Trolls: Who gets credit?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Trolls: Who gets credit?

Who gets credit for the development of:

A) Lucic
    B) Krejci
    C) Stuart
    D) Boychuk
    E) Marchand
    F) Rask
    G) McQuaid

From reading these boards, I know PC is a moron when it comes to cap managment and CJ couldn't coach his way out of the minors, so I am wondering how all of you CJ/PC haters explain the development of these players???

Furthemore, explain to me who gets credit for the fact that:

H) Savard's PPG total did not drop after CJ arrives, even though CJ has installed a rigid, useless, positional system
    I) Players want to stay here -- Recchi comes back for one more year, Savard and Chara sign as UFAs and then re-sign for less, Krejci takes a huge discount, Bergeron re-ups twice, Boychuk re-signs, Ferrence re-signs, Lucic re-signs, Rask and Thomas re-sign, Seidenberg re-signs, Stuart and Wheeler re-sign

But what really confuses me is how:

J) CJ has not missed the playoffs as coach of the Bruins
    K) Special teams are consistently near the top of the entire league
    L) We've never read a single player complaint about CJ
    M) Prior to Savard's return, CJ went with Caron over Paille! I though he knew that vets were better than rookies in all situations!!!!
    N) The Bruins are on pace for a 100+ point season again
    O) CJ doesn't play his 18 year old rookie all the time even though he has a team that is a cup contender -- I mean Edmonton and Carolina do it, so clearly the Bruins should too!!!!! Bruins shouldn't be like teams like Detroit who put their players in situations to succeed and are patient with them until they are ready to truly contribute
    P) Bruins are unquestioned number one defensive team in the league

I just don't get it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbw413. Show jbw413's posts

Re: Trolls: Who gets credit?

And the Bruins will once again be knocked out in the first or second round so this means what exactly?

Yay another Adams division banner raised to the rafters!

Are the Bruins even in first place in their own division?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Trolls: Who gets credit?:
    [QUOTE]Fletch - and anyone else who wants to continue to sing the Versteeg deal as some massive mistake - how's Versteeg doing in Toronto?  What's that?  Worst +/- on the third worst team in the league?  The guy flourished in Chcago and will drag out an NHL career as a secondary scorer, but that's about it.  He got lucky in Chicago because he was in the right place at the right time.  Chiarelli lost the deal because Bochenski was a dud, not because Versteeg's a stud. Crowls, I don't blame you for challenging the PC/CJ results - I've had my doubts about their drafting since last summer.  But I will continue to assert that Chiarelli's cap management is better for being unconventional than if he nickel and dimed guys.  Stability costs.  Whether stability is what this team needs is an evaluation question and not a contract negotiation question.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

In what way have you had doubts about their drafting since last summer ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Are you referring to Seguin?  Because maggie the moneky could have made that pick.  Jury's out on Spooner and Knight.  Like most on here, I'm hoping Knight's offensive aggressiveness translates to the pros, likewise Spooner's slickness.  Take away Seguin, however, and we're still looking for a Chiarelli draft pick to crack the roster.  Caron did well to start but fell off.  I think he'll be fine, but is he a top 6 forward?  Does he have to be to consider that a successful pick?  Probably no to both questions.  I like the potential on Colborne and Sauve but neither has looked good in the AHL.  Other than Caron and maybe Arniel, have they drafted a hard-rock kid who also has some offensive potential?  Lot's of picks where size/softness is a question mark.  Zero defensive prospects (Button is a long way off...).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

You're missing my point Fletch.  They lost that deal because the guy they acquired didn't work out.  It has little to nothing to do with Versteeg, who wouldn't have had the opportunity to play with guys like Kane and Toews in a first line role in Boston, and so would probably still be in Providence.  Take him out of the high-flying systems he's been in over the last few years, and those numbers wouldn't be there.  Viktor Stahlberg's numbers are almost as good in Chicago as Versteeg's in Toronto, and he was basically a throw-in so the Hawks had warm bodies while clearing cap space.

