Trade Krecji, Hamill, 2nd rounder for Iginla

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Trade Krecji, Hamill, 2nd rounder for Iginla

I'm not panicking , but just looking to making our team a little better !  

Iginla may not be a Spring chicken but he'll bring a whole lotta grit and

veteran leadership that the Bruins lost when Recchi retired !

Calgary is looking to retool .  It would be a win / win trade for both teams .

OK. Blast away !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Trade Krecji, Hamill, 2nd rounder for Iginla

Your offer for Iginla is too generous.

Especially for a guy who has given so much grit and veteran leadership as he has  this year and last. And what has it gotten the Flames? -- nowhere.

Iginla is finished - just like a guy you may remember...Kaberle.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Iginla has a NMC clause in his contract. There has never been any indications of any desire by the Flames to trade him. Iginla has never said he wants out of Calgary.

Until I see anything that is different from above this is a fantasy league trade .

http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=438

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Krecji, Hamill, 2nd rounder for Iginla:
    [QUOTE]Your offer for Iginla is too generous. Especially for a guy who has given so much grit and veteran leadership as he has  this year and last. And what has it gotten the Flames? -- nowhere. Iginla is finished - just like a guy you may remember...Kaberle.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

One of the most recognized leaders and players in the game for this pkg??? DK is a fine creative player but something with his consistancy is less than desired. 
    Iggy isnt untouchable but he will command a premium.  I think Calgary will need to be blown away with an offer. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Calgary will ask for Dougie Hamilton or Jordan Caron.  Bet on it. 

I don't think we will get Iginla, but I do think it's time to consider a move.

Maybe Shane Doan?  Or Daniel Alfredsson? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Trading a top young center with a good cap hit and still not at UFA status for an aging star wing with a big cap hit for the next two years? That's a terrible trade and a good way to ruin your organization. I like Iginla, and he's still good, but DK is a tremendous asset. You should trade to get younger, not older. Especially not that much older.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

I'd take Alfreddson in a heartbeat, as long as you are only giving up a draft pick and a player in the AHL other than Spooner and Hamilton.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

i would take iggy   for    hamil and   krecji      any time

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Trading a top young center with a good cap hit and still not at UFA status for an aging star wing with a big cap hit for the next two years? That's a terrible trade and a good way to ruin your organization. I like Iginla, and he's still good, but DK is a tremendous asset. You should trade to get younger, not older. Especially not that much older.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Well said !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

The best possible trade at this time would be Krejci+Hamill for Bobby Ryan

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013..if we make the playoffs

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Trading a top young center with a good cap hit and still not at UFA status for an aging star wing with a big cap hit for the next two years? That's a terrible trade and a good way to ruin your organization. I like Iginla, and he's still good, but DK is a tremendous asset. You should trade to get younger, not older. Especially not that much older.

Pretend you are Calgary.  Franchise player- Leader of the team and community.  Money for 30 goals a year.  DK is a nice player but Iginla is a superstar in ability and presence.  If I'm the GM in Calgary I would simply say blow me away with an offer.  DK would be a starting point but they would want more.  DK is also coming up on a contract extension.  DK to me is feast or famine.  1 pt this year. 
    Iggy will remain an elite player for a while and I sure don't see him slowing down much.  Someone said this to me last year on here.  Then Iggy goes out and gets his 30 goals while making it look easy all while not having much to play with.  If he ever had an elite center we are talking about a 40-50 goal guy every year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I agree that Calgary loves Iginla and they don't want to trade him for business reasons. I also think he is a real good player. But he's also 34 and has a big cap hit. He's money for 30 goals, but for how much longer? Every player is different and when a player gets in their late 30's there is a chance they hit the wall, the year when they can no longer do it.  Iginla might be outstanding till he's 40, but he also might be like most players who's production drops at 35 or soon after. Maybe he is only a 25 goal scorer now. People thought Ryder's contract was horrible at 4mil, what would they think of a 7mil 25 goal man? But I'm not so concerned about Iginla, as I said, I still like him, but more the value of Krejci. At 25 his prime is ahead of him. The fact that whatever team holds his rights has exclusive negotiating to work out a long term deal is very valuable. His 44 points in 52 career playoff games compares very favorably with Iginla's 49 in 54. Regardless of which player is better at this moment, DK's combination of skill, cap hit, contract status, age and upward mobility make him the more valuable asset. He is increasing in value, Iginla is deteriorating. Two years from now DK will be as valuable or more, Iginla will likely be worth next to nothing. If you are going to trade Krejci, you should try to get someone younger.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Krecji, Hamill, 2nd rounder for Iginla : Pretend you are Calgary.  Franchise player- Leader of the team and community.  Money for 30 goals a year.  DK is a nice player but Iginla is a superstar in ability and presence.  If I'm the GM in Calgary I would simply say blow me away with an offer.  DK would be a starting point but they would want more.  DK is also coming up on a contract extension.  DK to me is feast or famine.  1 pt this year.  Iggy will remain an elite player for a while and I sure don't see him slowing down much.  Someone said this to me last year on here.  Then Iggy goes out and gets his 30 goals while making it look easy all while not having much to play with.  If he ever had an elite center we are talking about a 40-50 goal guy every year.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

