Trade Savard for Salary?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from #1Bruinsfan19. Show #1Bruinsfan19's posts

Trade Savard for Salary?

dont we need salary cap since savard has many injurys why dont we trade him like we did with sturm

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joebondo. Show joebondo's posts

Re: Trade Savard for Salary?

His contract doesnt count against the cap if hes on long term injured reserve therefore, if he doesnt play, its like hes not on the team cap wise.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

and who on earth would take him? and he has a no trade clause....lets keep this stuff in the realm of reality please people

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Maybe they could trade him for Tom Brady, a '64 1/2 Mustang and two free passes on Marvin Gardens (you know, because the hotel makes it really expensive).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wil39. Show wil39's posts

No need to trade Savvy, his cap is in limbo as along as he is on LTIR, and he also has a no-movement clause. If he ever plays again, it will be with the Bruins, and if he doesn't it will be because he retired. 

Me, I'd love to see him back, but he's got to do what's right for his family and future. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Savard for Salary?:
    [QUOTE]No need to trade Savvy, his cap is in limbo as along as he is on LTIR, and he also has a no-movement clause. If he ever plays again, it will be with the Bruins, and if he doesn't it will be because he retired.  Me, I'd love to see him back, but he's got to do what's right for his family and future. 
    Posted by wil39[/QUOTE]

Look what happened to the team without him.

He can stay as far away as China for all I care.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

The guy took an innocent hit and it knocked him SO senseless that, several months later not only can he still not get on an airplane, but he walks into rooms and forgets WHERE HE IS. Not walking from the kitchen to the garage and thinking "What did I come in here for"- that happens to all of us occasionally. He goes from the kitchen to the garage and his brain says "something's changed, where TF am I?" That after an innocent Hunwick hit. It will be a LONG time before he's cleared to take heavy contact. He's progressed this little after 4 months, he wont magically heal in the next 3. Expect him to do the same as Kariya, and take a year off, then re-evaluate. Hopefully he will be more like Bergy, but I suspect the love of the game will keep him waiting a year, but reality will settle in and he'll retire. After that....and I want to emphasise that this is pure speculation.... after that he will be arrested for putting a bullet to the back of Matt Cooke's knee, but he'll get off on temp insanity after a highly publicized trial.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

You can't trade an injured player.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

[QUOTE]You can't trade an injured player.....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]
    Yes you can.  It's just that you usually can't find any takers.  You can't buy out an injured player.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

wow. "New" Bruins fans. Wow

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

I never saw the chemistry between Savard, Lucic and Horton that I saw with Krejci at center. Personally, I would not be upset at all if he was to retire, or agree to a trade should he recover enough to do so. Savard would bring a decent return. Not as much as before the concussions, but the return would still be solid. I just don't see him as a good fit on this team any longer.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I never saw the chemistry between Savard, Lucic and Horton that I saw with Krejci at center. Personally, I would not be upset at all if he was to retire, or agree to a trade should he recover enough to do so. Savard would bring a decent return. Not as much as before the concussions, but the return would still be solid.  I just don't see him as a good fit on this team any longer.  
    Posted by BruWingFan[/QUOTE]

They couldn't get Brandon Bochenski for him right now, even if they threw in a third round pick.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

How pink is your hat when you 1. have the seguin 19 in your name, 2. think we can trade savard right now, and 3. think a team with $12 mill under cap needs to clear room with 2 roster spots open!

We need to make a deal to fill cap space and improve, or resign Krejci/Tuukka

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Nothing about this proposal makes sense or is based in reality.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Savard for Salary? : Yes you can.  It's just that you usually can't find any takers.  You can't buy out an injured player.
    Posted by Mutant211[/QUOTE]

Not an injured player on LTIR as Savard is. It is in the CBA but I am too lazy to go and reference it for you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Wasn't Marco Sturm still on LTIR when he was traded last year?