TRADE TALK - Who should the Bruins target?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

TRADE TALK - Who should the Bruins target?

Would Calgary take a nice package of players + prospects for Iginla ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: TRADE TALK - Who should the Bruins target?

In Response to TRADE TALK - Who should the Bruins target?:
    [QUOTE]Would Calgary take a nice package of players + prospects for Iginla ?
    Posted by olsonstephanie[/QUOTE]
    Sure they would but don't forget the dollars have to add up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Matt Moulson... see my other posts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Any one to inject some heart on this team.

Zero passion.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to TRADE TALK - Who should the Bruins target?:
    [QUOTE]Would Calgary take a nice package of players + prospects for Iginla ?
    Posted by olsonstephanie[/QUOTE]

Do you want to start with Krejci or Bergeron?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Iginla is so overrated on this board. I guess all over the NHL, too. He's not the same player he was 5 years ago. And given what we'd need to pay to get him and what we'd have to pay him once he's here, several posters would be on his back by the end of his first shift.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

Before a trade . . .  Neely should have walked into that dressing room and Raged/Ranted on the players. Should have told them that the discraceful lack of heart just cost their coach his job! Wait.Maybe that's the problem . lack of killer instict may be a personnel prob and not the coach. Ya- trade em all. Sorry, I'm still far too angry and dissappointed to propose any rational thoughts. Tomorrow I'll just be embarassed. I'm going to the Boston vancouver game on Feb. 26th.I'm afraid. I hope something happens before that time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

N-O-T,

I would start with either of them and maybe our 1st and 2nd rounders. 
    If we offered Bergie/Wheeler 1st and 2nd that might be enough to get it done.  Is it too much?  Time will tell but this yrs draft isnt great after the 1st 10 picks and we already have the Leafs.  Too me he is the surest thing out there and we need a go to scorer and leader.
    Calgary is gonna blow it up soon. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

dc- he may be overrated but no one is more consistant.  check his stats out and tell me where he has fallen off.  We talk about our own guys in this system.  Well Iggy has absolutely no one.  He still has a lot left in the tank.  He is in the top 20 in scoring and instantly becomes our top goal scorer. 
    He is still an elite player.  And I would love him leading this group into the playoffs. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

NAS you use to annoy me. Now, I am agreeing with your one punches or short and direct responses. Iginla - krejci or bergeron wil be the center man Calgary would want. I am saying no thanx but if we put Lucic in their and propsects then i would say yes. But sometimes when you trade a dog for dog, you come home with a kitten. If Moulson is on the block then i would persue him also. For Horton I am hoping he picks it up for the second half. Savard just is not the Savard he once was but head injuries can do that to a player.

Overall if we can get Iginla and Moulson on the Bruins why not but not giving up bergy or krejci.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Shupe --

I was a bit hard on Iginla, you're right. A very consistent 30 goal man. A true leader with serious grit. Like him personally, but would not be a good hockey move for this club.

Consider his point totals in the last 3 years -- 98, 89, 69 -- and his current projection of 72 this year. Seems like a player in decline and makes sense given his style of play. Of course, Calgary has headed in the same direction. Cause, effect, no relation, I cannot say.

Then think of what we'd have to give up to get him. Assuming we'd have to give up Krejci+, are the extra 11 goals worth that (not to mention the cap space that would be eaten up)?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

dc-
    in one word.  YES. 
    If the B's have to give up Krejci/Wheeler and a 1st rounder for Iggy then I would do it.  I would have done it last year.  He is still an elite player.  Yes he is older and some of his points have dropped.  But he has also gone through 3 coaches(so three different systems)....numerous centers which don't fit the bill and constantly puts the team on his shoulders and delivers. And yeah his stats died but he also won a gold medal with canada and set up the winner.  Is a proven winner.  Is a heart and soul guy who fights for every inch.  Is that someone I want.  You bet it is.  He would look excellent in a B's uniform.  He is a go to performer on a team that doesnt have one.  We have no one guy that can change a game.  Iggy can do it in a variety of ways.  For a team with so many so called excellent fighters we sure are soft. 
    Savy/Horton/Lucic
    Bergie/Iggy/?

Yes...YES....YEEEES.  Sometimes you need to change things up.  4 centers and no wingers is fine when its Sid and Malkin and Staal.  But when its Savy/Bergie/Krejci its not. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

On a smaller scale I would like them to make a deal for Kris Russell of Columbus. A small but skilled PMD who has been underachieving in Columbus & could use a change of scenery.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

That got you a little too excited at the end. I'll agree we need the "go to performer" on this team, but if we need to trade for one, I want one that we'll be able to go to for more than a year or two.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Look at what Kovalchuk is doing for NJ... I don't disagree that we need to add some scoring, but whoever we get needs to fit our system (and not try to change the system to fit one elite player!)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

