Trade value on Thomas may be at its peak!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird8817. Show Bird8817's posts

Trade value on Thomas may be at its peak!!!

I fully understand TT is on fire and the reason that the B's are where they are, we know what we have in Rask, solid solid keeper no doubt. We can't keep these 2 studs forever TT trade value has to be almost maxed out if there ever was a time to get something for him it would be now. I am really torn on this keep him or not yeah he is awsome right now but how long can this last, I think if PC cant do anything with TT signing Rask in the future is next to impossible I am pretty sure he doesnt want to ride the pine, hes a proven solid starter. I dont know when his contract is up......feedback????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Trade value on Thomas may be at its peak!!!

In Response to Trade value on Thomas may be at its peak!!!:
    [QUOTE]I fully understand TT is on fire and the reason that the B's are where they are, we know what we have in Rask, solid solid keeper no doubt. We can't keep these 2 studs forever TT trade value has to be almost maxed out if there ever was a time to get something for him it would be now. I am really torn on this keep him or not yeah he is awsome right now but how long can this last, I think if PC cant do anything with TT signing Rask in the future is next to impossible I am pretty sure he doesnt want to ride the pine, hes a proven solid starter. I dont know when his contract is up......feedback????
    Posted by Bird8817[/QUOTE]
    Rask needs to be resigned after next year.In a way the resurgence of TT has helped with this too.Had Rask continued(from last year)to be the clear #1 goalie in Boston it would've been that much harder to sign him at a reasonable rate.Now that TT has re-established himself as a Vezina calibre performer it gives PC and the Bruins a fall back plan.So that's one more reason that PC should be careful about trading TT.If Rask has no competition for work he may expect more cash as a result.Right now,at 6.25m,the Bruins are getting a bargain for the quality of tending they receive.I am wary of PC screwing with a formula that's working. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

Timmy is here until Rask starts his new contract.   Be thankful.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsChef. Show BruinsChef's posts

Thomas is a choke artist in the playoffs. There is a reason he is 35 and only won 1 playoff round in his career

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Trade value on Thomas may be at its peak!!!:
    [QUOTE]Thomas is a choke artist in the playoffs. There is a reason he is 35 and only won 1 playoff round in his career
    Posted by BruinsChef[/QUOTE]

There is a reason he is 36 and only 1 playoff round, but it has nothing to do with him being a choker.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

When does it stop! Why in the name of God anyone would even be thinking about trading away the goalie that is leading in every catergory in
     his position & why anyone who is truly a fan of this team that would even be considering the idea is nonsensical!  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Rask hasn't proven anything in the NHL.  Neither has Thomas for that matter.  Both have put up great numbers in the regular season, but have failed to get it done in the playoffs.  Of course you listen to trade offers for Thomas (his trade value is the highest it's been in a long time), but I doubt they will get equal value for him.  NHL goalies, no matter how good, just don't get the same kind of return as an elite d-man/forward.  Just look at what the Habs got for Halak.  I say stick with the hot goalie and ride him all the way to the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird8817. Show Bird8817's posts

[QUOTE]When does it stop! Why in the name of God anyone would even be thinking about trading away the goalie that is leading in every catergory is his position & why anyone who is truly a fan of this team that would even be considering the idea is nonsensical!  
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

well my friend how many games did TT play in the playoffs last year?.....0. Rask beat TT out of the job, thus in my opinion Rask is better and younger and cheaper, obviously TT is ridiculously good right now, that makes his value for trade immense and maybe not that smart to trade right now but he is older and Rask is the B's future...but will Rask sign if TT is still here??? Rask would be starting for 95% of the rest of the teams in the NHL, why would the B's offer Rask a multi year multi million dollar contract when the already have that in TT, I love TT dont get me wrong but he needs to be traded by the trade deadline!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

And how far did Rask take them in the playoffs?  That's right, the exact same amount of games that Thomas did the year before.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade value on Thomas may be at its peak!!! : well my friend how many games did TT play in the playoffs last year?.....0. Rask beat TT out of the job, thus in my opinion Rask is better and younger and cheaper, obviously TT is ridiculously good right now, that makes his value for trade immense and maybe not that smart to trade right now but he is older and Rask is the B's future...but will Rask sign if TT is still here??? Rask would be starting for 95% of the rest of the teams in the NHL, why would the B's offer Rask a multi year multi million dollar contract when the already have that in TT, I love TT dont get me wrong but he needs to be traded by the trade deadline!!!!
    Posted by Bird8817[/QUOTE]

Yes, Thomas played 0 games in the playoffs. Because of his hip. Timmy was not at his peak last year due to the injury.

Yes, Thomas' trade value has gone up. BUT with 3 years of his cap hit left , there still won't be many takers.  Expect Thomas to maintain the starter position in Boston this year and for him to start around 50 games. The real transition to Rask has already began, and should increase next season, where I'm sure the B's brass hopes to give Rask a few more starts.  Of course injuries may skew this.

