Trading Partners

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Trading Partners

Breaking down the NHL as trading partners.

There are 5 teams that I think make it to the playoffs in either division + Bos, that are not apt to be partners to downsize as they are be more likely to stand pat or upgrade.
    Phi, TB, Pit, Was, Mon(won't go away),     Van, Det, Dal, SJ, Ana

There are teams on the buble, cannot trade yet because they are playoff contenders. East- NYR, Car, Buf and Atl, Buf is 9 pts behind NYR in 7th but has 5 games in hand with Miller hot.
    West- 11 points seperates 14th and 3rd overall, but I think the bubble teams right now are NAS, Pho, LA, Min, Cal, Chi, Col, CBJ, Stl mostly C teams.LOL

The above teams are not in the makings to sell yet, unless it is going to make them better to get their gates for playoffs.

This leaves the bottom feeders available to make trades now.
    Flo, TO, NJ, Ott, NYI and Edm.

Right now Cap geek lists us as having 2.97M available for cap hit.
    This includes carrying 15 forwards and 7 D. We could by removing 3 forwards and 1 D have tons of money for replacent.

For arguments sake I take the callups and those that have been sitting out of the equation and it will look like this.
    Cap sitting at 2.97M
    Hamill           1.316
    Caron           1.1
    Pail              1.075
    Stu              1.675
    New cap      8.136 with 11 active forwards and 6 D.

We have 8M to add a F or a D or both or more if we include a roster player.  These players eliminated from the roster provide buying power whether it be sent back to the minors or as part of a package deal.  They also are being developed at present for future 4th line duties for when a player of hopefully top line talent or minimum high 2nd is brought on board.

The package deal may be a combination of these players, plus picks, or other prospects, or other roster players or all of the above.  If a roster player of higher value is chosen then the buying power in cap will also be higher and the package will include more prospects and picks.

By adding say Ryder instead, the value could be 2-3M more in cap buying power. These are just numbers it could be Luc or Hort at similar numbers, so don't jump on me yet.

The way I see it we have 8M and could be more if we throw in other rosters to get what we need, providing we can get the sellers to sell to us at the deadline or before.

Next we have to make sure our partners are willing to take less for more with the right prospects and picks, without selling our farm.  Can be done if teams are looking for salary dump.

Please no Torres, Kaberle trade ideas here.  TO is out of the equation I cannot see anything good coming of a deal with them and forwards need to be quality.

You have 8M in cap, citing as above, available partners now and possible future deadline partners (21 days) from now, have away.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Re: Trading Partners

Florida has 8M in cap room but will not be buyers, def unloaders money is always an issue and they may be interested in prospects and picks to unload salary.

Rumour has Vokoun 5.7M going somewhere, but we would only take him if it was part of a 3 way trade with someone needing an excellent goalie and able to send back a forward, difficult to get done. Can work us as a dump for Flo(UFA), Unknown team will get excellent goalie for stretch run and we can take on salary back of teams that have no cap for this, but may want the goalie over a scorer. (Crazy not always)

Booth(limited NTC) and Weiss(NMC) are not available and are only valuable topline forwards.  Santorelli is going to be a keeper but I also don't think he is available, the rest are either done or not as good as we have.

On D we have WIDEMAN-LOL or McCabe 5.7M, who is even more def liable than Wideman.

So unless we can do a trade for Vokoun and flip him for a forward or talk them into giving up their only valuable forwards in Booth and Weiss, they are not a trade partner.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

TO have players not named Kaberle or Kessel, but make no trades with Burke and our pick.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

NYI and EDM have players, but also have money in cap room so are not likely to move anyone of value as they are building. I cannot see them dumping anyone of value. 

The NYI are carrying no one over paid unless its Dipietro, the rest have been signed to stay that they want and the others are not worth Hamill.

Edm has 13M in cap room and carrying mainly youth with a few vets and a couple high paid players.
    Penner, Hemsky and Whitney are the value and it would take a lot of value going back plus picks and or prospects, money is not an issue so they will not be dealers unless it is for Khabibulin.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

NJ are sellers at cap top, but will not sell key players for nothing.  They have a great surge of late but need to win 25 of next 29 to possibly get in, hopefully win enough to get past TO.

Rolston 5.7M Elias 6M and Kov 6.6M are all hot lately, have NMC or NTC and very unlikely to get takers anyway due to those inflated salaries.

Arnott at 4.5M, may have experience, but his numbers are going down and he is a 3rd liner on this team not the requirement, tied for 8th in forward scoring in Bos. Def could be as a complemental player but would not send any of our top 3 lines for him, no not Ryder or Wheeler and we have Recc already.

Zajac 3.8M missing Parise big time, worth the tire kicking, could work with Luc and Hort, but not sure if he could with Ryd and Wheel/Seg because he is not better than Krej.

