Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpeat. Show soxpeat's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

Toronto comes back and wins.  The Rangers losing kind of helps us as far as the playoffs are concerned, even though they did get a point.  We really need Pittsburgh to take care of the Leafs tomorrow night.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : The only circus act is YOU. You're act is old and extremely tired. Toronto 8-2 in their last 10. Only team in the NHL better is Phoenix going 8-1-1
    Posted by VT17BruinsFan[/QUOTE]

Have you watched any of their games lately?  I highly doubt it, whereas BH claims to have watched half of their games.  From what I've seen, when Toronto comes here, he is right.  Kessel has got to be one of the most selfish players I've ever seen.  He could have his 4 linemates standing on the blueline and all he would do is try to skate around the 5 guys the other team has put out there.  About center ice or even alittle before that, he's exhausted, gets bumped but goes down like a pile of bricks, and lollygags it to the bench.  They make alot of mistkaes but they're making up for it, which is the only reason they're winning games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

HNIC can't I have to root for the Blue Shirts but I gotta need a little help Avery!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Okay, so: Leafs have 7 games left.  Here they are, and here's my guess on how they play out, followed by the same for Carolina and Florida.

Pitt (L), Atl (L), Buf (L) Bos (L) Phi (W) NYR (W) Mtl (W).  6 more points.

Carolina:
    Atl (L) Mtl (L) Ott (W) NJD (OTW) TB (W) Mtl (L) Bos (L...unless Boston is locked into a playoff spot and resting players, then W). 6-8 points.

Florida:
    Nas(L)  Buf (L) Bos(L)  NYR(W)  Ott(OTL)  NJD(L)  TB(OTW)  TB (OTL) - 6pts.

I may not have the predictions precisely right, but Atlanta should be motivated, especially after dropping the last game to the Laffs.  Buffalo is a much better team.  The Bruins have two reasons to win.  The other games could go either way, so I've given them to the Laffs assuming that I may underestimating their chances against ATL etc.  But Carolina or Tampa will take two points out of their game, and Florida and Tampa will split four points - or six ideally.  It's still a tough row to hoe for the Laffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

From what I've seen the Leafs wins have been squeakers, they have gone on streaks before.

re: Carolina has the tougher schedule
    OK, but Carolina is more capable of winning.

4 points is a LOT to gain.

Just do me a favor and look at the standings.  And other than the 1st and 2nd place teams, add 4 points to any other team and note where that takes them.

And remember that they were 3 points back not that long ago, and now it's 4.

Finally, they have to actually get those 4 points and that has not happened.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]I watched about half the Leafs game and even tho I want them to lose, they are their own worst enemy. I saw one of the worst too many men calls ever, usually the guy is pretty close to the bench, but the extra guy got inside the blue line.  Actually bad the refs didn't catch it earlier. Kessel drives me totally nuts even tho I want them to lose.  AGAIN tonight he gets the puck behind his own net, looks around, rushes the puck up the ice, crosses center ice, runs out of gas and falls down.  Everybody's open all over the place up ice and he's rushing the puck. The Leafs score the tying goal with a total fluke bad goal, Kaberle shoots it from the corner and Lundquvist is asleep at the switch.  OT goal was a decent one... What a circus act the Leafs are.  I can't believe they can win many more like this, making enormous mistakes and winning games. One postive note, Avery dents Phaneuf's head, Avery goes out with knee injury.  2 total jerks get hurt. The Islanders win, so there is still the 3 pt cushion with the Canes next in line.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    I'll take 'the jerk' Phaneuf at age 24 and 6 million over Chara and his poor pinkie finger at $7.5 Million.

Jerk?  I'm beginning to wonder if your Bruin bias clouds your hockey knowledge.

The guy has been rock solid since he's come to Toronto.  Creates a lot of offensive challenges and, unlike our buddy Chara, finishes every check.  Calgary has sunk since this trade and the Leafs have played very well.

What are you smoking these days Badhab?

I hate the Habs probably more then you hate the Leafs, but I don't go making stuff up about them....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

kESSEL may be guilty of being "selfish",but he is playing with a bunch of minor leagures. If he does make a pass, odds are he will never get it back.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Leafs play has been making me nervous about the picks but as bad as Carolina has been playing it is allot of points to make up. Gotta give it to TO there fighting hard that was a nice comeback against the Blue Shirts last night.

Just gotta hope Staal, Whitney and Co. can hold the Fort!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Those Leafs are loving the role of spoiler.  For those who may want to look at potential losses regarding whom they face these last few games, better you don't 'cause I'd imagine few thought they'd be 8-2 over their last 10 beating such playoff-bound teams as the Sens, Montreal and our Bruins. 

The Rangers played with a lot of intensity last night, jumping to a first period 2-0 lead but those Leafs...

Now, if the Pens can put a halt to their gathering of points tonight re our draft position, I'll breathe a little easier, at least until the Leafs play again, anyway. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I watched about half the Leafs game and even tho I want them to lose, they are their own worst enemy.

I saw one of the worst too many men calls ever, usually the guy is pretty close to the bench, but the extra guy got inside the blue line.  Actually bad the refs didn't catch it earlier.

Kessel drives me totally nuts even tho I want them to lose.  AGAIN tonight he gets the puck behind his own net, looks around, rushes the puck up the ice, crosses center ice, runs out of gas and falls down.  Everybody's open all over the place up ice and he's rushing the puck.

The Leafs score the tying goal with a total fluke bad goal, Kaberle shoots it from the corner and Lundquvist is asleep at the switch.  OT goal was a decent one...

What a circus act the Leafs are.  I can't believe they can win many more like this, making enormous mistakes and winning games.

