TUUKKA need to shut up!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

TUUKKA need to shut up!

I am getting tired of Tuukka's post game interviews.  He has no problem thorwing his teammates under the bus.  When TT said anything close to what Tuukka has been saying, many were all over him.  Why does Tuukka get a pass?  After the loss in the Peg, he comes out and says we need to score more goals.  Really Einstein?  How about you don't let a weak one go through your pads for a tap in by Kane and maybe the B's come out of the game with at least a point.  What about in Pittsburgh, when you fumbled a puck that should have been easily closed in your glove for a whistle, but instead was dropped right to Joe Vitale who water bottled you?  Another game in which the Bruins could have gotten a point.   the 2 points that separates the Bruins and the Habs right now. Yeah, the offense is struggling, but that is where a true #1 stands up and carries the boys, not talk to the media post game that we need to score more goals and how we're not good enough.  Because when he says we, he really means them, as he can't score goals!  Even the win in Florida, the shortie he gave up to Matthias was brutal (he was way out of position) and he is quoted “We were pretty bad out there at times,” Rask said. “Our heads were not in it at all. That short-handed goal tells a lot about that. I mean, weren’t that bad, defensively.”.   IMO, he is talking too much about what the team is doing wrong and not enough about what he needs to do.  To me a goalie should only talk about his team in front in a positive light to the media and only talk about his game performance if he is going to criticize, which is the exact opposite of what skating players should do.  I know this post will be met with,you are an idiot, look at his wins, his gaa, his save %, etc....  I see all that.  He just need to shut tfu and do those things without giving his post game interviews laden with disquised shots at his teammates!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Re: TUUKKA need to shut up!

but...he's...kinda right?

Obviously he let in a softie, but if the players that should be scoring, scored (esp on a defensively weakish team like the jets) as much as they schould be there wouldnt be a problem.  Cant rely on just one or two guys to do all the scoring for you.

Though i also dont like the throwing ppl under the bus either.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

MeanE I disagree. He's absolutely right. He's doing his job just fine. Goalie can't win by himself. TT had goal support, so he never had to say anything. The 3rd line has been invisible all year. The goalie is top 4 in save percentage and goals against.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Tuukka has called his own play into question a few times , most notably when he lets in weak goals. When he has a good game but the team only gets one goal well then he is just stating the obvious, i wouldn't say he is throwing anyone under the bus, just stating what everyone can see.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

MeanE I disagree. He's absolutely right. He's doing his job just fine. Goalie can't win by himself. TT had goal support, so he never had to say anything. The 3rd line has been invisible all year. The goalie is top 4 in save percentage and goals against.

TT was one player who never took responsibility for bad goals.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Fine line.  Goalies should be seen and not heard.  I think that's the real lesson here.

Right nite, kelvana, SoxFan...who else am I missing?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

There is defintiely a double standard.  Tim Thomas made similar comments in the playoffs last year and he was called out by media and fans!  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Fine line.  Goalies should be seen and not heard.  I think that's the real lesson here.

Absolutely! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Tuukka has called his own play into question a few times , most notably when he lets in weak goals. When he has a good game but the team only gets one goal well then he is just stating the obvious, i wouldn't say he is throwing anyone under the bus, just stating what everyone can see.

My point is that he should call his own play into question.  If everyone can see that the team is having trouble scoring goals.  Why is it necessary for the goalie, who can't score, and thus lacks responsibility, to reiterate it to the media?  To make himself feel better?  When is the last time you have heard a player blame a loss on their goalie?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

There is defintiely a double standard.  Tim Thomas made similar comments in the playoffs last year and he was called out by media and fans!  

I think the reason being is like i mentioned, TT never questioned his own play but was fine questioning others.If TT would've just manned up once or twice it wouldn't have been an issue.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Was Vitale's goal weak?  Was Matthias's goal Weak?  Was Kane's goal WeaK?  I say yes to all 3.  I don't recall him stating that they were and that he shouldn't have given those up.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Vitale's was a deflection. Matthias scored after committing a foul and not being properly defended by the defenseman. Hamilton was looking for a call rather than to finish the play. Kane's goal was also a deflection was it not?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Vitale's was a deflection. Matthias scored after committing a foul and not being properly defended by the defenseman. Hamilton was looking for a call rather than to finish the play. Kane's goal was also a deflection was it not?

A deflection that was sqaurely in his catching mit was it not?  No matter what happend in front of him with hamilton, was he in position to stop the shot?  Or did he give up on it like hamilton?  Whether a puck is deflected or not doesn't matter if it should be stopped!  Dribble throught the pads is one that should have been stopped.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

You're being too critical. He was sliding right to make the save and had to basically dive back to his left and it caught the tip/webbing of his glove. Where was AF to clear that rebound that he caused?