Saying Versteeg />Bochenski now is easy.  Saying that he's enough better to regret the deal?  Much harder to convince me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]Are you referring to Seguin?  Because maggie the moneky could have made that pick.  Jury's out on Spooner and Knight.  Like most on here, I'm hoping Knight's offensive aggressiveness translates to the pros, likewise Spooner's slickness.  Take away Seguin, however, and we're still looking for a Chiarelli draft pick to crack the roster.  Caron did well to start but fell off.  I think he'll be fine, but is he a top 6 forward?  Does he have to be to consider that a successful pick?  Probably no to both questions.  I like the potential on Colborne and Sauve but neither has looked good in the AHL.  Other than Caron and maybe Arniel, have they drafted a hard-rock kid who also has some offensive potential?  Lot's of picks where size/softness is a question mark.  Zero defensive prospects (Button is a long way off...).

Do you think that PC/Neely favor high-risk/high-reward picks with later picks (as in its not obvious you take Seguin kind of picks)? If so, do you think they should switch strategies?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

You only referred to having doubts since last summer. Maggie the monkey could also have predicted that 2nd rounders Spooner and Knight would still have the jury out on them up to this point because of most likely not making the NHL this year ( along with over 95 % of the players drafted in 2010). Still don't see how mentioning Caron, Sauve, Colborne or Arniel has anything to do with having doubts since the summer. By bringing up those examples shouldn't the doubts have come before that or was last summer the turning point on when they should be judged on being decent picks for PC ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]You only referred to having doubts since last summer. Maggie the monkey could also have predicted that 2nd rounders Spooner and Knight would still have the jury out on them up to this point because of most likely not making the NHL this year ( along with over 95 % of the players drafted in 2010). Still don't see how mentioning Caron, Sauve, Colborne or Arniel has anything to do with having doubts since the summer. By bringing up those examples shouldn't the doubts have come before that or was last summer the turning point on when they should be judged on being decent picks for PC ?
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Please change your picture back to one representing an OHL team. Thankyou.

Sincerely,

DC

PS. How do you pick the teams?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trolls: Who gets credit? : Please change your picture back to one representing an OHL team. Thankyou. Sincerely, DC PS. How do you pick the teams?
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

Just thought I'd change it up a bit with a Jared Knight photo and yes I will go back to OHL team logos. I pick randomly on whichever logo that catches my eye. I think there are a lot of neat looking logos from all different leagues.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trolls: Who gets credit? : Just thought I'd change it up a bit with a Jared Knight photo and yes I will go back to OHL team logos. I pick randomly on whichever logo that catches my eye. I think there are a lot of neat looking logos from all different leagues.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

My issue is that I can usually pick out the good posters (You, NAS, San Dog, Dez, Duinne) and the bad posters really easily based on the profile pics -- as in, if I recognize the pic to be that of a good poster, I stop to read the post. Your Knight picture threw my game off.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trolls: Who gets credit? : My issue is that I can usually pick out the good posters (You, NAS, San Dog, Dez, Duinne) and the bad posters really easily based on the profile pics -- as in, if I recognize the pic to be that of a good poster, I stop to read the post. Your Knight picture threw my game off.

Add bookboy and his distinctive pic to the list of good posters. Good does not mean I agree with them, just that I enjoy their opinions. Also, there are other good posters, too, but I was just naming those off the top of my head so don't feel bad.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trolls: Who gets credit? : My issue is that I can usually pick out the good posters (You, NAS, San Dog, Dez, Duinne) and the bad posters really easily based on the profile pics -- as in, if I recognize the pic to be that of a good poster, I stop to read the post. Your Knight picture threw my game off.

LOL I do the same thing.  I scroll down and stop when I see the pictures.  I actually just skipped one of Chowda's posts, then saw your post.  I thought, "Who's he talking to?  Who did I miss?"  Then I realized it was Chowda and went back to read the 15 posts I had skipped.