Parise if he was back tomorrow, yes, but he has injury issues and not sure what his status will be poss late march return. He is RFA, can NJ keep him, yes with Arnott's 4.5M coming off the books.

NJ has Brodeur but not likely any takers with his being injured and his bad year.

NJ has overpaid top players and unless it was Kov Zaj or Parise I would say no and I think NJ says no as they think this was a bad year and will compete next year and these are their nucleus looking forward.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Columbus is out of it, there's just know way for them to climb through everyone else, they don't have the offense.

In Response to Trading Partners:
    [QUOTE]Breaking down the NHL as trading partners. There are 5 teams that I think make it to the playoffs in either division + Bos, that are not apt to be partners to downsize as they are be more likely to stand pat or upgrade. Phi, TB, Pit, Was, Mon(won't go away),     Van, Det, Dal, SJ, Ana There are teams on the buble, cannot trade yet because they are playoff contenders. East- NYR, Car, Buf and Atl, Buf is 9 pts behind NYR in 7th but has 5 games in hand with Miller hot. West- 11 points seperates 14th and 3rd overall, but I think the bubble teams right now are NAS , Pho , LA , Min , Cal , Chi , Col , CBJ , Stl mostly C teams.LOL The above teams are not in the makings to sell yet, unless it is going to make them better to get their gates for playoffs. This leaves the bottom feeders available to make trades now. Flo, TO, NJ, Ott, NYI and Edm. Right now Cap geek lists us as having 2.97M available for cap hit. This includes carrying 15 forwards and 7 D. We could by removing 3 forwards and 1 D have tons of money for replacent. For arguments sake I take the callups and those that have been sitting out of the equation and it will look like this. Cap sitting at 2.97M Hamill           1.316 Caron           1.1 Pail              1.075 Stu              1.675 New cap      8.136 with 11 active forwards and 6 D. We have 8M to add a F or a D or both or more if we include a roster player.  These players eliminated from the roster provide buying power whether it be sent back to the minors or as part of a package deal.  They also are being developed at present for future 4th line duties for when a player of hopefully top line talent or minimum high 2nd is brought on board. The package deal may be a combination of these players, plus picks, or other prospects, or other roster players or all of the above.  If a roster player of higher value is chosen then the buying power in cap will also be higher and the package will include more prospects and picks. By adding say Ryder instead, the value could be 2-3M more in cap buying power. These are just numbers it could be Luc or Hort at similar numbers, so don't jump on me yet. The way I see it we have 8M and could be more if we throw in other rosters to get what we need, providing we can get the sellers to sell to us at the deadline or before. Next we have to make sure our partners are willing to take less for more with the right prospects and picks, without selling our farm.  Can be done if teams are looking for salary dump. Please no Torres, Kaberle trade ideas here.  TO is out of the equation I cannot see anything good coming of a deal with them and forwards need to be quality. You have 8M in cap, citing as above, available partners now and possible future deadline partners (21 days) from now, have away.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I really think over anybody else you mentioned Penner & Hemsky is who PC will be after! Whether we want them or not, these are the two forwards that makes the most sense to improve our offense immediately. However, ST will probably want that TOR pick & a young roster player. For 2 guys that'll mosty likely won't return after 1 season. Since PC has said he wants to build from the draft will he be willing to part with these picks? For that PMD? I have no idea, but I hope he doesn't think Phillips is the answer!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Ottawa is hard against cap but 5M in Kovalev comes off next year as well as 3.5M for Phillips.  Could be 2 players to add, money fits. Kov can score and Phillips is a strong Dman. but they do not cover what we need, Phillips is more stay at home and is not the PMD we need.

Gonchar 5.5M is the PMD and PP guy but he is slowing down and to carry 5.5 for 2 more years at 36 soon to be 37, would have to send some salary back, Stu at 1.6 would not be enough, add Pail at 1.1 still not enough, it might cost a Ryder at 4M. I know some would like this and it might work for Ott as he comes off book for next year. This would give Sens about 22M for free agents next year to track down someone for ALf and Spezz.

Campoli I like since his days with NYI, could be a dark horse, can move the puck and has good numbers but inconsistant, but might fit the bill.

I would take Alf's compete but another 38 year old at 4.8M for 2 more years.
    Spezz is 7M NTC and would cost a Berg or Krej plus, no.
    Michalek at 4.3M and may never see 26G again, no thanks, Ryder salary not as bad.
    Fisher at 4.2M could be 3rd liner, but not big improvement, and overpaid for 2 more years.
    Ruutu for 4th, he likes to hit and is good at it, just don't like to fight, him or Neil for Thorn all they are worth, not going to improve the scoring.

Basically it comes down to Kovalev and Phillips that will likely see movement from Ott.  Gonch was chased down by them they are likely to keep him. Spezz injuries and Alf age could be what moves them but I don't see them going either unless return is equal. I like Campoli.

