tsn.ca/nhl video: Marchand not concerned about a contract getting done

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bear-in-the-woods. Show bear-in-the-woods's posts

tsn.ca/nhl video: Marchand not concerned about a contract getting done

TSN has a video up of Marchand's day with the cup, and there are a couple questions related to a contract:

Interviewer: Brad, when do you go back to Boston, when do you sign a contract? Give us the next two weeks, how that plays out for you.

BM: Not sure, I want to leave next week and hopefully a contract will come together soon.

Interviewer: Are you concerned about that, or...

BM: No, not at all. That's just how it goes sometimes.

=========================

Doesn't sound like there are any real problems, but you never know what's going on behind the scenes with his agent and PC. Still, it makes me hopeful that something will get done in the next couple weeks before camp. Haven't really heard anything anywhere other than talks are ongoing, and wild speculation that Marchand is asking for a bunch of money. I get the feeling that they're just working out details and finding middle ground in negotiations. Of course, that's just as much wild speculation as anything else around here. :-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Re: tsn.ca/nhl video: Marchand not concerned about a contract getting done

What else is he supposed to say?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

63 will score 25 this year. I'm not worried.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

MMM, Cinnamon Toast Crunch!

http://www.balltribe.com/toolbar/13478

I'm assuming this isn't Gary Roberts' BioSteel approved!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Normally don't read much into stuff like this...but the words "I want to leave next week" is pretty straight-forward. He could have hedged in a number of ways, but adding a timeline is encouraging.

The story here is that there isn't any flamethrower language from either side. Other than that, we might as well move along.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Calm, cool and collected as he was in the playoffs. He knows something will get done but just doesn't know when. Kind of players I want in Boston.