Add Crowls and O.C. to your list of people worth reading.  Thanks for including me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trolls: Who gets credit? : LOL I do the same thing.  I scroll down and stop when I see the pictures.  I actually just skipped one of Chowda's posts, then saw your post.  I thought, "Who's he talking to?  Who did I miss?"  Then I realized it was Chowda and went back to read the 15 posts I had skipped. Add Crowls and O.C. to your list of people worth reading.  Thanks for including me.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Crowls and OC are defs on my list, they fell into the category of not on the top of my head. Actually, Crowls was on my mind but I left him off because he didn't agree with my Spezza-Seguin comparison LOL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Funny I thought Don Sweeney was the Assistant General Manager in charge of player development.  Funny I have heard more players credit Craig Ramsey for their development than I have credit Claude Julien.  Funny that Savard's stats have declined every season since Julien has been in Boston despite the orginal post that they haven't.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I also have my favourites that I look at their pics for identifying . Thanks for the kind words and sorry for messing anybody up . Problem taken care of.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Funny I thought Don Sweeney was the Assistant General Manager in charge of player development.  Funny I have heard more players credit Craig Ramsey for their development than I have credit Claude Julien.  Funny that Savard's stats have declined every season since Julien has been in Boston despite the orginal post that they haven't.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]
    Funny you didn't notice Savard's decline in points coincided with his decline in health.I'm not sure what CJ has to do with that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Fletch - and anyone else who wants to continue to sing the Versteeg deal as some massive mistake - how's Versteeg doing in Toronto?  What's that?  Worst +/- on the third worst team in the league?  The guy flourished in Chcago and will drag out an NHL career as a secondary scorer, but that's about it.  He got lucky in Chicago because he was in the right place at the right time.  Chiarelli lost the deal because Bochenski was a dud, not because Versteeg's a stud. Crowls, I don't blame you for challenging the PC/CJ results - I've had my doubts about their drafting since last summer.  But I will continue to assert that Chiarelli's cap management is better for being unconventional than if he nickel and dimed guys.  Stability costs.  Whether stability is what this team needs is an evaluation question and not a contract negotiation question.

and was not Chiarelli's scouts and reports that made the Versteeg deal but the acting GM at the time (right marco1001 ?).
    I know I know I'm repeating myself .
    Good thread I had to bump it up .

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Ah, I see the confusion here Chowdah.  I'd meant to say that I've been on here questioning Chiarelli's drafting acumen since last summer (meaning 2009) - as in, it's a long-standing concern of mine.  My fault - wasn't clear.

dc - honestly, I think the strategy has been to fill an empty cupboard.  The Bruins haven't had this many guys with potential in a long time.  In that light, I see the strategy as "best potential available".  In a way, yes, that can be high risk for high reward.  I agree in principle with the hockey's future cross referencing of top end potential with likelihood of reaching that potential.  Spooner's a potential #1 centre, but he has to stay healthy and show he can live with the beating a guy his size will take to be effective in the NHL.  If he was bigger, he'd have gone top 15.  If Caron had the hands to be a 50 goal scorer in junior, he'd have gone higher than the 20s, but he went first round because he has an NHL body and good enough hands to contribute in a number of different ways.

I can't really argue with the strategy, I suppose, but I do worry about their ability to decide which flawed but potentially great 18yr old to take.  So that's a scouting question.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Ah, I see the confusion here Chowdah.  I'd meant to say that I've been on here questioning Chiarelli's drafting acumen since last summer (meaning 2009) - as in, it's a long-standing concern of mine.  My fault - wasn't clear. dc - honestly, I think the strategy has been to fill an empty cupboard.  The Bruins haven't had this many guys with potential in a long time.  In that light, I see the strategy as "best potential available".  In a way, yes, that can be high risk for high reward.  I agree in principle with the hockey's future cross referencing of top end potential with likelihood of reaching that potential.  Spooner's a potential #1 centre, but he has to stay healthy and show he can live with the beating a guy his size will take to be effective in the NHL.  If he was bigger, he'd have gone top 15.  If Caron had the hands to be a 50 goal scorer in junior, he'd have gone higher than the 20s, but he went first round because he has an NHL body and good enough hands to contribute in a number of different ways. I can't really argue with the strategy, I suppose, but I do worry about their ability to decide which flawed but potentially great 18yr old to take.  So that's a scouting question.

Thanks BB for clearing that up for me. Wasn't sure of the meaning of your post.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I really don't think anyone gets credit for all of them.  Can we give the credit to the Bruins system?