TT tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: TT tonight

Fletch, you're going to attempt to talk rationally with a person who believes the world was created 3000 years ago?  A person who doesn't believe that global warming is going on?  A person who believes that not paying your bills will have no negative affect to our economy?  Forget it.  They are all just zombies who repeat the Fox Channel news byword of the day.  They don't think for themselves, but they like to say they do.

And he asks me if I'm an American?  Tea Party is attempting to usurp democracy by inflicting the will of the majority and a commonly elected president twice over.

If ANYONE's loyalty to this country and government is to be questioned, it's one of these tea party idiots.  I'mm a natural born US citizen watching my country being taken over by Facists and religious fanatics.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

"All true of the tea party, which you so callously slandered.  Are you even an American?"

Nothing is true about the KochHead funded radicals.

Please go to the political comment section of BDC with Boehner crying please.

heh heh you said boehner heh heh

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

In response to bim09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The tea party believes in conservative principles, the same principles that Washington fought for and founded this country on: Being endowed by God the right to pursue life, liberty (in your case liberalism) and the pursuit of happiness.  And is based on strong moral order in both the human soul and the Commonwealth.

bim, you gotta stop.  Historically there are so many things wrong with these posts, but the desire to and avoid politics is too appealing for me to really get into it here.  You've got a right to your view, but the attempts to link them back to the Founders is just a mess.  The tea party platform is no more directly linked to the Founders than the Greenpeace platform, which is to say that either platform today would be barely recognizable to Washington, other than both having the right to exist (and Washington was one of 7 or 8 key framers of the Constitution, several having very different idealogies).  

Lest you think I am disagreeing because I am a liberal or a Democrat, you would be wrong.  I'm objecting to your logic and grossly simplified interpretation of the Founders' views, not your preference for the tea party today. 

Anyhow, I hope TT comes back too.  It would be good for hockey and fun to watch.

[/QUOTE]

Have to agree with Fletch here - I'm a Canuck, and from what you've displayed I'm very confident that I still have a better grasp of American political history than you do (though that's likely for professional reasons).

Best just to drop it and talk hockey.

However, if you want to continue this conversation, start a thread on the politics board and post a link here and I'll gladly participate.

Anywhose - with Thomas out, who is Florida's backup? What is their depth in net?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:

the English monarchy was controlled by the Pope? Who knew?

Obviously not Henry VIII - someone should tell him. (Note to bim - Henry VIII gave rise to the Anglican church and separation from the Catholic church's influence on the the British monarchy almost 250 years before the Revolutionary War - it was codified into law by QEI who died 173 years before the DOI)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Obviously not Henry VIII - someone should tell him. (Note to bim - Henry VIII gave rise to the Anglican church and separation from the Catholic church's influence on the the British monarchy almost 250 years before the Revolutionary War - it was codified into law by QEI who died 173 years before the DOI)

Jeez just shut it with the history & political stuff!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Yup, then given back to the Pope under Mary Tudor who prceeded to kill disenters.  Hence the nickname "Bloody Mary".  You need to stop reading the cliff notes, hon.

And further, the Anglican church still used the 3 catholic creeds as part of their worship and doctrine.

Bottom line is Henry created the CofE out of selfish expediecy, not doctrinal necessity.  Which is why it still followed most of the Catholic traditions with a little Protestant theology mixed in.  Then Elizabeth enacted a law that demanded religious uniformity.  And that was it.  America here we come.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

You have chosen to ignore posts from Dim09.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Typical.  When liberals can't debate you on the fact's they resort to name calling.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

Typical.  When liberals can't debate you on the fact's they resort to name calling.

Dude, this is no place for a political debate.  I'm as anti-liberal as they come, but I'm not getting into it here. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The TpaTi never present facts they just spin Faux Noos lies. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Bim, I cant make up my mind as to whether you are just yanking everyone's chain or are that un-informed and simply a product of our nation's rapidly declining quality of education.

Either way, if you want to continue to spew right-wing political talkingpoints go to redstate.com.

This is a hockey forum.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dvu. Show dvu's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Fletch, you're going to attempt to talk rationally with a person who believes the world was created 3000 years ago?  A person who doesn't believe that global warming is going on?  A person who believes that not paying your bills will have no negative affect to our economy?  Forget it.  They are all just zombies who repeat the Fox Channel news byword of the day.  They don't think for themselves, but they like to say they do.

And he asks me if I'm an American?  Tea Party is attempting to usurp democracy by inflicting the will of the majority and a commonly elected president twice over.

If ANYONE's loyalty to this country and government is to be questioned, it's one of these tea party idiots.  I'mm a natural born US citizen watching my country being taken over by Facists and religious fanatics.

