Trade looks better every day

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins7733. Show Bruins7733's posts

Trade looks better every day

LE is 3rd in points per game and RS is 4th.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Trade looks better every day

i think that's it in a nut shell. bruins get scoring depth as opposed to one talented player. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins7733. Show Bruins7733's posts

If that second line starts producing night in and night out this team will be tough to beat. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I continue to like this trade...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Add to the above info that Seguin is hurting with a "muscle issue", and it's even better. 

You have to wonder if it's related to that hip issue that we BEAT TO DEATH in 2010.

And, on top of that, Hall was wearing a Red Sox hat, so that tell you everything.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Add to the above info that Seguin is hurting with a "muscle issue", and it's even better. 

You have to wonder if it's related to that hip issue that we BEAT TO DEATH in 2010.

And, on top of that, Hall was wearing a Red Sox hat, so that tell you everything.

[/QUOTE]

Ruff kept him out of practice for the last 2 days but he's supposed to be ready to face Chicago tonight.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Its called "drinkers elbow" i believe.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Bruins7733's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If that second line starts producing night in and night out this team will be tough to beat. 

[/QUOTE]

They're already tough to beat

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Madhouse27. Show Madhouse27's posts

One other aspect of Loui's game is his ability during a shorthanded situation. Man, did he do some nice work paired with Soupy out there today on the penalty kill. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bruins7733's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They're already tough to beat

[/QUOTE]

So true.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not the hip, I believe the doctors are calling it a 'heart strain'.  Supposed to get worse in late spring...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not the hip, I believe the doctors are calling it a 'heart strain'.  Supposed to get worse in late spring...

[/QUOTE]

hmmmm...I assumed they were referring to a party-related issue involving a muscle below the equator

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bobby Orr is Hall's agent . So that also tells me something about the hall and seguin situation. I still think if boston could of gotten Hall before Seguin in the draft, then Hall would still be a Bruin today and popping in goals on the first line with looch and krejci.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Its called "drinkers elbow" i believe.

[/QUOTE]

Definetly not tennis elbow LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bobby Orr is Hall's agent . So that also tells me something about the hall and seguin situation. I still think if boston could of gotten Hall before Seguin in the draft, then Hall would still be a Bruin today and popping in goals on the first line with looch and krejci.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think the agents for either player have much to do with anything.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Forever jealous that you didn't observe the BoSox hat and I did.

I hate you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Its called "drinkers elbow" i believe. [/QUOTE]

Huh....so that's why my Irish Gradnfather iced his elbow while he pounded beer too Sox games. Probably saved him a few trips too the doctor as well.

Good stuff right there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

So far, Reilly Smith has been the better of the two major pieces in the trade for Boston.

Out of all Boston players with more than 5 games played, Smith and Soderberg have the best production, at 20:58 and 22:45, respectively. The next closest is Lucic at 24:59. Those two both get about 13:40 of ice time per game.

Loui has been solid in winning puck battles and maintaining possession. While his point totals aren't great, neither are his linemates. Marchand has been a turnover machine this year, and Bergeron just hasn't created nearly as much as he usually does. I think that line is only going to improve as the year goes on, though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So far, Reilly Smith has been the better of the two major pieces in the trade for Boston.

Out of all Boston players with more than 5 games played, Smith and Soderberg have the best production, at 20:58 and 22:45, respectively. The next closest is Lucic at 24:59. Those two both get about 13:40 of ice time per game.

Loui has been solid in winning puck battles and maintaining possession. While his point totals aren't great, neither are his linemates. Marchand has been a turnover machine this year, and Bergeron just hasn't created nearly as much as he usually does. I think that line is only going to improve as the year goes on, though.

[/QUOTE]

where are you getting those numbers? they aren't accurate.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

oh i think i get what you're saying. that's minutes per point produced?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

oh i think i get what you're saying. that's minutes per point produced?

[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah, I'm not saying time on ice. I just think that the "Production" stat is more accurate than points, points per game, or anything like that. Time on ice and taking linemates into account should be heavily considered when talking about how much someone is producing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Eriksson got knocked silly after eight games or so and had to deal with that BS along with new linemates BS.  Chemistry, usually, isn't instant.  Eriksson is a better hockey player than Smith in every facet of the game.

When that line gets going, he's going to be smokin'.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Eriksson got knocked silly after eight games or so and had to deal with that BS along with new linemates BS.  Chemistry, usually, isn't instant.  Eriksson is a better hockey player than Smith in every facet of the game.

[/QUOTE]

Yup. You almost have to give him some freebies for his first few games back after taking that elbow from that Ogre. I think most of the criticism from people on here stems from people liking "flash", which he doesn't have much of.

But like I said when comparing them...."so far". Smith has played incredible hockey, and probably better than what he is going to produce moving forward. But "so far", he has been an animal.

If the rat can find his game, I think the 2nd line will produce a better season than they have in any of the past 3 years (on paper).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Yes it does. In fact the Bruins now have more depth than ever before, and Providence seems to be improving as they play more together. The depth on defense for the bruins is showing up as Seids and Mcq have been able to heal and return without missing a beat, and, it may be wishful thinking, but Boychuck's game seems to be better lately. It has to be tough to sit Bartkowski, but both Krug and Hamilton have the upside in potential scoring. As those who had seen him stated, Eriksson is slick with the puck, still having some misses with both Bergie and Marchand, but they are improving their results. Iginla plays a strong game, but is still mishandling the puck, although his positioning during his shifts is better than most.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yup. You almost have to give him some freebies for his first few games back after taking that elbow from that Ogre. I think most of the criticism from people on here stems from people liking "flash", which he doesn't have much of.

But like I said when comparing them...."so far". Smith has played incredible hockey, and probably better than what he is going to produce moving forward. But "so far", he has been an animal.

If the rat can find his game, I think the 2nd line will produce a better season than they have in any of the past 3 years (on paper).

[/QUOTE]

Ogre!!!!!!!! I like it. LOL