TT Traded

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: TT Traded

To me when they say conditional pick I don't think if TT signs as a UFA the Buins get anything.

Just the fact they free up some cap space it's a win win situation.

Thank you Mr Thomas for 2011

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

Then stick to the facts!   Cheers back at ya. 

Fine point indeed sir. Be sure to keep that in mind the next time you try to debate PK Subban's hypothetical potential (38 pt career year) vs Mike Greene's real numbers (76 and 73 pt years). Owwwwwww, burn. Even I think I'm a dick for that one. Ha ha ha!

Mike Green.  I didn't mention him.  Who would you rather have?  Burn Back.  I'm glad you didn't say oh snap.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Fine point indeed sir. Be sure to keep that in mind the next time you try to debate PK Subban's hypothetical potential (38 pt career year) vs Mike Greene's real numbers (76 and 73 pt years). Owwwwwww, burn. Even I think I'm a dick for that one. Ha ha ha!

Mike Green.  I didn't mention him.  Who would you rather have?  Burn Back.  I'm glad you didn't say oh snap.  

PK but only because he's so much cheaper. Tough call for me though if they made the same cash.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

PK but only because he's so much cheaper. Tough call for me though if they made the same cash.

Not for me. One skates pretty and can put a few pts up.  One plays every situation and is passionate about the game   I watch a lot of caps gms.  Green is absolutely terrible in his own end.  He's been a complete dud in the playoffs.  I could see him being a trade target for a Detroit. He'd likely love that style of play. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

A few thoughts late to the table:

The earlier in the season they make this trade, the more real dollars against this year's cap they have remaining.  In theory, against the Cap, Thomas cost the Bruins every game the team played.  With that money off the books now, they may be able to add a very pricy player to the mix at the deadline - someone even more expensive that TT.  Say Carolina is out of the mix and wants to deal Semin's one year deal at $7M. 

A conditional 2 is better than a 4 or Yannick Riendeau.  Especially if it belongs to the Isles.  

Remember that not long ago, the prevailing wisdom was that the Bruins would have to give up an asset to get a team with cap room to take on Thomas's contract.  I thought that was the most likely scenario - that the Bruins would make the move because they wanted the cap space to deal with injuries or just to make fortifications late in the year.  To get a pick in the top 50 is a complete reversal.  If Thomas comes back next year and is a Vezina caliber goalie, well - deal worked for both teams.

Bruins get a pick if he reports to the Isles or a team the Isles deal his rights to (hi-larious if they made him part of a package for Luongo).  I read that to mean that if they toll his rights, and he reports ever, they get that 2nd rounder.  The fact that it's a 2014 or 15 pick leads me to believe that the Isles will be tolling that deal.  They want him for next year for a couple of reasons.  One is that Nabokov is a UFA, and I would prefer to have Thomas over Nabokov in any event.  Two is that half that team will be UFA.  They have under $30M committed next year with 12 players signed.  Visnovsky and Streit are UFAs and that's $10M.  If they have Thomas's $5M - maybe even have Thomas - they don't have to go whole hog on overpriced UFAs to fill out the roster.  They'll sign some, but they can be judicious.

I think this is brilliant.  And I agree with everyone who has said hey, can't take away that Cup run.  Nothing matters but that he did his job brilliantly often enough for them to win.  Game over man.  Game over.  And I will always love that "I think I have a pretty good idea how to play goal and I'm not taking any advice at this time." line.

YES SIR...however anyone might feel about the guy personally should never be confused with what he did on the ice. It was historically epic, and the greatest performance ever seen.  And I don't care how it sounds - they don't get past Montreal without him standing on his head under the onslaught they were putting on him at times. There are a lot of fans in Tampa who still can't believe that you got that stick there in time. Throwing checks in the crease and out classing Luongo on and off the ice. Best of luck Timmy, and thanks for bringing the Cup to Boston...something I never got to see in my lifetime. Words are words and hardware is hardware.

Game over indeed

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

"If" the Isles don't suspend him and his contract expires at the end of the year, I doubt the Bs get a pick but I guess we'll see.

TT was a great goalie for the Bs, debating whether he was essential or not is a moot point. He played out of his mind and the Bs won the cup. That's written in stone. Anything else is conjecture.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

I will miss his netminding dont give a shiite about his off ice lunacy.  Agree with Shupe on seeing the cup without TT's playoff year, not likely.

Then again we did have the great Kaburlay on D to make his job so much easier than Quick's.lol

TT was not bought out, savings, he was dumped, savings.

We have 7M carrying 25 players, long term Sav and that becomes 11M. Toss in Kelly 3M gives us 14M for Iggy and Semin on the 3rd line with Pev and our highest paid.  Now wouldn't that be funny.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's comment:

I will miss his netminding dont give a shiite about his off ice lunacy.  Agree with Shupe on seeing the cup without TT's playoff year, not likely.

