Tuukka Rask = Hannu Toivonen

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbw413. Show jbw413's posts

Tuukka Rask = Hannu Toivonen

It is almost December and Rask has 1 win!!!

The Bruins always destroy their goaltending prospects... Rask looks like yet another in a long line of them

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Tuukka Rask = Hannu Toivonen

Hey Dude ...how can you win a game with one goal or even worst 0 goal ...Rask had the bext average in the NHL last year ...just like TT who won the Vezina 2 years ago ..last season he had a so so year and we saw all the TT haters ..now the Rask haters are going to jump on him ???? ...its not the goalies ..its the offense ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (despite the whiners)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

You're thinking of Raycroft, Toivonen?  They are still not a #1 starter anywhere. Rask is puzzling to me. Very bad game for him tonight. Not playing the puck well, could have stop half of the goals score against him. 
    But don't blame the Bruins organization for ruining goalie prospects! Just having bad luck with them..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Idiots.

Rask gave up one tonight he should have stopped.  The rest of the night he looked like a goaltender who's been buried on the end of the bench and rusting. 
    Rask isnt giving up youtube-level horrible goals like Thomas did last year.  He's rusty and unsure out there, like most goalies that have been on the bench too much, especially a young one.

The fact is, had the Bruins been successful in giving away Thomas in the offseason like they tried to do, Rask would have played most of the first bunch of games this year when the Bs were dominating and he would be just fine.  Unfortunately for Rask, TT was immediately put in, played well and benefitted by the B's playing terrific hockey while Rask rusted after the opening game.

He will be just fine, although if this team is going to continue to commit to TT, they should just trade away Rask and let him be a franchise goalie for a team that appreciates him.  Maybe the B's can get that puck-moving defenseman for him.  I'd enjoy watching him play every night someplace where he's appreciated.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Ah SoxFan, I knew you could somehow parlay this into being Timmy's fault.  Is there any scenario where TT stays with the team that would make you happy?  Funny how you disappeared while Thomas was tearing it up in October. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Raycroft certainly seems closer right now.

I'm not going to throw him away yet, but the confidence I had in him last year has quite dwindled.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The same fools banging on Rask just like they did to Thomas last year.  You can't blame this guy if ou watched the games...

I'm surprised people haven't learned from Thomas how goalies can turn things around quickly with a little support in front of them.

Anyone remember Rask's Vezina caliber season last year?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In Response to Re: Tuukka Rask = Hannu Toivonen:
    [QUOTE]Idiots. Rask gave up one tonight he should have stopped.  The rest of the night he looked like a goaltender who's been buried on the end of the bench and rusting.  Rask isnt giving up youtube-level horrible goals like Thomas did last year.  He's rusty and unsure out there, like most goalies that have been on the bench too much, especially a young one.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

If this is the case then neither TT or Rask should be a backup, they should both be a starter or #1, opening the door to trade one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Rask's save % is .926 down slightly from last year .931 not much and that is what is I look at. Tuukka continually gets no goal support from the Bruins when he starts that falls on Chiarelli to get more consistent snipers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

From Fluto's article today:

“The last three goals went through the same spot, underneath the blocker,’’ said Rask (22 saves). “That’s something I’ve got to look and fix. You save those, you give your team a chance to win. Today I didn’t.’’

Enough said !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

i dont fault rask , for most of the games hes played in the rest of the team hasnt shown up

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gaaucoin. Show gaaucoin's posts

That's right...throw him under the bus!!! He's a bum (that has received no goal support). TT has been benefitting from some great offense. Tuuka's had none. So, "Dump the bum." We tried to throw him under the bus, but it went thru his legs.
    Will you please give it a rest???!!! Score a goal or two for the guy and he's right back to last year's form.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Two weak goals tonite...#2 and #4 can't blame him for the loss but he still stinks...see game 7 vs Philly.... brutal

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

GOALTENDING IS NOT A PROBLEM WITH THIS TEAM AT ALL NO MATTER WHO IS IN NET, THOMAS/RASK!!! GOALTENDING IS EXEMPT!!! GOALTENDING IS THE ONLY REASON WHY THIS TEAM IS NOT IN LAST PLACE RIGHT NOW.  COACHING IS THE BIGGEST PROBLEM!!! IT IS TIME FOR CLAUDE TO GO!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I'll agree that the team has not played well in front of him at all times but it is clear that he is not playing on the same level as last year. I'm thinking he may be one of those goalies who needs regular ice time to be on the very top of his game.