Toronto Record Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Re: Toronto Record Tracker

In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker:
    [QUOTE]This is too funny:  http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Phil-Kessel-Missing-posters-will-likely-not-pl;_ylt=AvCEG9fKIJ4TCRVAViA1TM97vLYF?urn=nhl-319897
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

Orr - That is brilliant!  Absolutely hilarious.  That poster and the waffle guy are the Leaf comedy hi-lites so far this season.  Well done!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

My buddy is a big Leafs fan.He told me last night that they were only 7 points out of a playoff spot and that they were making a run for it.I told him good luck with that..........

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]My buddy is a big Leafs fan.He told me last night that they were only 7 points out of a playoff spot and that they were making a run for it.I told him good luck with that..........
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Dez - Full props to your buddy for keeping the faith and although it seems nowadays anything is possible, that's not likely.  They'd have to have climb over Buffalo and the Canes, with 58 and 59 points, respectively. 

Based on their recent play, Atlanta is certainly not a lock for a playoff berth and could easily fall out of contention only to be replaced by the Sabres or Carolina.  

The Leafs had also better watch out they aren't caught and passed by NJ with 48 points. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : Dez - Full props to your buddy for keeping the faith and although it seems nowadays anything is possible, that's not likely.  They'd have to have climb over Buffalo and the Canes, with 58 and 59 points, respectively.  Based on their recent play, Atlanta is certainly not a lock for a playoff berth and could easily fall out of contention only to be replaced by the Sabres or Carolina.   The Leafs had also better watch out they aren't caught and passed by NJ with 48 points. 
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    NJ is a better team so they SHOULD be ahead of the Leafs.They'll only get better when Parise returns.Will the Leafs be better when they have their annual trade-deadline going out of buisiness sale.......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Poor coverage in their own end leaves Pouliot open in front of the Giguerre.  1-0 Habs with just under 8 mins in the second.  Whoa!  Make that 2-0 Montreal.  Hab Gionta open in the slot. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Its 3-0 Habs with under 2 mins left in regulation.  Ugh!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Its a final.  Habs 3-0 over the Leafs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

kessel looked completely lost out there tonight ,another game with no goals

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]kessel looked completely lost out there tonight ,another game with no goals
    Posted by bruinsfan084evr[/QUOTE]

Well, at least he's consistent.. what do you want for 5.4 million bucks!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

If Kessel get's an elite playmaker he will consistently score 30 goals a season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ok I hate the Sabres with a passion "May Day, May Day" but I want them to cream the Leafs! Kaleta must stay away from Kaberle 0-0 in the 1st.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Its scoreless between the Leafs and Sens with under 8 minutes left in the second.  Bit of a chippy game with post-whistle scrums.  Big scrap between Rosehill of the Leafs and the Sens' Lessard. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Did anyone see Don Cherry's Coaches Corner tonight?  He accurately called out Mario Lemieux for being a "hypocrite" in his much-publicized comment of rethinking his involvement in the league after the concussion-causing hit on Crosby. 

Cherry had a montage of dirty hits by Malkin on the Canucks' Mitchell, the most recent Cooke hit-from-behind-on-Tyutin garbage and of course, the one he did to Savard to help prove his point and noted how Lemieux was silent on those  but has suddenly found his voice when one of his own receives the same treatment.

Cherry correctly said Lemieux's talking out of both sides of his mouth on the issue plus the NHL has made him a millionaire.  He's right on about the double-standard words from Lemieux. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Wow this could be a great night.
    Edmonton won.
    Devils up 3-1 in the 3rd.
    Isles up 2-0 in the 3rd
    Fla 1-1 we can hope
    Sen Leafs tonight we can hope.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Wow this could be a great night. Edmonton won. Devils up 3-1 in the 3rd. Isles up 2-0 in the 3rd Fla 1-1 we can hope Sen Leafs tonight we can hope.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Agreed, BadHab.  The makings are there for a productive evening for Bruin draft purposes.  If the Panthers, Isles and Sens can emerge with wins, there should be black and gold smiles all 'round.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Did anyone see Don Cherry's Coaches Corner tonight?  He accurately called out Mario Lemieux for being a "hypocrite" in his much-publicized comment of rethinking his involvement in the league after the concussion-causing hit on Crosby.  Cherry had a montage of dirty hits by Malkin on the Canucks' Mitchell, the most recent Cooke hit-from-behind-on-Tyutin garbage and of course, the one he did to Savard to help prove his point and noted how Lemieux was silent on those  but has suddenly found his voice when one of his own receives the same treatment. Cherry correctly said Lemieux's talking out of both sides of his mouth on the issue plus the NHL has made him a millionaire.  He's right on about the double-standard words from Lemieux. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

What was Cherry saying about Colborn?
     I was occupied between periods and didn't readlly hear.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Toronto Record Tracker : What was Cherry saying about Colborn?  I was occupied between periods and didn't readlly hear.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Cherry said Colborne was a "pretty good" player and provided some hi-lites of his Marlie debut this afternoon in which he scored on a backhand from in front of the net but also displayed some slick moves in deking the goalie out of his equipment to score in the SO. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Its still scoreless in OT between the Sens and Leafs largely because Anderson is putting on a goaltending clinic for Ottawa.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Would have preferred it be in regulation time to deny Toronto a point but the Sens just shut out the Leafs 1-0 in a SO.  Craig Anderson's debut with Ottawa was outstanding.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Not quite as good of a day as it could have been, with teams chasing the Leafs only picking up one point rather than two, but still nice.

Boy, Spezza can get a puck moving fast with only a little stick movement.

Edit: Colodado winning would be great too.  I hadn't realized just how far down in the standings they had dropped.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Not quite as good of a day as it could have been, with teams chasing the Leafs only picking up one point rather than two, but still nice. Boy, Spezza can get a puck moving fast with only a little stick movement.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

DrCC - Spezza's got serious skills.  He's probably the Sens' biggest asset at present.  His club is a good example of what can happen to a team in what seems like a short period of time.  From Cup finalists in '07 to bottom of the league in '11. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Both teams are not exactly lighting the lamo this year. I thought TO completely outplayed the Sens but I am happy with the outcome.

By the way, did anyone see the Lessard/Rosehill tilt? Classic:

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/102439

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Both teams are not exactly lighting the lamo this year. I thought TO completely outplayed the Sens but I am happy with the outcome. By the way, did anyone see the Lessard/Rosehill tilt? Classic: http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/102439
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

jm - It was a good one.  Both were lefties (?) and had their fists balled up and ready to fire which they did, big time.  Bet Don Cherry includes it in next year's "Rock 'Em Sock 'Em" series. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

How many think Toronto is going down in the standings soon?  Atlanta is doing a "Tom Petty", Buffalo and Colorado are better teams than Toronto, NJ is on a train to make the playoffs, with Isles, Florida on par with Toronto.  Ottawa and Edmonton are fore gone conclusions.  With the trades, Toronto is not going to maintain the current winning pace imo.  Any thoughts?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

3 way tie for 5th.  I hope they unload another player.  You'll see just how valuable Kaberle was by how bad they tank now.  Sens and Oilers still have some talented guys to unload.  If they do, they'll stink even worse too.  COL should take a pretty solid nose dive as well.  If we can get in the top 3 after the lottery (assuming TOR is in it), I'd love to get Ryan Murphy.  Check out his highlight reel.  He will be special!  Then again I'm not a scout and I'm sure the other top prospects' videos are good too.  i just really like what I see and read about him!