Then again we did have the great Kaburlay on D to make his job so much easier than Quick's.lol

We have 7M carrying 25 players, long term Sav and that becomes 11M. Toss in Kelly 3M gives us 14M for Iggy and Semin on the 3rd line with Pev and our highest paid.  Now wouldn't that be funny.

His numbers have been down but I'd like to see the B's try to acquire Morrow from Dallas for the 3rd line.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

His numbers have been down but I'd like to see the B's try to acquire Morrow from Dallas for the 3rd line.

I would also love this.  He's a complete gamer.  His body is wearing down some but he's ideal.  He's been on Dallas 4th line some.   He's the type I want on that 3rd line.  Actually he's the guy.  I mentioned chimera bc he's always motoring and has some skill.  But morrow is a warrior and would look awesome in boston.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I would also love this.  He's a complete gamer.  His body is wearing down some but he's ideal.  He's been on Dallas 4th line some.   He's the type I want on that 3rd line.  Actually he's the guy.  I mentioned chimera bc he's always motoring and has some skill.  But morrow is a warrior and would look awesome in boston.  

I think he'd mesh really well with Kelly and Peverley and like you said, his role in Dallas is diminishing. It's also the last year of his deal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from backin72. Show backin72's posts

Well, they wouldn't have won it without him, and likely wouldn't win another with him. Time to move on...it's Tuuka time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Ryder scores more and makes less on same team and was also a key component to a cup run.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Ryder scores more and makes less on same team and was also a key component to a cup run.

And would cost more via trade.   Did I just write that.   Never liked Ryder.  He would be a decent fit there though.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

"In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to BadHabitude's comment:"

Shupe, for Christ sake!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

"If" the Isles don't suspend him and his contract expires at the end of the year, I doubt the Bs get a pick but I guess we'll see.

TT was a great goalie for the Bs, debating whether he was essential or not is a moot point. He played out of his mind and the Bs won the cup. That's written in stone. Anything else is conjecture.

I don't think so.

The second round pick was going to be for 2014 or 2015 and NOT 2013.  So it looks to me like no one is expecting him to play this year.

I don't think that the years 14 and 15 would be mentioned as potential pick years and 2013 left out unless they discussed that very case of the Islanders not suspending him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

To me when they say conditional pick I don't think if TT signs as a UFA the Buins get anything.

The Islanders have the option to toll TT's contract and I can not think of one reason they wouldn't toll it.  I would be surprised too see TT hit free agency.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

1) Thanks for the cup Mr. Thomas -- couldn't have done it without you -- after 50 years with this team -- I thought '72 would be the last cup I witnessed them win in my lifetime.

2) Would have been nice to get a 1st rounder but I like the salary cap wiggle room PC created for himself.

3) The only thing more shocking would have been PC trading him to the Caps so TT could hve been closer to his buddy Obama

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It kills me that people are suggesting a first round pick here.

An old, whackjob player who decided to quit and may never return to the game for a first round pick?  Come on.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

It kills me that people are suggesting a first round pick here.

An old, whackjob player who decided to quit and may never return to the game for a first round pick?  Come on.

The second round pick of a terrible team is equally outrageous, yet it happened.

That's just too good.

They should conditionally trade this conditional pick now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I don't think so.

The second round pick was going to be for 2014 or 2015 and NOT 2013.  So it looks to me like no one is expecting him to play this year.

I don't think that the years 14 and 15 would be mentioned as potential pick years and 2013 left out unless they discussed that very case of the Islanders not suspending him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

As the reports indicated, the condition of the 2nd round pick is if TT doesn't play for the Isles this year (he has since reaffirmed he is not playing this season) or next year ( he also has reaffirmed he wants to play next year).

Since TT still 'owes' the B's for a year's service(2013-14) before being a UFA (2014-15), this  term is what was traded.

The biggest risk is if Thomas reneges on his desire to play next year and sits out again.

Bruins get nothing but cap space(possibly even more important) with the new CBA cap.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Just listened to PC press conference.  He said he didn't want to disclose terms and conditions but basically if he returns to the NHL - the Bruins get the pick.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Thats a beautiful finish there.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Oh, and if TT never plays in the NHL again the Bruins get nothing, but then again, no one ever got any services out of TT.

I'm serious - look this up if you don't believe me, but a players cap hit counts even if he dies.  So the Bruins ditching TT is the best thing ever if he nevers plays another NHL game for any reason.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

The Islanders have the option to toll TT's contract and I can not think of one reason they wouldn't toll it.  I would be surprised too see TT hit free agency.

that's right !!! Wouldn't that be lovely for TT, he'll belong to the Islanders next year and might demand to be traded.  Now it wouldbe the Islanders that control his destiny and that's Karma .

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Oh, and if TT never plays in the NHL again the Bruins get nothing, but then again, no one ever got any services out of TT.

I'm serious - look this up if you don't believe me, but a players cap hit counts even if he dies.  So the Bruins ditching TT is the best thing ever if he nevers plays another NHL game for any reason.

Absolutely true.  The pick would be nice, but trading the cap hit FOR NOTHING is a great deal.