TT in Florida

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

TT in Florida

Sportsnet's assessment of TT in Florida, on Team Power Rankings.

"Looks like Tim Thomas is starting to shake off the rust. Seriously. His marks of 2.66 and .914 are impressive considering the strength of the Panthers."

I haven't seen too many of their games, but if this team is as bad as NAS indicates, then he is coming back to form. That's 15 games he's been in. 

Go Timmy Go. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: TT in Florida

The only team I've seen worse this year has been Philly a couple of nights ago.  I have never seen a team turn the puck over as many times in one game.  It's no wonder that Philly is in the basement.  They're freakin' horrible.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The only team I've seen worse this year has been Philly a couple of nights ago.  I have never seen a team turn the puck over as many times in one game.  It's no wonder that Philly is in the basement.  They're freakin' horrible.

[/QUOTE]

Great to hear that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Music to my ears.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i hope florida trades timmy to philly and they all go down in flames. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Philly has been hot until Timmy cooled them down.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Hope he can stay healthy the rest of the way. Does he make team USA?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's now one of the six goalies in the Team USA mix along with Miller, Howard, Ben Bishop and Cory Schneider.  Quick's got an injured groin.  Those six have to be shaved down to three.  I see Miller and Howard as likely two of the three.  I read Quick's status is uncertain. I'm not so sure Thomas can grab that last spot ahead of Bishop and Quick especially if Quick is declared fit to play.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to 4everbruins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's now one of the six goalies in the Team USA mix along with Miller, Howard, Ben Bishop and Cory Schneider.  Quick's got an injured groin.  Those six have to be shaved down to three.  I see Miller and Howard as likely two of the three.  I read Quick's status is uncertain. I'm not so sure Thomas can grab that last spot ahead of Bishop and Quick especially if Quick is declared fit to play.  

[/QUOTE]

He's only mentioned because of the season he's having. They'll be trusting TT way before Bishop. And this comes from Pete Weber who's the announcer for Nashville & talks to Poille every day. Bishop got bumped by Gibson at the Worlds last yr. If Thomas continue's his play It's gonna be Quick, Miller & TT. No question in my mind. If Quick doesn't go; Howard, or Schnedier will be the 3rd. The starter between Miller & Thomas will be who's ever is hot. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Bishop has no chance at all. 

I'm not saying he's not having a great season, but his career high in games played before this year is 13.  He sure could be as good as he's playing, but it's uncertain and the Olympics is no place to gamble.*

*Unless you're getting 5:1 on USA winning the Gold, then it's on!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

Bishop has no chance at all. 

I'm not saying he's not having a great season, but his career high in games played before this year is 13.  He sure could be as good as he's playing, but it's uncertain and the Olympics is no place to gamble.*

*Unless you're getting 5:1 on USA winning the Gold, then it's on!

[/QUOTE]

You'll have a great team going there NAS regardless of who's in the net. If Canada can't do it, I hope you Yanks destroy the rest of the world. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Who battles harder than TT?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

Quick will be back around Christmas. Plenty of time for him to get ready as the USA's #1. Miller 2 Howard 3. Period!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to rickrand3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Quick will be back around Christmas. Plenty of time for him to get ready as the USA's #1. Miller 2 Howard 3. Period!

[/QUOTE]

Pete Weber & Dave Poille knows more than you....PERIOD!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to rickrand3's comment:[QUOTE] Quick will be back around Christmas. Plenty of time for him to get ready as the USA's #1. Miller 2 Howard 3. Period![/QUOTE]

Agreed 

I would take Gibson over Thomas right now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would take Gibson over Thomas right now.

[/QUOTE]

Alphabetically?

I'm sure you don't mean as the USA Hockey goaltender in the Olympics.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Thomas is not going to be in net for US in Sochi. TT isn't even the 5th best US goalie.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Thomas is not going to be in net for US in Sochi. TT isn't even the 5th best US goalie.

[/QUOTE]

Let's see your list of the five (at least) that are in front of him.

1.  Quick

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

He's only mentioned because of the season he's having. They'll be trusting TT way before Bishop. And this comes from Pete Weber who's the announcer for Nashville & talks to Poille every day. Bishop got bumped by Gibson at the Worlds last yr. If Thomas continue's his play It's gonna be Quick, Miller & TT. No question in my mind. If Quick doesn't go; Howard, or Schnedier will be the 3rd. The starter between Miller & Thomas will be who's ever is hot. 

[/QUOTE]

Wasn't Craig Anderson one of the original U. S. possibilities heading into this season?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tell you what Sandog. You pick your 3 & I'll pick my 3. For everyone we have right that they other doesn't gets $200.00. My 3 are 1. Quick 2. Miller 3. Thomas. Who are your picks?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:[QUOTE] Thomas is not going to be in net for US in Sochi. TT isn't even the 5th best US goalie. [/QUOTE]

Tell you what Sandog. You pick your 3 & I'll pick my 3. For everyone we have right that they other doesn't gets $200.00. My 3 are 1. Quick 2. Miller 3. Thomas. Who are your picks? [/QUOTE]

3. Schneider

Your still my favorite beer-league goalie after Kelv of course...

yah freakin hoser!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:[QUOTE] Thomas is not going to be in net for US in Sochi. TT isn't even the 5th best US goalie. [/QUOTE]

Tell you what Sandog. You pick your 3 & I'll pick my 3. For everyone we have right that they other doesn't gets $200.00. My 3 are 1. Quick 2. Miller 3. Thomas. Who are your picks? [/QUOTE]

3. Schneider

yah freakin hoser!

[/QUOTE]

I wonder if Brodeur taking so much playing time away from Schneider hurts him. Hard to say, but I'd take Schneider over Howard right now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Things looked really good for the U.S. as far as the goaltending situation going into the season. However, with Quick's injury, Jimmy Howard not exactly standing on his head, Cory Schneider only playing 11 games (!), and Ryan Miller's GAA can't be good for his psyche (not saying he sucks; just saying the team in front of him can't exactly be stroking his ego when he lets in over 3 goals per game), things just aren't looking good, especially when we're thrusting Fat Ben (I was at UMaine when he was there....he was the most overrated pile of trash in the history of college hockey, and choked in the Frozen Four) and Thomas into the mix. I know both of those guys are playing really well right now, but I think Bishop will fall back to earth, and I just don't know if I trust Timmy. I guess I haven't learned my lesson when doubting him, though.

On that note, I don't know if there's a worse team in hockey than Buffalo. The only remotely talented players they have can't play a lick of defense, and have a good wearing the "C". Their organization is no less than 5 years away from being a playoff team, and that's if they can start making some good moves right now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

3. Schneider

yah freakin hoser!

[/QUOTE]

LOL! Cheers Buddy!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Think it is funny how a .917 SV% on a bad team makes Miller a bad goalie. Me thinks Quick will be healthy and Miller will be opening the door for Quick.

I agree Kelv, Howard blew it this year. He should have pushed Quick for number one.