One postive note, Avery dents Phaneuf's head, Avery goes out with knee injury.  2 total jerks get hurt.

The Islanders win, so there is still the 3 pt cushion with the Canes next in line.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

RHO. Got it on CenterIce. The Kessel goal was a bit soft I think but Leafs have troubles at the other end. That's two from Cosby going to the net.

May get a bit testy if Leafs decide to goon it up. I'd like to see Kessel and Crosby hitting each other with their handbags Wink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Crosby just tied it up 2-2.  Good thing because the Leafs, especially the rough and tumble line of Orr, Primeau and Hanson have been outworking the Pens, particularly in their own end. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from norwoodmustang. Show norwoodmustang's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : ???????????????????????????????????????

Why are my posts getting deleted???

Probably because they are too dumb to leave up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : I'll take 'the jerk' Phaneuf at age 24 and 6 million over Chara and his poor pinkie finger at $7.5 Million. Jerk?  I'm beginning to wonder if your Bruin bias clouds your hockey knowledge. The guy has been rock solid since he's come to Toronto.  Creates a lot of offensive challenges and, unlike our buddy Chara, finishes every check.  Calgary has sunk since this trade and the Leafs have played very well. What are you smoking these days Badhab? I hate the Habs probably more then you hate the Leafs, but I don't go making stuff up about them....
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

??????????????????????????????????????

Why are my posts being deleted?

I had responded saying that I was calling Phaneuf a jerk because of hits like the one against Kopecky, seems like he's trying to hurt people.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]RHO. Got it on CenterIce. The Kessel goal was a bit soft I think but Leafs have troubles at the other end. That's two from Cosby going to the net. May get a bit testy if Leafs decide to goon it up. I'd like to see Kessel and Crosby hitting each other with their handbags
    Posted by Kurako[/QUOTE]
    Kurako - True enough on PK's goal.  It seemed to handcuff Fleury.  Giguere made a couple of big stops towards the end of the period.  Those Leafs are playing with a lot of confidence, though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

@BadHab. Some troll is probably using the report button. Sounds like you have drawn the ire of someone with nothing better to do than taunt real fans. Oh and that's 'real' not 'realist'.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Leaft at Penguins. Wouldn't grudge Toronto winning this one on condition that someone driills Cooke!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Wow!  Shortly after the Pens go ahead, those Leafs come back and tie things up 3-3. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Wonder if that clown badhabitude is watching this game? Leafs totally dominating Pittsburgh in their own rink. Kessel #30
    Posted by VicRattlehead[/QUOTE]

???????????????????????????????????????

Why are my posts getting deleted???

That was the best period I've seen the Leafs play.  If they were playing someone other than the Penguins, they might be winning, but the Penguins are winning right now 3-2.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Leaft at Penguins. Wouldn't grudge Toronto winning this one on condition that someone driills Cooke!
    Posted by Kurako[/QUOTE]
    Kurako - Amen to that!  BTW, PK just got his 30th to give the Leafs a 2-1 lead early in the second period.  That quick snapshot of his fooled Fleury.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Anyone just see Cooke's partial shorthanded breakaway?  The commentary should have been "Its Cooke! Going in alone on Giguere!  He shoots it...and there's another souvenier for the fans."  Guess his forte is blindsiding people then hiding behind the instigator rule.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Re: Toronto Record Trackers

Man! These Penguins have no class. Phaneuf and Orr should start knocking some heads together!

EDIT: 4-3 from the penalty on Fleury. Nice!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Those Leafs are amped playing the defending champs.  Its now Leafs leading 4-3.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

It's tough to choose sides here. I want the Leafs to do badly for the sake of the pick. I think my hatred for the Penguins trumps that even though I know it shouldn't. I just can't cheer on the scummy Penguins! Then again they'll make the playoffs in any case so may as well limit the Leafs to 1 point now.

So after that convoluted thinking it's 'Go Pens', er... or do I mean Leafs? Undecided

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]OK. For me it is now official worry time.  Not because of the points that they have, but because of today's performance.  It wasn't that the Pens were down.  I didn't see the Leafs do anything ridiculous like they have been.  Kessel appears to be tamed and doing what he should do, I hadn't considered that when he finally would get with the program, that that would be as big a boost to a team as it was a downer when he was on his own agenda. Also, Booth is out for the season for the Panthers.  Uh oh.
    We still friends BadHab after my last posts to you?......LOL

Actually to be honest, I think time has almost run out.  Good run by the Leafs but Columbus beat Chicago twice so there's no chance to catch them.

I think the only teams that the Leafs have a chance against catching are the Islanders and Carolina (not because they are worse but because they have a very tough schedule to finish the season).

It will come down to the last weekend where Toronto plays in New York and Montreal.  If New York is out (which I'm expecting) and Montreal can't move anywhere else, then the Leafs have an outside chance to get points.   Otherwise they stay where they are p.s. I think Boston plays Carolina at the end so that will be an interesting game.

All in all I can't see Boston getting a pick worse then 3rd, however it's all moot until the balls bounce.  Boston still will get a decent chance at #1 even if the Leafs pass 1 or 2 teams before the end of the season.

P.S.  BadHab; I think I understand your comments around Kessel.  They come across as sour grapes at times, but I think I understand what you're saying and probably agree more with your assessment than you might think...

Kessel is a talent but he can be frustrating at times.  He is NOT a physical player at all and doesn't really do much near the boards.  He may look like he floats around, but I think that's where he's most effective.  Not a good back-checker (can get better but will never be very good).  I think you're looking at a 40+ goal scorer with some obvious warts.  I think it will go down as a good trade for both teams.

It's playoff time soon.....Go Bruins!