A Lucic-Seguin-Iginla line makes me feel tingly in my pants..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from blydon75. Show blydon75's posts

If we are going to package up the farm for a significant piece, I'd rather go after Parise.  He unrestricted at the end of the year and it will take a ton to get him, but he's the only BIG name out there that I would give up a ton for.  It will take at least Krejci, Caron, draft picks, and another top prospect (Hamilton, Spooner, Knight, Khocklachev, etc.), but I think Parise would be worth it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I agree that Calgary loves Iginla and they don't want to trade him for business reasons. I also think he is a real good player. But he's also 34 and has a big cap hit. He's money for 30 goals, but for how much longer? Every player is different and when a player gets in their late 30's there is a chance they hit the wall, the year when they can no longer do it.  Iginla might be outstanding till he's 40, but he also might be like most players who's production drops at 35 or soon after. Maybe he is only a 25 goal scorer now. People thought Ryder's contract was horrible at 4mil, what would they think of a 7mil 25 goal man? But I'm not so concerned about Iginla, as I said, I still like him, but more the value of Krejci. At 25 his prime is ahead of him. The fact that whatever team holds his rights has exclusive negotiating to work out a long term deal is very valuable. His 44 points in 52 career playoff games compares very favorably with Iginla's 49 in 54. Regardless of which player is better at this moment, DK's combination of skill, cap hit, contract status, age and upward mobility make him the more valuable asset. He is increasing in value, Iginla is deteriorating. Two years from now DK will be as valuable or more, Iginla will likely be worth next to nothing. If you are going to trade Krejci, you should try to get someone younger. In Response to Re: Trade Krecji, Hamill, 2nd rounder for Iginla :
    I agree entirely. Well said Oates.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

I would love to see Chris Stewart from the Blues in a Bruins uniform... kid's got some real talent and would fit the Bruins mold perfectly.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I would love to see Chris Stewart from the Blues in a Bruins uniform... kid's got some real talent and would fit the Bruins mold perfectly.
    Posted by mb30[/QUOTE]
    Oshie wouldn't be bad either if we're plucking Blues.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]I agree that Calgary loves Iginla and they don't want to trade him for business reasons. I also think he is a real good player. But he's also 34 and has a big cap hit. He's money for 30 goals, but for how much longer? Every player is different and when a player gets in their late 30's there is a chance they hit the wall, the year when they can no longer do it.  Iginla might be outstanding till he's 40, but he also might be like most players who's production drops at 35 or soon after. Maybe he is only a 25 goal scorer now. People thought Ryder's contract was horrible at 4mil, what would they think of a 7mil 25 goal man? But I'm not so concerned about Iginla, as I said, I still like him, but more the value of Krejci. At 25 his prime is ahead of him. The fact that whatever team holds his rights has exclusive negotiating to work out a long term deal is very valuable. His 44 points in 52 career playoff games compares very favorably with Iginla's 49 in 54. Regardless of which player is better at this moment, DK's combination of skill, cap hit, contract status, age and upward mobility make him the more valuable asset. He is increasing in value, Iginla is deteriorating. Two years from now DK will be as valuable or more, Iginla will likely be worth next to nothing. If you are going to trade Krejci, you should try to get someone younger. In Response to Re: Trade Krecji, Hamill, 2nd rounder for Iginla :

Good post. 
    But what is DK's ceiling?  Really.  Is he ever gonna be an elite player?  Is he ever gonna be the face of a franchise.  Is he ever gonna put together a complete season.  I have been waiting and he sure has the skill level.  I am just left wondering if it ever happens.  Do you trade a Bergie or Seguin(NOPE). 
    Eventually Iggy will slow down.  But I see 3-4 solid yrs of play.  And comparing Ryder to Iggy is like comparing Kovalev and Messier.  Iggy is an elite player.  I dont think DK ever hits that especially in Boston.  DK's next contract is gonna be upward of 5 million.  I think our main avenue if DK is dangled should be a top 2 dman. 

