TT Traded

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: TT Traded

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

So basically, unless TT outright retires Bruins get Isles 2nd round pick. I say this is a thing of beauty.

And the way the Islanders play it is basically a 1st rounder...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Wow, was I wrong.  I never thought this would happen.  I think I went way out of my way to say it would never happen.  Obla di.

If I'm an Islanders fan, I put all of my stuff on eBay and buy Rangers gear.  Wang is a billionaire (I think) and they are using empty contracts to avoid haivng to spend the minimum?  Forget that.

yet another dumb and stupid comment.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

The fact that they got rid of his cap hit and got a potential 2nd rounder is a terrific job by Chiarelli. Not sure I would read anything into it as far as future moves. I think they had a chance to get rid of the hit, and jumped at it...I dont think this means Iginla is coming here, as they are saying on the radio...They can now re-sign some core players, and if Tuuka continues to play like he has, thats where the majority of this money is going in the off-season.

Could be prelude to add a player.  They must find someone to compliment Kelly n pevs.  

I would like to thank TT for the best goalie performance ever in a Stanley cup final.  No cup without TT.  Goalies are the weirdest people on earth.  TT was. Strange cat.  Amazing goale and great story.  

Selective highlighter heard that all the time and never bought it. It's an unproven theory. TT is far more replaceable than Chara for example. Rask isn't the big drop off in talent that Chara to Hnidy was. For all we know, Rask could've swept T-Bay and Van. It's all conjecture. I distinctly remember lots of people wanting to see TT pulled after the first 2 games against Montreal. I'm glad TT helped the team win. Now I'm glad he's gone. Sweet, sweet cap space. Cheers!

No TT and his Stanley Cup playoffs mvp and no cup.  I mean I guess the pens could have won the cup without Mario as well.  But I doubt it.  TT was outstanding.  And I would almost argue that Seidz was more valuable then chara.  But they all played on the cup team.  

four 7 game series and he posts shutouts against van in van and also against tBay.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

If TT blah blah blah

If this and if that and you can if yourself to death.

So if they didn't have TT - they would have had another player instead.  And not necessarily another goalie.  And that other player instead might have won them a cup last year.

Whatever.  That was then and this is now.

Forget about IF.  If I had only made the right moves I could have bonked the hottest chick I know.  If only I hadn't married my first wife.  

If I picked the right numbers I would have won the powerball.

Discussing 'if' is the biggest waste of time in the world.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Great deal, just for the possibilities it creates. PC has something up his sleeve.

The Tim Thomas era is over, God save Timmy. All the best to you - except when you play the Bruins.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If TT blah blah blah

So if they didn't have TT - they would have had another player instead.  And not necessarily another goalie.  And that other player instead might have won them a cup last year.

Forget about IF.  If I had only made the right moves I could have bonked the hottest chick I know.  If only I hadn't married my first wife.  

Who said IF

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The *funnest* seasons I had as a hockey fan were watching where the Kessel picks would end up.

Now I get another season of following the trials and tribulations of a hapless team.

Somehow or other watching other teams that will determine your playoff opponent or whether your team makes the playoffs, that doesn't give me that much thrill.

But watching some team tank and you own their pick - that's a blast.  

Hardly a night all season where there isn't a game you're personally invested in.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

If TT blah blah blah

Who said IF

If was implied in 

No TT and his Stanley Cup playoffs mvp and no cup.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If TT blah blah blah

Who said IF

If was implied in 

And I stick to it.  The fact he was playoff MVP and set records for gaa tells me he was a critical factor.  Kinda like breathing to live.  I can't think in recent memory of someone more deserving.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Most Valuable Player.  There is no IF in it but I'm sure you know what it means. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

So if TT does not play this year and is a UFA, how do the Bs get a draft pick?  If he plays again and is a UFA from the Islanders how do the Bs secure the pick and from whom?  Strange Brew!  I don't get it, must be the traveling today!  Fletch has it correct: salary dump!  Better than a buyout even if the Bs don't get a pick.  Yup, the third line is a wanting.  On a pure speculative point, what two players are bought out next year?  Badhab was right, TT was traded.  I was right, I think (see above), the Bs got nuttin!  I capitulate Badhobbit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Most Valuable Player.  There is no IF in it but I'm sure you know what it means. 

With ya Shupe, he was instrumental part in winning the Cup..The fact that it went sour last year because of his own doings doesn't change that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

If TT blah blah blah

Who said IF

You essentially do each time you say the B's wouldn't have won without him right? That's like saying you don't win if TT wasn't there. We don't know how things would've played out had Rask got a chance to play instead. Heck, they might've won back to back for all we know. I'm happy that Rask is now the starter. That was always PC's plan to begin with anyway.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

So if TT does not play this year and is a UFA, how do the Bs get a draft pick?  If he plays again and is a UFA from the Islanders how do the Bs secure the pick and from whom?  Strange Brew!  I don't get it, must be the traveling today!  Fletch has it correct: salary dump!  Better than a buyout even if the Bs don't get a pick.  Yup, the third line is a wanting.  On a pure speculative point, what two players are bought out next year?  Badhab was right, TT was traded.  I was right, I think (see above), the Bs got nuttin!  I capitulate Badhobbit.