I'm thinking a Richards or Kesler type player. Someone who will absolutely get in the face of anyone doggin' it. I mean these guys would sell their Moms for wooden nickels to buy the stanley cup. I am sick of soft play, we need players that are hungry not these pansies that wear the black & gold now. I think we should definetly get Bieksa for Ference & Colborne.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: TRADE TALK - Who should the Bruins target?:
    [QUOTE]dc- in one word.  YES.  If the B's have to give up Krejci/Wheeler and a 1st rounder for Iggy then I would do it.  I would have done it last year.  He is still an elite player.  Yes he is older and some of his points have dropped.  But he has also gone through 3 coaches(so three different systems)....numerous centers which don't fit the bill and constantly puts the team on his shoulders and delivers. And yeah his stats died but he also won a gold medal with canada and set up the winner.  Is a proven winner.  Is a heart and soul guy who fights for every inch.  Is that someone I want.  You bet it is.  He would look excellent in a B's uniform.  He is a go to performer on a team that doesnt have one.  We have no one guy that can change a game.  Iggy can do it in a variety of ways.  For a team with so many so called excellent fighters we sure are soft.  Savy/Horton/Lucic Bergie/Iggy/? Yes...YES....YEEEES.  Sometimes you need to change things up.  4 centers and no wingers is fine when its Sid and Malkin and Staal.  But when its Savy/Bergie/Krejci its not. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Would the dollars work on the deal you've proposed?If so,I'd love to see Iginla in Boston.That's alot to give up but Iginla is an elite payer who brings it every night.Couldn't help but notice you've said Krejci rather than Bergeron.Does it have anything to do with the way Bergeron earned his salary tonight?I'd trade Wheeler/Krejci for him but not Wheeler/Bergeron.But that's just me...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TRADE TALK - Who should the Bruins target? : Would the dollars work on the deal you've proposed?If so,I'd love to see Iginla in Boston.That's alot to give up but Iginla is an elite payer who brings it every night.Couldn't help but notice you've said Krejci rather than Bergeron.Does it have anything to do with the way Bergeron earned his salary tonight?I'd trade Wheeler/Krejci for him but not Wheeler/Bergeron.But that's just me...
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

IMO, Krejci has the potential to be better with Iginla than Bergeron.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]Look at what Kovalchuk is doing for NJ... I don't disagree that we need to add some scoring, but whoever we get needs to fit our system (and not try to change the system to fit one elite player!)
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

We need to change the system(read coach) to fit a whole team and we might not need any players.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: TRADE TALK - Who should the Bruins target?:[QUOTE]On a smaller scale I would like them to make a deal for Kris Russell of Columbus. A small but skilled PMD who has been underachieving in Columbus & could use a change of scenery.Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

Columbus is the one team that I keep hearing that wants to deal right now. For Mark Stuart ? The money would work...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TRADE TALK - Who should the Bruins target? : IMO, Krejci has the potential to be better with Iginla than Bergeron.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    All I mean is I'd trade DK before Bergeron.What Bergeron brings doesn't always show up in the boxscores.12 points in last 11 games says he can chip in when given the chance.He was +2 in a 3-2 loss.That's Bergeron.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TRADE TALK - Who should the Bruins target? : All I mean is I'd trade DK before Bergeron.What Bergeron brings doesn't always show up in the boxscores.12 points in last 11 games says he can chip in when given the chance.He was +2 in a 3-2 loss.That's Bergeron.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I hear what you're saying and I don't disagree. I wouldn't trade either, but if we're making a move for Iginla, I probably deal Bergy over Krejci.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TRADE TALK - Who should the Bruins target? : I hear what you're saying and I don't disagree. I wouldn't trade either, but if we're making a move for Iginla, I probably deal Bergy over Krejci.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    I'll agree to disagree.Bergeron should be a Selke finalist this year and defensive play is undervalued greatly.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I am saying we can not trade Krejci or Bergy until Seguin is a proven center man. If I would deal one it would be Krejci first But will Iginla want to stay in Boston????
    If Iggy will not stay in Bruins Nation then i will say no way Jose. Secondly will he waive his NTC to come here I doubt it.

(1) I will go get a safer bet and less value for trade ie Moulson

(2) CJ will be our coach for remaining season then i have the feeling he will be dismiss in the off season

(3) He will not bring the cup to Boston with the roster we have at the moment

(4) If we can send Savard and Ryder to NYI to get Moulson and Comeau then that is the deal i would do. The best thing for Savy i hate to say it is a change of scenery. But Savy two city choices were Ottawa and Toronto.These 2 teams i prefer him going to Ottawa for who ????? it will be the same contract cost.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from anddebbv. Show anddebbv's posts

micheal leighton from philly a stand up goalie , send savard to ottawa for daniel afredsson leat alfie comes to play every nite, sure like what the bruins did to glen murray , they gave wideman a big deal an let him go ,wasnt worth the money .murray can still play , with reechi  a guy who could score 30 plus goals put him on waivers an than buy him out , do any of you think he can still play the game , lots of teams including the bruins wouldnt mind havin him in the line up atleast he can score or set up i think rask should be sent to the minors for the rest of the year till he gets his head outta his behind an start playing

wheeler i trade him away , isnt doing anything to help the team ,if the bruins wanna be a contender we have to get a new coach colonel saunders isnt getting it done ,th e4th line last nite is he dreaming