This deal would never go down from either side.  And from the same standpoint you make about getting someone younger I would make the argument from Calgary that they should get a pkg of good players with one legit player.  DK isnt gonna sell tickets in Calgary or be the face of a franchise.  I think if Pitt traded Staal for Iggy that is something the Calgary fans can sink their teeth into.

Calgary fans would lose their mind if they traded Iggy for DK.  It wont happen. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Iginla is too old at this point to give up Krejci for.  If you're trading Krejci, I want him packaged with other picks and prospects to get a young scorer in return.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Krecji, Hamill, 2nd rounder for Iginla : Good post.  But what is DK's ceiling?  Really.  Is he ever gonna be an elite player?  Is he ever gonna be the face of a franchise.  Is he ever gonna put together a complete season.  I have been waiting and he sure has the skill level.  I am just left wondering if it ever happens.  Do you trade a Bergie or Seguin(NOPE).  Eventually Iggy will slow down.  But I see 3-4 solid yrs of play.  And comparing Ryder to Iggy is like comparing Kovalev and Messier.  Iggy is an elite player.  I dont think DK ever hits that especially in Boston.  DK's next contract is gonna be upward of 5 million.  I think our main avenue if DK is dangled should be a top 2 dman.  This deal would never go down from either side.  And from the same standpoint you make about getting someone younger I would make the argument from Calgary that they should get a pkg of good players with one legit player.  DK isnt gonna sell tickets in Calgary or be the face of a franchise.  I think if Pitt traded Staal for Iggy that is something the Calgary fans can sink their teeth into. Calgary fans would lose their mind if they traded Iggy for DK.  It wont happen. 
    So then we agree that this deal wouldn't seem a good fit for either team. Not a crazy idea on BOA's part, I just don't think it would work well for either right now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Krecji, Hamill, 2nd rounder for Iginla : One of the most recognized leaders and players in the game for this pkg??? DK is a fine creative player but something with his consistancy is less than desired.  Iggy isnt untouchable but he will command a premium.  I think Calgary will need to be blown away with an offer. 

They won't get blown by PC.
    They'll need to look elsewhere for that...Downtown maybe?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

Krecji/Rask and a 1st for Parise/Zajac. No thanks on Iginla. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Iginla's never had any real talent around him and is still a point per game winger. Ovechkin has played in a much softer division his whole career, with much better centers and scoring depth and has only slightly better total points.

If Calgary signed off on that trade the Bruins shouldn't waste longer than it took to say "thank you" to order up his plane ticket.

[QUOTE]Your offer for Iginla is too generous. Especially for a guy who has given so much grit and veteran leadership as he has  this year and last. And what has it gotten the Flames? -- nowhere. Iginla is finished - just like a guy you may remember...Kaberle.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Krecji, Hamill, 2nd rounder for Iginla : So then we agree that this deal wouldn't seem a good fit for either team. Not a crazy idea on BOA's part, I just don't think it would work well for either right now.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

100%.  Its simply not a good fit.  Calgary would want more of a sure thing and franchise type player and we likely are giving up a lot to get a player who is going to start slowing down.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Krecji, Hamill, 2nd rounder for Iginla : Good post.  But what is DK's ceiling?  Really.  Is he ever gonna be an elite player?  Is he ever gonna be the face of a franchise.  Is he ever gonna put together a complete season.  I have been waiting and he sure has the skill level.  I am just left wondering if it ever happens.  Do you trade a Bergie or Seguin(NOPE).  Eventually Iggy will slow down.  But I see 3-4 solid yrs of play.  And comparing Ryder to Iggy is like comparing Kovalev and Messier.  Iggy is an elite player.  I dont think DK ever hits that especially in Boston.  DK's next contract is gonna be upward of 5 million.  I think our main avenue if DK is dangled should be a top 2 dman.  This deal would never go down from either side.  And from the same standpoint you make about getting someone younger I would make the argument from Calgary that they should get a pkg of good players with one legit player.  DK isnt gonna sell tickets in Calgary or be the face of a franchise.  I think if Pitt traded Staal for Iggy that is something the Calgary fans can sink their teeth into. Calgary fans would lose their mind if they traded Iggy for DK.  It wont happen. 

Calgary needs to rebuild !  3 young players for Iggy is a great start for Calgary
    and would be much better than what Boston got for a young Joe Thornton or for an older Ray Bourque.

Iggy would be the glue and the force that would propel the Bruins to a second Stanley cup !  

Is the price too high ?  One would have to seriously wonder !