Yes, the B's will offer Rask a multi year contract unless his skills go the way of Andrew Raycroft for no explicable reason. That will force the B's to look at trading Timmy before the final year of his contract begins as they won't want to commit 8-10 million towards the net.  I think they'll have a better market for him once he has 2 years or less left on his contract, so look for them to start exploring offers next summer.  (After Timmy and Tuukka get their names engraved on the silver chalice I hope!).

Yes, Rask is the percieved future of Bruins goaltending.  He certainly has the talent, but he still has some NHL growing pains to go through.  He's set up in the ideal situation to get ready to blossom over the next few seasons. Being part of a tandem with Thomas is a huge part of that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

f you really can't answer that question for yourself, you are being nonsensical. Lets look at the facts. Thomas is 36 and playing at an elite level, no arguments here, or probably anywhere. However, you can see how down the line, his cap hit could have a negative impact on the team. Tuukka has proven that he can also be an elite goaltender, leading the league in goals against and save percentage last year. Every team would beg to have him as their future and the vast majority would be thrilled to have him be their present as well. Last year the Bruins couldn't move Thomas, there was no interest throughout the league. I'm sure things have changed this year. If his value is at its highest now, the Bruins should field offers for him and see what they could get. If they could get what seems to be an elite draft pick for him, I say pull the trigger. I don't think anyone is saying get rid of him for nothing, but if the right deal comes along, the Bruins should be willing to pounce

IF! The right deal comes along! My question is this! You & your hatred for TT contract is well known! For YOU & any! else to be talking about keeping a goalie (his fault or not) that has ZERO wins on the season to be the #1 goalie on a team that is fighting for the conference lead is just plain lunacy! If the B's were in the same state as New Jersey & Buffalo I could see your arguement! However; NJ has what is supposed to be one of the top 5 goal scorers in the league & THE BEST GOALIE ON THE PLANET! AND BUFFALO HAS ONE OF THE BEST GOALIE'S ON THE PLANET & WHERE ARE THEY!!!!
    Also you & your TT is 36 debate is overrated. Yes he is 36, but his playing in the best league in the world is 26! He doesn't have a 36 yr old NHL  goalie mileage on his body! Do you think if TT's hip went on him after 500-700 games on him in the NHL would have healed this well? I think not! You're young & you're foolish in the way you think. You don't look at the overall picture!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Cool -- Lets go with the guy who has the 0-5 record. Then the clueless moaners on this site can continue to pick on every Chara mistake, call for Claude's head and hammer Chia every time he makes a move.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade value on Thomas may be at its peak!!! : if you really can't answer that question for yourself, you are being nonsensical. Lets look at the facts. Thomas is 36 and playing at an elite level, no arguments here, or probably anywhere. However, you can see how down the line, his cap hit could have a negative impact on the team. Tuukka has proven that he can also be an elite goaltender, leading the league in goals against and save percentage last year. Every team would beg to have him as their future and the vast majority would be thrilled to have him be their present as well. Last year the Bruins couldn't move Thomas, there was no interest throughout the league. I'm sure things have changed this year. If his value is at its highest now, the Bruins should field offers for him and see what they could get. If they could get what seems to be an elite draft pick for him, I say pull the trigger. I don't think anyone is saying get rid of him for nothing, but if the right deal comes along, the Bruins should be willing to pounce
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

Well, Well, if it isn't the President of the TT hater fan Club.. Hey Krejci46 ( err PBerg)  there are so many holes in your little diatribe I dont know where to begin, and frankly it would be a waste of my time in trying. Keep on hating TT your record is impecable..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

55 25 17 0 7 6 106 1,499 .929 2.07 3,068
    Hardly a proven Nhl goalie. One half of a good season, and everyone jumped on the Rask for president bandwagon. The biggest collapse in sports history, a complete playoff failure. Has not won a game this season,. Yet idiots would consider handing him the reigns. Thomas has made him a professional door opener this season. Thank goodness the Bruins kept the real NHL goalie, and didnt trust their future to the emotionless Fin. Once his prostitute on the knees style was exploited by the flyers last season, other teams followed suit. He is the one the Bruins should consider trading, for a real Nhl backup. ROLL TANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Why would you want to trade the best 1-2 goalie combination in the NHL ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

