TYLER SEGUIN!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Re: TYLER SEGUIN!!!!

In Response to Re: TYLER SEGUIN!!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TYLER SEGUIN!!!! : flag thrown 15 yard penalty for piling on. Just read about how Phil was invisible. Shocking, he hasn't scored in his last 6?  Who could have predicted that?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I hope that was sarcasm BH.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TYLER SEGUIN!!!! : RHO Last week in Toronto I was stirring the pot chanting " Go Leafs go" and that was only to tease the Hab counterparts .  Good times. All the lady Leaf fans I kept on saying Thank you Kessel but it went over their heads. They kept on saying isn't he great ... Even when I told them I was Bruins fan they didn't it. Oh well.. On that article they bring up something interesting that I was discussing with the Leaf fans at dinner last week. I told them that I'm not surprised that Kessel lights it up early, he's done it in all his early games with the Leafs. What Kessel hasn't done is when the other teams match up their best defensive players on him and his line he's easily shut down. Basically Kessel's production will go down as the other teams try to shut down he and his line mates.  Sure he'll still score on PP and not every team has  a Chara, Seidenberg, Weber or Suter but he will not score 50 as everyone was saying at the "pace" he was going . Bookboy, you can now crunch the numbers.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

The average leaf fan won't understand anything that doesn't pertain directly to the leafs.  They are leaf fans but not true hockey fans.  Many of them only watch the play-offs is the leafs are playing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]I live in Toronto and was SICK TO DEATH of Toronto fans and media getting carried away with their good start. EARTH TO LEAFS NATION: THE SEASON IS 82 GAMES LONG, NOT 13!!!!!!!! Last night's game was a reminder to the Leafs of their place in the hockey universe. Don't get carried away with yourselves, Leaf fans, your team still blows. I mean, c'mon, did you really think you were going to play with the Stanley Cup Champions? Sorry Leaf fans, you don't get to play Columbus 82 times. The road to the Cup goes through us. Too bad the score wasn't 10-0 last night. Oh, and somebody needs to beat Phaneuf down LARGE next time we play these LOSERS! 
    Posted by BigChara[/QUOTE]

Again they are supposedly the centre of the hockey universe but they have no clue.  Yes they are passionate, but since when did passionate stand for stupid?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TYLER SEGUIN!!!! : Although I don't blame Kessel for getting fedup .  Then again it was Kessel that said when he got traded that he was so happy to be in a hockey market. There you go Mr. Kessel you got your melting pot , now live with it ! Answer those darn questions !

Exactly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TYLER SEGUIN!!!! : Although I don't blame Kessel for getting fedup .  Then again it was Kessel that said when he got traded that he was so happy to be in a hockey market. There you go Mr. Kessel you got your melting pot , now live with it ! Answer those darn questions !

All true, bro.  Granted, to ask the same question right after his club got smoked would probably add to his or anybody's frustration.  I think we Bruin supporters will always owe him our gratitude for helping to persuade Burke, ably assisted by his acquisition, into thinking his team was better than they were thus projecting them giving up perhaps a middle of the first round pick and certainly not a top 2!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Just finished watching the game. What a blow out! I watched with Leafs commentary just for the heck of it. I particularly enjoyed when they said "Here's some footage of the Bruins in the summer" and showed the trailer for the movie The Hangover. Not laughing now are you Leafs? Ha ha.

I think my favourite quote from the commentary was after the 1st goal. "No active sticks. You could drive a bus through that lane." Also what looked like a lucky deflection from the nhl.com lack of replays turned out to be a sweet backhand bat out of the air. Nice!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Just finished watching the game. What a blow out! I watched with Leafs commentary just for the heck of it. I particularly enjoyed when they said "Here's some footage of the Bruins in the summer" and showed the trailer for the movie The Hangover. Not laughing now are you Leafs? Ha ha. I think my favourite quote from the commentary was after the 1st goal. "No active sticks. You could drive a bus through that lane." Also what looked like a lucky deflection from the nhl.com lack of replays turned out to be a sweet backhand bat out of the air. Nice!
    Posted by Kurako[/QUOTE]

Kurako - Their first place overall balloon was pricked big time - at least for one night anyway.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TYLER SEGUIN!!!! : I hope that was sarcasm BH.
    Posted by huntbri[/QUOTE]

Yes, sarcasm, and checking the stats, 1 goal in the last 6.

Wow.  Seguin only had 3 SOG that game.  100% shooting.  Wow.

On another note, those other boneheads gave Kessel an 'a' to wear on his shirt?  Hmm...  looking at their roster, there is no else to give it to.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TYLER SEGUIN!!!! : Yes, sarcasm, and checking the stats, 1 goal in the last 6. Wow.  Seguin only had 3 SOG that game.  100% shooting.  Wow. On another note, those other boneheads gave Kessel an 'a' to wear on his shirt?  Hmm...  looking at their roster, there is no else to give it to.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I think Komisarek also has an "A". At least Kessel can play although he tends to disappear when the going gets tough. Komi is just plain awful.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Late answer to the question, SanDog, but yeah, it sure looks like RNH will be the straw in Edmonton if he isn't already.  He and Hall are different players; RNH will get more points because he can do so many things well.  Hall isn't "one-dimensional" and he'll be a serious player, but he doesn't have as many dimensions as RNH, and even though he's got more physical talents than RNH, RNH is sharper mentally.