Really?  I grew up in Soviet Union and last thing I need on hockey forums is a reminder of my school/university brainwashing.  I believed America is pluralistic society.  I read this forums often to get insight on hockey, never posted.  But this is going too far.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Bim, I cant make up my mind as to whether you are just yanking everyone's chain or are that un-informed and simply a product of our nation's rapidly declining quality of education.

Either way, if you want to continue to spew right-wing political talkingpoints go to redstate.com.

This is a hockey forum.

JM you are correct about this being a hockey forum. But it's not just about bim spouting his views, it's also about all the others here who keep responding to it. People here need to learn to ignore silly stuff that is clearly written to bait people.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to dvu's comment:

Really?  I grew up in Soviet Union and last thing I need on hockey forums is a reminder of my school/university brainwashing.  I believed America is pluralistic society.  I read this forums often to get insight on hockey, never posted.  But this is going too far.

Da, and you can put me on ignore,  And I won't say anything about tvoia matz.

In the meantime, TT is an absolute bonehead.  This injury is one he brought on himself by taking a year off.  he hurt his former team (the Bruins) and did not honor his contract.

TT igot hurt horashow enough for him, I think he's a sukim sinne, Spasibo!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Jeez just shut it with the history & political stuff!

Dropped.

And BadHab's right - this is self-inflicted basically. There's no way he was going to keep his conditioning up after 16 months of not playing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

And BadHab's right - this is self-inflicted basically. There's no way he was going to keep his conditioning up after 16 months of not playing.

Impossible to say.  What was his workout schedule for those 16 months?  If you don't know, you have no basis for this statement.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Disagree NAS - he wasn't taking shots from world class players, this much we know. Why? Because he wasn't in the NHL. I don't care what your workout schedule is, nothing makes up for actual competition in terms of staying in game shape.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Disagree NAS - he wasn't taking shots from world class players, this much we know. Why? Because he wasn't in the NHL. I don't care what your workout schedule is, nothing makes up for actual competition in terms of staying in game shape.

So many variables. 

Was he taking shots from anyone?

How long can a goaltender go without taking shots from NHL players before he runs the risk of getting hurt?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UtahBruin. Show UtahBruin's posts

This is true. And even more so with his "battlefly" style.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

So many variables. 

Was he taking shots from anyone?

How long can a goaltender go without taking shots from NHL players before he runs the risk of getting hurt?

We KNOW these things;

He pulled a groin, this is a preventable injury.

We know he took a year off.

We know he wasn't injury prone previous to the year off.

We know that he wasn't using the Bruins training facilities or coaching staff in that time off, nor was he working out with the Islanders.

And further, just look at the play, was he doing something that was unusual for a goalie to?  Was it an accident like stepping on  puck and your foot/leg slide abruptly and quickly and far further than normal for someone other than a 12 year old gymnast?  

No.  To my eyes to looked reasonably routine.

And finally, would someone who didn't have as much rust as he has make that play that way?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Players get muscle injuries all the time.

October 23, 2012

Boston Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask suffers groin injury in Czech League

What's the reason for this?  Rask had faced NHL competition the previous year.

November 9, 2006

Leafs hold off struggling Bruins; Raycroft strains groin

Raycroft was playing against NHL competition during that season.

My point is that Thomas is injured and he took a year off, but that doesn't mean he's injured because he took a year off.

Sep 27, 2013

Bruins’ Krejci out tonight with back spasms

I'm sure Krejci was in the proper condition.  Bodily injuries happen.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Spot on NAS... has nothing to do with taking a year off. Some folks just have to hate.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Players get muscle injuries all the time.

October 23, 2012

Boston Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask suffers groin injury in Czech League

What's the reason for this?  Rask had faced NHL competition the previous year.

November 9, 2006

Leafs hold off struggling Bruins; Raycroft strains groin

Raycroft was playing against NHL competition during that season.

My point is that Thomas is injured and he took a year off, but that doesn't mean he's injured because he took a year off.

Sep 27, 2013

Bruins’ Krejci out tonight with back spasms

I'm sure Krejci was in the proper condition.  Bodily injuries happen.

Agreed & groin pulls for hockey players are not uncommon at all. It happens to young players, skilled players, d-men, older players. Pure coincidence is what this is. He still is fighting the puck though, still guessing instead of anticipatiing- which was a big asset to his game. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

When I returned to BDC fter taking the summer off from this board I pulled a hammy getting up out of my chair. Is it because I hadn't been facing world class posters for 2 months or is it just one of those injuries that happens when you're veteran poster and reach middle age? Who knows.Probably just unfortunate timing because it's hard to attribute "world class" to most of the posters here :P

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Spot on NAS... has nothing to do with taking a year off. Some folks just have to hate.

I agree & I'll get a little political here by saying...There's far too much of it (hate) in todays society. It's always been there, but now in todays world it's out of control & so easy to see.