Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

Kessel just scored his 19th to make it 1-0 Leafs over the Sens. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

BadHab - Considering the Leafs had last night's game seemingly in the bag with the 2 points and the points earned tonight against the Sens, barring another unforseen collapse, Toronto could have been breathing down our necks.  With a win tonight, they're not that far behind anyway.  Yikes!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brian030731. Show Brian030731's posts

Kessel would have 30 by now playing with Savard and this lineup

Kind of tough for Kessel being only one of the few talented players at the forward position on that team

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brian030731. Show Brian030731's posts

The Bruins luck is the Maple Leafs will finish with the 6th worst record and out of the lottery.

The the Bruins finish 9th in the east

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Kessel had book-ended his goals to give his team a 4-0 lead at the end of the second.  They are making one of the hottest teams in the league at the moment look very ordinary.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Brian - True enough.  He is THE talented player on offence for the Leafs, with due respect to Sjostrom, Grabovski and Ponikarovsky, who just got his 20th to make it 3-0 Toronto.  In PK, the Leafs have the "gunner" on up front that our club sorely lacks.  Would imagine Burke will be looking for help for him.  Earlier this week, he said he's not done dealing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

They are still 10 pts behind us, and if they won yesterday it would have still been 8 points.  That's a lot in this league.

My God, I know the Sens are a big rival, but you would think they just won the cup.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

o my god.

the leafs stop the hottest team in hockey 5-0 half way thru the 3rd.

Now I am worried, everything is getting turned upside down and I hope this isn't going to be a trend. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

I think you are all missing the point, at this time loseing may be a good thing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthony3063. Show anthony3063's posts

Leafs have turned the corner..they are going to wind up 10-11th from the bottom. Chia pet overplayed his hand..he is a walkin talkin STOOGE!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If those X-rays come back bad for Cam Ward it'll be Edmonton Carolina 1-2!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Kessel just had an awful giveaway that directly led to San Jose's 2nd goal.

:D

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

aww, they lost by one. 2 more points flushed because of a terrible giveaway by the most one-dimensional player in the game!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

BadHab - The Leafs are really 8 points back and your right, that's a lot of points and teams to climb over.  Unless we get some wins, they could close the margin. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitownBruinfan. Show chitownBruinfan's posts

one game closer for 2 great draft positions

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

3-2 Sharks nice giveaway by the Laffs tick tock losing fights losing the game!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

You can bet there are some downtown staggering around hammered because the Leafs won tonight.  Just the way it is around here. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

One game closer to a great draft position.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from michigan-wolverine. Show michigan-wolverine's posts

Kessel just scored a goal to go along with his assist earlier in the game to tie it at 2

:D

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Not allot of punches thrown but Jody Shelley knocked Colton Orr down with one hard right cross. 1-0 Lufas at the first intermission break. Cmon Jumbo!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

sooooo.. they'd be winning if he knew how to play two-way hockey?

I think my math is right

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Daveorr:

Thanks.  I'm of the same mind, I actually hope the Bruins do well and get the lottery pick because they need to find a player to replace Kessel's production.  But I sure hope it doesn't come down to a lottery pick next year, then the trade becomes very 1-sided in favor of the Bruins.

The trade is done with and the Leafs have to go and continue the rebuilding process.  I like the direction they are finally going in but we have a ways to go.
    Kessel will be an important cog in that effort and I enjoy watching him as I prefer offensive hockey to trap-hockey.

Bruins will make the playoffs this year and should be much better next year.  I only hope they seriously think of replacing CJ or at least get him to play Savard and Bergergon a lot more minutes.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

DaveCarr and Bim9:

We certainly don't need any more threads on Kessel but when I read something stupid, you have to call it out.

Kessel had 36 goals last year (only 11 player had more). 

He has 21 and on pace for 38 this year without any center close to a Savard. He has 5 points more than any Bruin player this year and he didn't play until January.

Nothing wrong with being over-zealous Bruin fans, and PC got a great deal that looks like a lottery pick this year,  but please......Kessel playing with Savard he'd already have at least 30....

3rd round pick?  I'll take 18 of those....