Did you see the Saturday game?  Hall keeps getting creamed.  He might end up third in that four-player race for best first/second year forward, behind Eberle and only ahead of Paajarvi.

Oh, and someone should tell Kessel that all he needs to do is answer the "how about Seguin!" questions with: "pretty clear why he was a #2 overall pick.  He's a terrific young player, and it's great to watch guys with his talent really shine...just not against your team."  Wouldn't that be pretty much end of story?  Someone might follow up with "Seguin averages a point a game against Toronto, but the Bruins usually shut you out. Do you feel like that makes the Leafs look bad for making the trade?"  Even then, all Kessel has to do is say: "I can't worry about who scores for them; my team needs me to score and to play well against every opponent." Phil just needs a media guy to coach him so he says one of these two things to every Seguin question and then they won't bother him so much.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Late answer to the question, SanDog, but yeah, it sure looks like RNH will be the straw in Edmonton if he isn't already.  He and Hall are different players; RNH will get more points because he can do so many things well.  Hall isn't "one-dimensional" and he'll be a serious player, but he doesn't have as many dimensions as RNH, and even though he's got more physical talents than RNH, RNH is sharper mentally. Did you see the Saturday game?  Hall keeps getting creamed.  He might end up third in that four-player race for best first/second year forward, behind Eberle and only ahead of Paajarvi. Oh, and someone should tell Kessel that all he needs to do is answer the "how about Seguin!" questions with: "pretty clear why he was a #2 overall pick.  He's a terrific young player, and it's great to watch guys with his talent really shine...just not against your team."  Wouldn't that be pretty much end of story?  Someone might follow up with "Seguin averages a point a game against Toronto, but the Bruins usually shut you out. Do you feel like that makes the Leafs look bad for making the trade?"  Even then, all Kessel has to do is say: "I can't worry about who scores for them; my team needs me to score and to play well against every opponent." Phil just needs a media guy to coach him so he says one of these two things to every Seguin question and then they won't bother him so much.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    If by media guy you mean a common sense coach. You can't make Phil read anything but a menu.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Well that was really ugly.  I knew there would be games like this, this year as this team is still pretty young and goaltending, especially without Reimer, is going to be touch and go.

Bruins completely dominated my poor Leafs in this one.  This was coming as the Leafs have not played well in about 3 games where they were lucky for the most part.

Last year we seem to have had the Bruins number with a lesser team, but it hasn't even been close in the two games this year.

Could be the start of a huge slide for the Leafs and an upward climb for the Bruins (they should manhandle the Islanders tonight too).

Seguin looked great, especially the 3rd goal.  Didn't matter how many goals they scored, Thomas was not going to get beat in this one.

Full marks to the Bruins on this one.  They completely dominated!

Cheers

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Well that was really ugly.  I knew there would be games like this, this year as this team is still pretty young and goaltending, especially without Reimer, is going to be touch and go. Bruins completely dominated my poor Leafs in this one.  This was coming as the Leafs have not played well in about 3 games where they were lucky for the most part. Last year we seem to have had the Bruins number with a lesser team, but it hasn't even been close in the two games this year. Could be the start of a huge slide for the Leafs and an upward climb for the Bruins (they should manhandle the Islanders tonight too). Seguin looked great, especially the 3rd goal.  Didn't matter how many goals they scored, Thomas was not going to get beat in this one. Full marks to the Bruins on this one.  They completely dominated! Cheers
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

Maybe completely dominated on the scoreboard but Leafs did outshoot the Bruins,  not when it counted though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

The local toronto media must have been going nuts about his game the next day! Looks like tylers hip is doing fine what a modern medical miracle i guess haha

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]The local toronto media must have been going nuts about his game the next day! Looks like tylers hip is doing fine what a modern medical miracle i guess haha
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

LUCIC - The headline in The Toronto Sun's sports section yesterday was "Seguin and Again and Again: Tyler's hat trick in Bruins romp a sorry new twist to Kessel saga."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TYLER SEGUIN!!!! : LUCIC - The headline in The Toronto Sun's sports section yesterday was "Seguin and Again and Again: Tyler's hat trick in Bruins romp a sorry new twist to Kessel saga."
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

LOL good stuff the talk radio must have been talking alot about it to

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TYLER SEGUIN!!!! : LOL good stuff the talk radio must have been talking alot about it to
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

You got it, LUCIC!  AM 640's Leaf post-game show was an anxiety-filled combination of callers wondering if the poorly-played Columbus game the night before, albeit a win, was the beginning of their annual fall slide, where has Kessel and his hot goal-scoring disappeared to and Seguin would've looked great in blue 'n white.  Some folks had enough sense to remind those who were becoming unglued that the club was still a pretty damn good 9-4-1. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

As Jack was saying tonight, he's getting people out of their seats whenever he touches the puck.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Through it all, I have maintained that Tyler Seguin was THE pick of the draft.  In one year, he has begun to do the things that he did in juniors.  The fact that he has just played for a Stanley Cup team and has adapted his work ethic accordingly (i.e. accountability) is outstanding; gives him that confidence to play his game. Good on him; good on the Bruins!

Hey, did you getthat nickname: Ziggy?  I guess that's Seggy said real quickly..spell it like it sounds.  The (ee)y line: Bergy, Ziggy, and Marshy.