Pucks dribble through pads, Lehner in OTT is a perfect example. The OT goal BARELY made it in.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I think the reason being is like i mentioned, TT never questioned his own play but was fine questioning others.If TT would've just manned up once or twice it wouldn't have been an issue.

Go to the 2:20 mark of this video.  Tuukka needs to learn!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pIzYfSLSYc

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

You're being too critical. He was sliding right to make the save and had to basically dive back to his left and it caught the tip/webbing of his glove. Where was AF to clear that rebound that he caused?

Pucks dribble through pads, Lehner in OTT is a perfect example. The OT goal BARELY made it in.

Caught the tip of his glove?  Please!  It's just like in football if you get your hands on the ball... gotta catch that, period.  AF doesn't have to be there if he closes the glove on the puck.  Do you think Lehner wants that one back?  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Was Vitale's goal weak?  Was Matthias's goal Weak?  Was Kane's goal WeaK?  I say yes to all 3.  I don't recall him stating that they were and that he shouldn't have given those up.  

Look , a goalie isn't going to comment on every single goal he lets in , it would take too long and be quite a boring interview. If a bad goal costs the team a game or if 2 or 3 stinkers get by him then a goalie should address that.As far as the goals you mentioned go i'd say, Vitale's=not weak, Matthias=Tuukka overplayed it but didn't cost the game, Kane=would have been nice to freeze it but it squeaked out to Kane and bingo open net, it happens. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I am getting tired of Tuukka's post game interviews.  He has no problem thorwing his teammates under the bus.  When TT said anything close to what Tuukka has been saying, many were all over him.  Why does Tuukka get a pass?

After the loss in the Peg, he comes out and says we need to score more goals.  Really Einstein?  How about you don't let a weak one go through your pads for a tap in by Kane and maybe the B's come out of the game with at least a point.

What about in Pittsburgh, when you fumbled a puck that should have been easily closed in your glove for a whistle, but instead was dropped right to Joe Vitale who water bottled you?  Another game in which the Bruins could have gotten a point.  the 2 points that separates the Bruins and the Habs right now.

Yeah, the offense is struggling, but that is where a true #1 stands up and carries the boys, not talk to the media post game that we need to score more goals and how we're not good enough.  Because when he says we, he really means them, as he can't score goals!  Even the win in Florida, the shortie he gave up to Matthias was brutal (he was way out of position) and he is quoted “We were pretty bad out there at times,” Rask said. “Our heads were not in it at all. That short-handed goal tells a lot about that. I mean, weren’t that bad, defensively.”.

IMO, he is talking too much about what the team is doing wrong and not enough about what he needs to do.  To me a goalie should only talk about his team in front in a positive light to the media and only talk about his game performance if he is going to criticize, which is the exact opposite of what skating players should do.

I know this post will be met with,you are an idiot, look at his wins, his gaa, his save %, etc....  I see all that.  He just need to shut tfu and do those things without giving his post game interviews laden with disquised shots at his teammates!

I couldn't agree more.  I'm still not sold on Tuukka.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

The B's score 4 goals total in their last 3 losses and it is the goalie's fault and he should not say anything...Really?

BTW, if Rask questioned individual players for not scoring that would be throwing someone under the bus...to say that the team needs to score more goals offensively is not doing that, it is stating a point of fact that EVERYONE knows.

In addition, I've seen Tuuka get mad at himself on numerous occasions for giving up what is perceived as a soft goal, but when the offense doesn't give the goalie any support you can't expect him to be perfect between the pipes. Hey guys, score a power play goal every once in a while and you'll take the pressure off the whole team...to get ZERO shots on two of them against the Jets is not the how you do it.

Giving up that soft goal to Kane the other night is a perfect example...if the score was 3/4 to 1 then that type of bad fortune does not mean anything.

Also if I recall correctly Thornton and some others on the team made similar comments about the offense after the Jets and Pens games.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

bim you're not sold on a goalie that led the league in GAA and SV% and is currently 4th in both categories now? I'd have to be the 28 or so other starting goalies in the league that aren't up to your standards.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

bim you're not sold on a goalie that led the league in GAA and SV% and is currently 4th in both categories now? I'd have to be the 28 or so other starting goalies in the league that aren't up to your standards.

When he steals a must win playoff game, I'll be a believer.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Millen, Healey, Hrudey, Pang, Davidson. Hayward, McLennan, there must be others that should shut their pie holes better than they did their 5 hole.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Hey, I've been consistent with my critique of netminders.  I wasn't sold on TT until he stood on his head in the playoffs.

If Tuukka wants me to pump his tires, he needs to show me he's worthy of sponsorship.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

When he steals a must win playoff game, I'll be a believer.

Thats a ways off but i think he's capable of it. He stole a win for the B's earlier in the year in Montreal, which isn't an easy place to do it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's comment:

Millen, Healey, Hrudey, Pang, Davidson. Hayward, McLennan, there must be others that should shut their pie holes better than they did their 5 hole.

Definately!