do with it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

[QUOTE]kessel will have alot more goals and points than seguin and thats the bottom line....that was the trade the 23 yr old kessel for 18 yr old seguin so thats what u judge the trade on not what seguin may become
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

Here you go again spewing the same crap over and over again.  A true sign of OCD, obsessive-compulsive disorder

Take your medicine!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]bottom line 3-0 draft prjection not looking to good and as milbury said seguin is not an impact player for the next 3 years kessel is an impact player right now
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]..

Such an impact player his coach benches him?

The first line of Tyler Bozak between Phil Kessel and Kris Versteeg couldn’t get much done, and Kessel actually missed a few shifts in the third in favour of hard-nosed Mike Brown.

“Sitting out a few shifts is a lot louder than my voice,” said head coach Wilson. “The bench screams.”

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/mapleleafs/article/875100--maple-leafs-stay-unbeaten-by-stunning-powerful-pens

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Here's the Reader's Digest Version 1. Gustovasson started shaky but played great after the 1st period and won this game for the Leafs who were on their heels from the 1/2 point of the 2nd period 2. Colton Orr took a shot on the chin and was dropped.  Did not return.  Good scrap though 3. Malkin and Crosby were all over the ice but couldn't cash in.  Malkin had a penalty shoot and missed badly (one of the worst attempts I've ever seen).  Pittsburg defence was not great and Fleury was really shaky in net. 4. Schenn had a great game on defence and looks to have rebounded from his sophmore year. 5. Your buddy Kessel was MIAand benched a couple of shifts.  Overall the 1st unit was horrible last night 6. Mike Brown and Colton Armstrong were the best Leafs, mostly in checking roles.  Mike Brown can absolutely fly out there, I was really impressed both these players. 7. Leafs demonstrate good team speed and block a lot of shots (I think Versteeg has 4 blocked shots alone). 8. Leaf defence still gives the puck away a lot.   Gunnersson looks lost right now (just like how Schenn started last year) and will likely be replaced with Lebda when he's healthy. Overall, Leafs look much better but still a work in progress.  Lack of size at center will take it's toll.   Goaltending looks to be a strength, for a change.,
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

Very well said LRH.
    The monster played well enough to win. On a goal or two looked so so but compensated very well when game was on the line in the 3rd.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stanleycomehome. Show Stanleycomehome's posts

I may be wrong,i watched last nights game and they put brown in his spot in the third to protect the lead,I only remember him skating one shift in the third and that was on the pp.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Here you go again spewing the same crap over and over again.  A true sign of OCD, obsessive-compulsive disorder   Take your medicine!!!
    Posted by winexpos[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's OCD.

The world according to Bruins8.

Claims he is a Bruins fan and season ticket holder.
    The trade was Kessel for Seguin and this year and only this year matter.

For some reason only known to Bruins8, the 2nd round pick doesn't count and next year's first doesn't count.

Long term benefit to the team doesn't count.  Only this year matters.  The team was close, of course they lost against the Canes WITH KESSEL, but that doesn't count either.

According to Bruins8 the trade is a failure even tho its not completed yet.

But back to the point of this thread.  Things don't look good in Leafland.  If they are already benching star players to squeeze out a win, it's not a good sign, not this early in the season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

What happened to the ignore button, folks?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

bruins8, I do agree with you about the Kessell trade. We don't know if he was going to stay- I think he was leaving regardless, but that is my opinion.  With this team so close, they should have done whatever it took to get back there, and they didn't. Yes Seguin looks like a real keeper, but I want to win now. Yesterday would be even better, but that ain't going to happen. Another goal scorer and we get past Philly. Then who knows.

I was at the Gardens when Edmonton hoisted the cup, and have watched so many close-but-no-cigar finishes that I can't remember them all, back to '71, and the heart break of '78. 

So, to the B's management, do what ever it takes!!! Trade the 'prospects' to load up NOW. We have the team, but are missing a part or 2. GO GET THEM.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

get it straight i am a season ticket holder since 1987-88, who unlike most actually go to all the games....i cant stand the leafs....my issue with not resigning kessel, is at the time the bs were coming off a 116 pt season and i felt were right there as far as winning the cup...last season simply put there was to many injuries...to not bring back your leading goal scorer in my opinion was a mistake...we can argue he didnt want to play here..but even if that was the case, which it wasnt, money wouldve changed his mind....theres no denying he had his faults in his game, but judging by his goal total and plus 23, he didnt hurt the bs, he helped them, and the other lines, aka ryder line, to play against lesser opponents, to luckily get seguin knight spooner etc is great..and you all are right in time those 3 as a package should be better than kessel and maybe it all works out and we win many cups..but im sick of waiting, 2008 bs were good enough to win it and we let our top scorer go...we couldve crunch numbers to keep 46 17 and 81...and we shouldve...i hope this clears the air about why im upset over this kessel trade..seguin in 3 years hopefully will be a star but what about this season...i still feel good about it but with 81 we would have a better shot today than with 19....in 2012 and going forward 19 will give us a better shot

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Thank you thank you !!! it's unfortunate when people reply to a post we still get to see the other posters remarks.  I need a break from all this PK BS.  I'm als very bitter that I had to go almost a full week without watching the Bruins play while other teams are playing.  BadHabitude ,  the key is there " How many points/goals did he get against the Canes ??? " One ?  Bruins just needed 1 more goal from that 40 goal scorer to win that series. 
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I know, I've got to stop.  But the guy is like conspiracy theory nuts. 
    Every fact against them is suspect at best and usually disregarded.
    Everything that they can think of that *MIGHT* be true is a fact.

And there's always some deeper plot, some evil villian in the background named Bruins management giving Stanley Cups away to any homeless person walking by.

And those conspiracy theory people drive me nuts.  There is no big foot, no aliens, no shooter from the grassy knoll, no bermuda triangle.  Zero proof about any of those.

I am learning to ignore.  I have to restrain myself, but I am.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

in all honestly since 1987-88 i've prob spent close to if not more than 100k in tix, road trips to see the bs, merchandise (got 52 jerseys) etc so please dont tell me im not a bs fan (i got a tatoo of them) i love the bruins and been waiting all my life for a cup  been through to many broken heart games....was at the peter klima breaks a city's heart game, was in buf for the may day game, in mtl in 2002, 2004, 2007 playoffs all killers, saw the oil skate the cup in the garden and in edm...and many many more ..........and it hurts...just want the bs to win just like all of you...i know i come off not so nice to some of you..but for those of you that know me you know thats not the case..even know we disagree in somethings about the bs we are all 1 in our heart when it comes to our loyalty to the bs...so here it is i have nothing against any of you i like you all..now go give hab fans hell not me! im part of bruin nation  i named my 2 boys after cam neely and tyler seguin 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]What happened to the ignore button, folks?
    Posted by shaunk[/QUOTE]

Thank you thank you !!! it's unfortunate when people reply to a post we still get to see the other posters remarks.  I need a break from all this PK BS. 
    I'm als very bitter that I had to go almost a full week without watching the Bruins play while other teams are playing. 
    BadHabitude,  the key is there " How many points/goals did he get against the Canes ??? " One ?  Bruins just needed 1 more goal from that 40 goal scorer to win that series. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stanleycomehome. Show Stanleycomehome's posts

so we completely ignore the 4.5 million differance between seguin and kessel and just make it as simple as replace seguin with kessel. Its not that easy if kessel was here then you have to take atleast 1 if not 2 significant players off this roster. How can you not understand this?