Kov, Phillips and Camp are about all that could be offered here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Can't see Edm letting Penner or Hemsky go. They chased Penner and Hemsky has been all by himself there for years, they finally are turning the corner on youthful talent and have tons of cap, I can't see them going unless the deal coming back is sweet and that would be TO pick included or someone too valuable to give up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

I'm curious on your views on Bryan McCabe. You say he is more of a liability than Wideman, when I didn't think that was possible. I've been considering him a possible candidate for a trade and sign (Seidenberg) or just a rental.

Also from EDM I think Kurtis Foster is available. He's signed to a cap friendly deal for one more season. I would mind seeing him in a Bruins uniform.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmanning. Show tmmanning's posts

In Response to Re: Trading Partners:
    [QUOTE]Ottawa is hard against cap but 5M in Kovalev comes off next year as well as 3.5M for Phillips.  Could be 2 players to add, money fits. Kov can score and Phillips is a strong Dman. but they do not cover what we need, Phillips is more stay at home and is not the PMD we need. Gonchar 5.5M is the PMD and PP guy but he is slowing down and to carry 5.5 for 2 more years at 36 soon to be 37, would have to send some salary back, Stu at 1.6 would not be enough, add Pail at 1.1 still not enough, it might cost a Ryder at 4M. I know some would like this and it might work for Ott as he comes off book for next year. This would give Sens about 22M for free agents next year to track down someone for ALf and Spezz. Campoli I like since his days with NYI, could be a dark horse, can move the puck and has good numbers but inconsistant, but might fit the bill. I would take Alf's compete but another 38 year old at 4.8M for 2 more years. Spezz is 7M NTC and would cost a Berg or Krej plus, no. Michalek at 4.3M and may never see 26G again, no thanks, Ryder salary not as bad. Fisher at 4.2M could be 3rd liner, but not big improvement, and overpaid for 2 more years. Ruutu for 4th, he likes to hit and is good at it, just don't like to fight, him or Neil for Thorn all they are worth, not going to improve the scoring. Basically it comes down to Kovalev and Phillips that will likely see movement from Ott.  Gonch was chased down by them they are likely to keep him. Spezz injuries and Alf age could be what moves them but I don't see them going either unless return is equal. I like Campoli. Kov, Phillips and Camp are about all that could be offered here.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]
    Ottawa would be a good partner if you could get Phillips and Alfredson. That team in in bad shape. They need young forwards. You would definately lose the Toronto pick, Maybe a 2nd rounder,and then some combo of Wheeler, Colborne or Caron. Stuart just to clear the extra cap space. It would definately help the team in areas they need it. Won't happen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think the bubble teams NAS, Pho, LA, Min, Cal, Chi, Col, CBJ, Stl, Atl, SJ, ANA, Buf and Car are burning up the phones the most. Bottom feeder GMs can sit back n wait for calls to come to them.

Weiss, Kaberle, Penner, Hemsky, Phillips, Versteeg and Fisher are the only ones I would want from the bottom feeders but PC would have to over pay where he won't over pay from a bubble team who need help as bad as PC needs it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

IMO you are not looking with Chiarelli eyes. Phillips would be a solid defensive addition to play with Chara[ PMD] then Seids and Kamfer [PMD] then Ference and McQuaid. Move Stuart or Boychuck, or both.  A Savard replacement could come from skilled players like Kopitar; Backes;Fisher; or Richards. None have Savard's passing skills, but they are all feisty, agressive, and strong on the puck. Add your choice.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm looking for speed, toughness and mobility in any trade whether it's a forward of a Dman the Bruins have enough stand up guys on Defense. I like Phillips allot solid that is correct but their are already stay at home defenders on the Bruins roster one has been a healthy scratch. Boston needs mobility on the blueline not another Seidenberg, McQuaid, Ference or Stuart.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

McCabe I believe is injured now.  He has had an up and down career, I remember how much TO wanted him, he helped them big time then couldn't get rid of him quick enough.

He always put up the numbers, but he had Wideman luck in screwups and made Wideman look like Orr defensively, his errors always cost a goal.  I would take him but def not at his inflated salary.

No to Kaberle or any player from TO at this time.

Many threads continue to spout Yandle, this I would love.

Also would love to know who PC has offered on the table.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Why isn't anyone talking about David Backes?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

With the cap numbers, I tend to think two or three years down the line.  Rask and Krejci are up for new contracts in two years.  So any trades now have to be made with those cap numbers in mind.  Thus think a forward or a defenseman but not both.  If Parise or Richards are available then go for the trade, including the Toronto pick.  If Bogosian or Yandle are available ditto.  In both scenarios others will be included like in the case of Richards... Krejci.  In the case Bogosian try Toronto's #1 and Caron or Colbourne.  PC is opening the door for the big trade but he has a track record of being cautious.  Smart move nonetheless.  I really don't see the Bs making a big trade (wishful thinking aside).  I really don't want a "rent a wreck" like Gonchar or Kovalev.