The Bruins will get Isles #2 pick unless he outright quits hockey (retires).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If TT blah blah blah

Who said IF

You essentially do each time you say the B's wouldn't have won without him right? That's like saying you don't win ifTT wasn't there. We don't know how things would've played out had Rask got a chance to play instead. Heck, they might've won back to back for all we know. I'm happy that Rask is now the starter. That was always PC's plan to begin with anyway.

There's no IF in MVP.  But IF thats what I'm implying then good bc it holds true.  He was the MVP and set records.  Sure rask could have done that.  But TT did do that.  No IF Needed.  He DID do that.  And was recognized as the most valuable player on any team in that yrs Stanley cup playoffs. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

If TT blah blah blah

Who said IF

If was implied in 

And I stick to it.  The fact he was playoff MVP and set records for gaa tells me he was a critical factor.  Kinda like breathing to live.  I can't think in recent memory of someone more deserving.  

Quick bested his numbers last year so the whole historic angle goes out the window. If TT didn't win the Cup he would've gone down as basically a career playoff choker considering he'd only won 1 NHL playoff round during his first 36 years of his life. Just as you always liked to harp on Chara having never won anything before 2011, TT was even guiltier in that respect. I just the entire team was fantastic in 2011 and every guy was needed when all was said and done but the Bruins outscored Van 23-8 in the finals. Do you think Rask would've given up an extra 16 goals?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If TT blah blah blah

Who said IF

If was implied in 

Quick bested his numbers last year so the whole historic angle goes out the window. If TT didn't win the Cup he would've gone down as basically a career playoff choker considering he'd only won 1 NHL playoff round during his first 36 years of his life. Just as you always liked to harp on Chara having never won anything before 2011, TT was even guiltier in that respect. I just the entire team was fantastic in 2011 and every guy was needed when all was said and done but the Bruins outscored Van 23-8 in the finals. Do you think Rask would've given up an extra 16 goals?

Hey you used IF.  But TT DID Win the cup!   A cup where he was named playoff MVP.  This if theory is funny.  But yes.  Every guy was needed.  And TT was voted the MVP of the playoffs for his OUTSTANDING play.  He DID that.  No IF needed.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

If TT blah blah blah

Who said IF

You essentially do each time you say the B's wouldn't have won without him right? That's like saying you don't win ifTT wasn't there. We don't know how things would've played out had Rask got a chance to play instead. Heck, they might've won back to back for all we know. I'm happy that Rask is now the starter. That was always PC's plan to begin with anyway.

There's no IF in MVP.  But IF thats what I'm implying then good bc it holds true.  He was the MVP and set records.  Sure rask could have done that.  But TT did do that.  No IF Needed.  He DID do that.  And was recognized as the most valuable player on any team in that yrs Stanley cup playoffs. 

I'm glad he's gone. Did I mention that earlier?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If TT blah blah blah

Who said IF

I'm glad he's gone. Did I mention that earlier?

I was no fan but I know what he did.  I think Rask is going to have a great career and I love that we get a 2 nd round pick and cap space.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

If TT blah blah blah

Who said IF

If was implied in 

Hey you used IF.  But TT DID Win the cup!   A cup where he was named playoff MVP.  This if theory is funny.  But yes.  Every guy was needed.  And TT was voted the MVP of the playoffs for his OUTSTANDING play.  He DID that.  No IF needed.  

No I didn't. Try to keep track of who said what. You said the Bruins wouldn't win without him. I said we won't ever know but I see/saw him as replaceable. He had 1 good playoffs. Thanks. Don't let the door hit you on the way out Timmy. The trouble with TT was that he read your posts and totally beleived they were true. Cheers!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

You said IF TT didn't win the cup he would be considered a choker. That's an IF isn't it. I think I am keeping track.  I only used it after you implied its what I meant.  Yes it's true we will never know.  We do have history as our guide though and an MVP award for being the most important player.  Who's on first?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Good move, but only a "great" move if PC uses the space to improve.  Otherwise, it just adds the profit margin.  PC did not use Savard's LTIR space last year, and still hasn't used it this year.

Still, happy the saga is finally over. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

You said IF TT didn't win the cup he would be considered a choker. That's an IF isn't it. I think I am keeping track.  I only used it after you implied its what I meant.  Yes it's true we will never know.  We do have history as our guide though and an MVP award for being the most important player.  Who's on first?

That was in reply to you asking "who said if' and my saying that you basically do every time you say Boston wouldn't have won. I was saying that if we're going to use "if's" then we could throw that in too. If, if, if, if. It was BadHab who started with the if questions. On another note, can you tell I'm training to be an unlicensed internet attorney?  I'm trying to Matlock the hell out this place. Cheers!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

That was in reply to you asking "who said if' and my saying that you basically do every time you say Boston wouldn't have won. I was saying that if we're going to use "if's" then we could throw that in too. If, if, if, if. It was BadHab who started with the if questions. On another note, can you tell I'm training to be an unlicensed internet attorney?  I'm trying to Matlock the hell out this place. Cheers!

Then stick to the facts!   Cheers back at ya. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Then stick to the facts!   Cheers back at ya. 

Fine point indeed sir. Be sure to keep that in mind the next time you try to debate PK Subban's hypothetical potential (38 pt career year) vs Mike Greene's real numbers (76 and 73 pt years). Owwwwwww, burn. Even I think I'm a dick for that one. Ha ha ha!