Thomas' value IS at its peak.  Problem is, with the goalie market as it stands, thats  a 2nd rounder at best.  Then what.  Neither goalie we have is a workhorse, we need both of them this season,  especially if 1 were to get injured.  Keeping both is the best option, hands down.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Rask hasn't proven anything in the NHL.  Neither has Thomas for that matter.  Both have put up great numbers in the regular season, but have failed to get it done in the playoffs.  Of course you listen to trade offers for Thomas (his trade value is the highest it's been in a long time), but I doubt they will get equal value for him.  NHL goalies, no matter how good, just don't get the same kind of return as an elite d-man/forward.  Just look at what the Habs got for Halak.  I say stick with the hot goalie and ride him all the way to the playoffs.
    Posted by TimThomas-god[/QUOTE]
    Halak was an unsigned rfa so it's not really the same thing.I'm not saying they will or should trade him but he would fetch more than Halak did.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]  55 25 17 0 7 6 106 1,499 .929 2.07 3,068 Hardly a proven Nhl goalie. One half of a good season, and everyone jumped on the Rask for president bandwagon. The biggest collapse in sports history, a complete playoff failure. Has not won a game this season,. Yet idiots would consider handing him the reigns. Thomas has made him a professional door opener this season. Thank goodness the Bruins kept the real NHL goalie, and didnt trust their future to the emotionless Fin. Once his prostitute on the knees style was exploited by the flyers last season, other teams followed suit. He is the one the Bruins should consider trading, for a real Nhl backup. ROLL TANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by notacryingwino[/QUOTE]
    Why to you have to hate Rask in order to love TT?They're both quality goaltenders.And where have you been?Haven't seen your posts in awhile(although after seeing one again I remember why I didn't miss them).You love TT.We get it.Stop the hatin' on Rask though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]Rask hasn't proven anything in the NHL.  Neither has Thomas for that matter.  Both have put up great numbers in theregular season, but have failed to get it done in the playoffs.  Posted by TimThomas-god[/QUOTE]

Please explain what you mean, by "failed to get it done in the playoffs".
      TT did not play last year because of injury. Are you blaming him for that?
    The year before, he played every playoff game, and when the playoffs were over, he led ALL goalies with the highest save %, and had the 2nd best gaa.
    How is that failing to get it done? Are you upset he did not score a few goals?
       Two years ago, the bruins went into the playoffs as the 2nd highest scoring team in the league. In the playoffs, they could barely score an average of 2 goals a game. If you want to say someone didn't get it done, you might start there, rather than blaming TT.
    Will this nonsense ever end?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

People complain that the Bruins haven't won in 38 years. TT is having an MVP like season so far and is hands down their best player. Trade your best player to have a chance to win the cup ? Aren't you supposed to keep your best players to have a chance at doing that ? Really dumb !!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

AH. No. Both stay here for the year. What are you on crack? You need 2 goalies in the NHL right. Let's worry about the goalies after we put the cup down.......

Crossing my fingers.....It's the only championship I have yet to see LIVE in my Bostonian lifetime!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade value on Thomas may be at its peak!!! : Why to you have to hate Rask in order to love TT?They're both quality goaltenders.And where have you been?Haven't seen your posts in awhile(although after seeing one again I remember why I didn't miss them).You love TT.We get it.Stop the hatin' on Rask though.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE] I have been away protecting you. As far as hating Rask, it's the hate Timmy post from lowlifes like pbergeron I really hate. This post is beyond stupid. The Bruins have the best  goalie in the league right now, yet idiots rag on him, or say trade. All too have a guy with less then sixty games take over full time, a guy that couldn't handle half a year, a guy that was too tired too perform in the second round, a guy with barely a .500 winning record in the Nhl, a guy that pulled of the greatest choke ever. It is moronic too suggest that Rask is anywhere near ready for the starters roll, he failed. Timmys the best hope of seeing a cup in Boston, I for one want too have the chance too see the cup in Boston. I also really don't care if you like my post, you shoot I shoot back, plain and simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

I'm so glad Chiarelli doesn't think ridiculous thoughts like these. There is no rule that says the Bruins can't have two good goalies. Thomas' value and his skills won't decline anytime soon.

The folks who think TT's success is only fleeting haven't been watching these past several years or they just plain don't know hockey.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Here's a good idea. List all the teams that:
    1- Need a goalie.
    2- Can afford him (have cap space, or the willingness to pay it)
    3- Are not a serious threat to the B's come playoff time with TT in net.
    4- Have something the Bruins really, really need, with little to no impact on the B's own Cap problems.

Once you've done that, you see what kind of market there really is. Not much.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

In spite of all the "suggestions", Peter is not going to trade Timmy because Timmy as prime and Tuuka as developing is the way it was planned when Timmy's contract was signed. I'm not positive, but I believe Timmy's NT goes away after next year when Tuuka is due for a new contract. The game plan became a concern when Timmy's undisclosed injury caused his performance to tank, and Tuuka stepped up to the task in great fashion. Hoever, Timmy is now back on track as a Vezina winner should be and Peter has the basis for his evolution of the Bruins in place. Tuuka will see multiple games this year and next as he evolves into a Brodeur type player. Peter has added some peices to his forwards, and was suprised by the Savard PCS and Kreji concussion, but, with those two back at full health he will now look to evolve his Defense.